• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Okay! Im mostly planning on messing around with Villager customs, may go Shulk or Robin. Wii U im assuming?
Oof, its significantly laggy haha, not sure if thats coming from my family or not. So sorry just in case!
Edit: Ahh the lags not really getting any better, think ima go. GGs though!

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Its no problem. GGs all around. If you dont mind, do you have any advice for me?
Well ya roll a lot, but it mighta been lag messing up your movement. And I guess generally you don't seem to be at the level of quickly short hopping slingshots and having fundamental optimal movement I guess? But I dunno if I got a good impression. You should be great with practice!

Myed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
13sora
3DS FC
1306-7973-7040
Well ya roll a lot, but it mighta been lag messing up your movement. And I guess generally you don't seem to be at the level of quickly short hopping slingshots and having fundamental optimal movement I guess? But I dunno if I got a good impression. You should be great with practice!
Yeah, I kept trying to shield the projectiles and run in, but it kept reading me doing that as rolls.

Since half of my mains' big things depend on shorthops, i was considering changing my controls. Would you recommend using a button to jump?

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hi guys, as requested by the Major of Smashville, Villyness, I am here to tell you guys about how much more the villager pocket has been nerfed.

I'm not sure which update this was in but, now, you can not pocket Lucario's side B anymore. Before 1.0.4, you could but then I'm not sure when it was patched.
before 1.0.6
I just thought Villager could never pocket Lucario's side b

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yeah, I kept trying to shield the projectiles and run in, but it kept reading me doing that as rolls.

Since half of my mains' big things depend on shorthops, i was considering changing my controls. Would you recommend using a button to jump?
Ahh okay! That's unfortunate... I hear some talk of changing controls around here, but ahh...all I can say is do what works for you. I use default controls. But I've been playing since...close to when Melee came out I guess? Over the years short hopping, gently pushing up so I can do up-tilt, and other control things...I've grown up practicing it, it's super natural for me. Changing it would be weird...but for newcomers, maybe something else is better, I dunno. Seems like youve been playing for a while too though, but maybe they never grew on ya.

And oh, interesting about Lucario!

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
well if the move scales just like aura sphere than that is a melee ranged nuke

PyroBandit

Smash Cadet
Is this the place where we introduce ourselves?

Whats up Villager boards, Ive kinda been lurking on these boards for awhile, but not anymore! I've played Villy since the demo, and after doing well with him at a tourney this past weekend, I decided I wanted to contribute to some discussion (or at the very least, just be here)

So yeah, hi.

Myed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
13sora
3DS FC
1306-7973-7040
Is this the place where we introduce ourselves?

Whats up Villager boards, Ive kinda been lurking on these boards for awhile, but not anymore! I've played Villy since the demo, and after doing well with him at a tourney this past weekend, I decided I wanted to contribute to some discussion (or at the very least, just be here)

So yeah, hi.

J.Noble

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm Really trying to smooth out my Villager and be as quick as possible with the little murderer. I struggle consitently shff with all aerials and always tend to get punished when trying to mix up approaches that way. How do you girls/guys consistently stay quick and effective with short hops?

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Hey I'm Really trying to smooth out my Villager and be as quick as possible with the little murderer. I struggle consitently shff with all aerials and always tend to get punished when trying to mix up approaches that way. How do you girls/guys consistently stay quick and effective with short hops?
Practice. It takes time, that's all there is to it.

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, Tea!
Sonsa, I think I saw a compilation of yours?
Also, lately I've been over at Squidboards under the name Pivi, I think @ flying_tortoise flying_tortoise from here is over there too?
Speaking of, I entered the Splatoon art contest, look at this progress shot!
Hey! lol so your pivi? Well then a hello, been really busy with squidboards and splatoon stuff. So much planning for stuff to happen on squidboards but all I wanna do is just play the game x.x
Also that is super good art, I could've sworn you had artwork that was mainly cartoon-ish style (mb the wrong word), could be thinking of someone else.

edit:......Wait....did we honestly join smashboards the exact same day?....

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Oh! ...who and that big chin guy who I hear had some bad interactions with Conan and it's very funny? I guess I don't havta worry about it since I won't lose, but ya've got me curious.
Muhahaha! I wouldn't be so omptimistic of trying to defeat someone who just did a few turf wars at Gamestop and got 1600 points on one match!

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Well, wouldnt Sonsa need to come up with something for you to do in case she wins?
What do yall think? These are my top 2 ideas so far...
Anchortea potential prof pic.jpg

super tryhard i use fox and falcon so im instantly cool dude persona ORRR
Anchortea potential prof pic 2.jpg

original sanic fan character persona?

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
What do yall think? These are my top 2 ideas so far...
View attachment 53502
super tryhard i use fox and falcon so im instantly cool dude persona ORRR
View attachment 53503
original sanic fan character persona?
The Sonic fan character is brilliant. Are we still doing teams? Because I may wanna join yours just so I can see his profile pic change. :grin:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
@ Sonsa Sonsa I saw your Splatoon video again and I just realized one of the people you splattered I actually met on the most recent Testfire.

If only I met you then you could've see a taste of my Splatoon skillz. ( And by skillz. I mean just flinging the roller instead of rolling it.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom