• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Ok. Sorry that it's taking me long. For some reason my Wii U is issues connecting to the Nintendo Network.
It's okay...

Offtopic but SHing with the Shoulder button is so hard, I can't do it consistently. Any techniques or tips?

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
It's okay...

Offtopic but SHing with the Shoulder button is so hard, I can't do it consistently. Any techniques or tips?
Idk what SHing means, also you might notice that i'm not that great at dittos. I still find them fun.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
The best instrument is obviously the spoons, come on now

Talking to me about awesome profile pics when you have that amazing Villager staring at me with those adorable eyes with a hint of bashfulness. It is you who has the awesome profile pic, sir!

On another note, Always glad to see another person who can sit down, press buttons, and make sound come out. Although I've been writing music more than playing now-adays, as I cant carry around a piano like i can pencils and a notebook. Whats your favorite song to play?
I actually play for my church, so I play lots of different songs every Sunday and Wednesday! Picking a favorite is pretty hard lol, but there was one piece I worked really REALLY hard on(like 6 months at least) for a competition when I was in 8th grade I think, and although I still didn't win anything, I was really proud of it. The piece is called Tocatta, Op. 1. It's kinda hard to find, so if I find a way to listen to it I'll link it here.

I actually don't practice classical anymore since I switched piano teachers(my old one became a mommy), so now I'm learning jazz, and let me tell you jazz is pretty fun! It's hard, but a lot more chill than classical. Easiest is church music cause you just hit chords the whole time, and it's up to you to make it harder on yourself by improving(read improv-ing, like making up stuff as you go). I also play the synthesizer, a keyboard that makes all kinds of sounds, so you could say I play organ, strings, brass, etc.

So yeah, music's pretty cool.

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Idk what SHing means, also you might notice that i'm not that great at dittos. I still find them fun.
Shorthopping, and yeah I need to practice dittos sometimes. Fighting against Villager is fun but a bit annoying.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Shorthopping, and yeah I need to practice dittos sometimes. Fighting against Villager is fun but a bit annoying.
I know I keep getting destroyed, but I promise i'm much better than this T-T

Anyway. I think you just need practice when it comes to shorthopping. I would switch to Mega Man, but I promised dittos.

Edit: WHY AM I DOING SO BAD ALL OF THE SUDDEN? D:

Edit #2: *bangs head on a desk*

Last edited:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
I know I keep getting destroyed, but I promise i'm much better than this T-T

Anyway. I think you just need practice when it comes to shorthopping. I would switch to Mega Man, but I promised dittos.

Edit: WHY AM I DOING SO BAD ALL OF THE SUDDEN? D:
I'm fine shorthopping with the normal Jump button but when I try to jump with L, I can't SH consistently probably because I overpress. Not sure exactly why.

I'm also improving with C-stick aerials.

Edit: GGs I guess.

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I'm fine shorthopping with the normal Jump button but when I try to jump with L, I can't SH consistently probably because I overpress. Not sure exactly why.

I'm also improving with C-stick aerials.
OK

MR.SILE

I PROMISE I AM ACTUALLY GOOD AT VILLAGER. IDK WHY I AM DOING TERRIBLY OUT OF NOWHERE.

Anyway, I promised to help you so...

I can tell that you play very... Rhythm-like.

I'll be honest that I got pretty salty from losing someone who kept doing the same thing. You depend on the same tactic both with Villager and Robin. You need to mix it up. Trust me, I know I got completely rekt, but a tactic like that will not help you at tourney's.

Oh and one more thing is that you shouldn't rely on Arc Fire so much.

Last edited:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
OK

MR.SILE

I PROMISE I AM ACTUALLY GOOD AT VILLAGER. IDK WHY I AM DOING TERRIBLY OUT OF NOWHERE.

Anyway, I promised to help you so...

I can tell that you play very... Rhythm-like.

I'll be honest that I got pretty salty from losing someone who kept doing the same thing. You depend on the same tactic both with Villager and Robin. You need to mix it up. Trust me, I know I got completely rekt, but a tactic like that will not help you at tourney's.

Oh and one more thing is that you shouldn't rely on Arc Fire so much.
Yeah I know. My autopiloting is a huge problem...but I'm working to improve it by mastering shoulder jump + C-stick aerials (I'm switching my controls around). If I haven't dealt that by then, The next step is either improving my creativity with the character, or ledge trumping.

And I have to disagree, Arcfire is an important tool in Robin's arsenal....I just suck at landing it.

And you should have seen the beating that @ Sonsa Sonsa gave me yesterday.

Edit: Jus Got called ***** in spanish by a guy/girl in FG while using my impaired controls -_-...

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Yeah I know. My autopiloting is a huge problem...but I'm working to improve it by mastering shoulder jump + C-stick aerials (I'm switching my controls around). If I haven't dealt that by then, The next step is either improving my creativity with the character, or ledge trumping.

And I have to disagree, Arcfire is an important tool in Robin's arsenal....I just suck at landing it.

And you should have seen the beating that @ Sonsa Sonsa gave me yesterday.
Sorry that I yelled at you via text...

@ Sonsa Sonsa is a very good Villager player. Learning from her is a wise decision. However, I am better than her at Splatoon.

Last edited:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
@ AnchorTea AnchorTea

You could play me again and see how I play with my crazy controls? That way, I won't autopilot as much but I'll play worse.

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Learning this (control scheme) is painful.

