• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Location: "Somewhere planning revenge" ahaha! Aw yay, this was fun! Lets definitely try this again in August!
stitch wink oh yea bby.gif

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Location: "Somewhere planning revenge" ahaha! Aw yay, this was fun! Lets definitely try this again in August!
Just wait till Aerospray, Inkzooka, and Kraken get nerfed. Let's see who's laughing now!

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Just wait till Aerospray, Inkzooka, and Kraken get nerfed. Let's see who's laughing now!
Well right nowww, I'm the one laughing! So...ha! Besides, I thought it was your noob teammates that got in your way? Aw geez, I'm enjoying winning too much, I dont mean to be a jerk haha

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Well right nowww, I'm the one laughing! So...ha! Besides, I thought it was your noob teammates that got in your way? Aw geez, I'm enjoying winning too much, I dont mean to be a jerk haha
Figuratively.

Edit: I hate Port Mackeral now.

Last edited:

Wonderf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wonderf
3DS FC
5172-2136-8763
Every Villager in the Villager boards hates meh naow :(

Edit: At least Sonsa won't know how to use the Dynamo Roller correctly...
Well...
May I suggest that you are just feeling sad about your lost.
I think you just take a break and go throw a tree (It always helps me :))

Sonsa

Smash Champion
No way, I am the freshest Inkling around!
fresh.png

@ Wonderf Wonderf And we used Splat Rollers, Krak-on one's to be exact, I saw him turn into that kraken and roll around.

Last edited:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Lmao I suppose this is a good time to say it, but I'm really not as good as some of you guys think I am, or at least not as good as I was initially during the earlier days of the game. I've stopped playing for about two months now and even when I've had the chance to really sit down and practice, (which was already low due to classes) as time went on my motivation to do so has become lower and lower so I would just not want to play lol. Even then, I mostly only practiced my tech skill in training mode and have rarely learned match-ups as a result. Perhaps its because of my character's newfound bad reputation from customs that I've become demotivated, maybe I've just become bored of the character (I've only used Mewtwo and Samus the past two months in online friendlies and I'm still having a lot of fun with Samus unlike Villager, I've spent the whole of last week playing a lot of matches with her) or maybe I'm just a lazy bum lmao which is the more likely one. I'm really not looking for people to console me with compliments from this (please don't do that). I just thought since some Villagers here are so nice to me, that it would only be fair to warn those that you will likely be disappointed when you face me or find out there likely isn't really anything to learn from any advice I could give you at the moment lmao. The best advice I can give you however, is to look at Ranai's most recent tournament matches and study those. I don't think I wanna give anyone advice at the moment though (aside from like confused new players wanting to learn obvious stuff that every smasher knows)...At least not until I get better, and my motivation has improved recently so that's cool...I still wanna use Samus more though lol.
Hey, mad respect to you for being honest with us. I'd still love to visit your stream and watch your Samus! Maybe we can help inspire your villager somehow, who knows. I wish you the best of luck whatever you do.

In other news...

OH MY GOODNESS ANCHORTEA'S AVATAR CHANGED LOL!

Poor AnchorTea, but this is just too awesome. Hopefully we can rematch in August with teams! Then more people will have their avatar's changed lol. I still need to level up my Splatoon play though. Are some weapons really going to get nerfed?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
oh hey @zeezee posted something i was too busy gawking at a certain hedgehog who doest give a heck
quite honestly i now beleive that villager is both over and underrated like Customs villager isn't that bad but because everyone whines about it they overlook default villager. Like if you want to go back to playing villager do so as default villager, Ranai is amazing even without customs afterall

Last edited:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Day 5: I still don't have Splatoon. However, I'm trying to find methods to collect enough money. The wait is unbearable and each day it becomes harder and the temptation grows.

Sanity Points: - 7

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Alright, all I can say is that Monster Hunter, can be pretty insane especially the weapons. I'll try to get it sooner or later because I have a couple have friends who have it.
just wait until monster hunter x for some insane stuff

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Hey you guys know if Sean Hicks from Smashified has a Smashboards account? Just ran into him and we had a super fun set! We said gg a bunch, but I wanna say it again on smashboards just to make sure he knows I agree theyre ggs haha
Oh and I ask cause when I searched his name in the thing it got no results.

Edit: Nevermind! Messaged him on tumblr, what a nice dude!

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
i now i have an account on squidkidboards and i demmand that @ AnchorTea AnchorTea changes his avatar there as well >:D

bakku-shann

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3540-2113-5104
hi guys. do you know any good youtubers to watch, or great villager tutorials. villager is so cool. I have figured out a lot of stuff, but I dont know any fancy things to do with him yet.

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
I've waited so long for this: My Bo3 against @zeezee (in order)

I have to say that fighting Zee was the best experience I've had in my journey with Villager. It was the moment where everything I have learned so far was tested. Yet I still have a long way to go and many before truly beating Zee.

I'm sorry Zee but I still think you are a very good Villager and hopefully we can rematch once and if you regain full confidence in the character.

GeeGees.

- @zeezee ------
@ Sonsa Sonsa <-- next goal/victim :-P
@Player-1

Last edited:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
hi guys. do you know any good youtubers to watch, or great villager tutorials. villager is so cool. I have figured out a lot of stuff, but I dont know any fancy things to do with him yet.
Zee has a youtube channel so check it out to learn things and see what high villager play looks like.

There are competitive guides around youtube but I wouldn't take everything they say for truth.

I happen to have a replay collection of Ranai (best villager) gameplay so check it out if you'd like (ignore gameplay by yours truly, call me a weaboo).

Not sure if there are active youtube villager mains. I could be wrong though.

Edit: Link works now.

Edit 2: @ bakku-shann bakku-shann If you have any questions about the character, Don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Zee has a youtube channel so check it out to learn things and see what high villager play looks like.

There are competitive guides around youtube but I wouldn't take everything they say for truth.

I happen to have a replay collection of Ranai (best villager) gameplay so check it out if you'd like (ignore gameplay by yours truly, call me a weaboo).

Not sure if there are active youtube villager mains. I could be wrong though.
edited so the link works

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I have to say that fighting Zee was the best experience I've had in my journey with Villager. It was the moment where everything I have learned so far was tested. Yet I still have a long way to go and many before truly beating Zee.

I'm sorry Zee but I still think you are a very good Villager and hopefully we can rematch once and if you regain full confidence in the character.

GeeGees.
Hey, ggs you two! I did not see that axe in the first kill coming, kinda like Zee ha! And in the middle of that 2nd match where you both recover, Zee hesitates a bit to let Sile grab the ledge first so he can ledge trump! Very smart! Yep, good stuff to yall!

Last edited:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Hey, ggs you too! I did not see that axe in the first kill coming, kinda like Zee ha! And in the middle of that 2nd match where you both recover, Zee hesitates a bit to let Sile grab the ledge first so he can ledge trump! Very smart! Yep, good stuff to yall!
I learned a lot of things I didn't knew I knew. For example, in the first match, I did a walljump into B-reverse pocket to recover (even though I failed) as well as other things. However, I admit I could have been more creative with my moves so I'll work on that. I need to also work on ledge trumping and moving faster while landing safely. Ranai is giving me a lot of ideas so I'll keep breaking down his videos/strategy. (We should do an analysis thread breaking down one of Ranai's videos, should be helpful and we could learn things but I'm not too sure if people would get behind that).

For the meantime, I'm working to get good so I can beat you, Sonsa.

Edit: The axe is underrated. In fast matchups like this where one mistake could cost you a stock, The axe is a very reliable stock closer as long as you don't get predictable with it. From now on, I'll use the axe when I'm in a situation where both me and my opponent are in high percents so that if they mess up or commit to something laggy, I can punish with the axe. A bowling ball is less safe and may not be the best option onstage.

U-smash as a punish option in high percents (100+) is also underrated. I used to use usmash only as a follow up to Dsmash but a plain U-smash is sometimes enough to take the stock.

Just as a general tip for those who don't know, Jump cancelled Usmash is a very good option for Villager so punish unsafe attacks with a JCUsmash if you struggle with finishing a stock.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ bakku-shann bakku-shann and whoever else may be interested, I forgot about AceStarThe3rd. He's a very active Villager main but he does a series called Undefeatable! in which he plays a character in FG until he loses. The videos are an average of 20 minutes and he talks about the character, gives tips, and teaches you some things so you should check out his Villager undefeatables (watch them in order from 1 to 11 I think). Fun fact: Our @ Sonsa Sonsa actually appeared in the latest Rosalina undefeatable and almost ended Ace's Rosalina series.

Even more good news is that Ace is in the process of making a Villager guide and he received input from several villagers in these boards (link here) so it will hopefully be updated and beginner friendly.

and @AceStarThe3rd If you're reading this, I would love it if you made this play in the background of the Villager guide. NLeaf's 11am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 5pm and 7pm are my favorites

Last edited:
Top Bottom