Last edited:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Last one. Hopefully it goes well. (kind of getting tired, sorry)

Edit: Can't believe I sat there and took the tree kill like a chump. GGs.

Last edited:

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
I'll stream very soon friend, but my Villager is really ass right now so I would like a little training time before I get back to it.

I don't feel comfortable showing you guys a rusty ass Villager yet lmao.

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Hi guys! It's been a while, I took a break but I'm bad now, has anything new popped up?
Hmmm...

Me and @ Sonsa Sonsa are having a Splatoon war

I am reading the entire Zelda social

@Indigo Jeans is a guy

I found out that the One-Chop was removed from the MewTwo patch

@ Sonsa Sonsa sucks at Splatoon (I'm saying this in a friendly way. Don't infract me moderators ;~; )

I am the best Splatoon player of the Villager boards. Saying that in a friendly way (Sort of...)

@ Mr.Sile Mr.Sile is awesome at landing F-Smashes on-stage

Indigo Jeans watches Amazing World of Gumball

Sonsa's Villager brews hype almost as fast as Zee's

There is a product out there called Anchor Tea (Seriously. Google Anchor Tea)

Dr. Shrunk won't shut up

@ Antonykun Antonykun still doesn't have a Wii U

I am eating gummy bears

I also ordered pizza

I did not put a period at the end of each line

ZeRo makes fun of everyone for the 45352335235 time

I make fanfics now. Maybe i'll make one about the Villager boards

The Global Testfire had a huge error

Antonykun made a gravestone with my name

Dr. Shrunk still won't shut up

@Ponytail told me that the blue ink isn't gray. I told him I was colorblind (He was with me whilst playing the Global Testfire)

The Villager social needs some improving

@ zeezee zeezee is done with semester's

Read the second word of each line

Um... Indigo looks blue to me

"Timbers of the Villager's" is available for retail

And the "Timbers of the Turnip Grill's" is available for retail

Skinny Jeans don't fit on me. Too fat for them.

Last edited:

Myed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
13sora
3DS FC
1306-7973-7040
Hmmm...
ZeRo makes fun of everyone for the 45352335235 time
Wasnt there a 200 dollar bounty or something of the sort put on him for evo because of that?

Also, I didnt get to testfire, how does Splatoon feel? If Nintendos pouring this much money into making it known about the kid>squid>kid true combo they must have some semblance of confidence in it.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Wasnt there a 200 dollar bounty or something of the sort put on him for evo because of that?

Also, I didnt get to testfire, how does Splatoon feel? If Nintendos pouring this much money into making it known about the kid>squid>kid true combo they must have some semblance of confidence in it.
Splatoon is incredibly fun. Even if you lose, you still have a blast. The game doesn't feel bad at all and the online is smooth and even 60 FPS.

Don't be skeptical about the game. IT IS AWESOME.

Last edited:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Thanks, Tea!
Sonsa, I think I saw a compilation of yours?
Also, lately I've been over at Squidboards under the name Pivi, I think @flying_tortoise from here is over there too?
Speaking of, I entered the Splatoon art contest, look at this progress shot!

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Thanks, Tea!
Sonsa, I think I saw a compilation of yours?
Also, lately I've been over at Squidboards under the name Pivi, I think @flying_tortoise from here is over there too?
Speaking of, I entered the Splatoon art contest, look at this progress shot!
Oh wow that's very good!

I would ask for an art request for future profile pic, but I have nothing to pay you. Maybe custom items? Idk.

Uh... Sorry for me being greedy. Anyway, I hope you win!

Last edited:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Oh wow that's very good!

I would ask for an art request for future profile pic, but I have nothing to pay you. Maybe custom items? Idk.

Uh... Sorry for me being greedy. Anyway, I hope you win!
I'd love to do some art for icons since i love you guys, but right now im tied up in deadlines and all that

I've gotten some offers to do like, stream covers but that would cost money and no one wants to pay u_u

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
OMG DO NOT EXPLODE THIS THREAD WHEN I'M FORCED TO USE MY PHONE YOU ARE NOT THE ZELDA SOCIAL.!!!!!!! 1! 1! 11

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
I'll stream very soon friend, but my Villager is really *** right now so I would like a little training time before I get back to it.

I don't feel comfortable showing you guys a rusty *** Villager yet lmao.
Excited for this. Please add me if you have time and space ---> NNID= Dorvillo

Hype. And take your time getting the rust out of your Villy.

For now, though, I'll improve by going against @ Sonsa Sonsa .

Last edited:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
I'll stream very soon friend, but my Villager is really *** right now so I would like a little training time before I get back to it.

I don't feel comfortable showing you guys a rusty *** Villager yet lmao.
Sensei Zee, you can take all the time you need. We await your return to glory. :upsidedown:

In the meantime, can you add me on Wii U as well? SoniCraft is the NNID.

zang

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zangoose
man if we could get new leaf villager for next smash, would be so rad

Wonderf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wonderf
3DS FC
5172-2136-8763
I make fanfics now. Maybe i'll make one about the Villager boards
If this is a thing, here is my suggestion;

Make the story a mash-up of seasame street, adventure time, god of war, kung fu panda, star wars and the matrix,
incorporate you and @ Sonsa Sonsa 's splatoon battle,
have tyler (gravity falls) or someone portrayed as tyler in the story...

and don't forget the red shirts.:)

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Anyone want to spar?
Oh! Hi! Are you still up to spar? I have a bunch of customs I wanna try! I think they'll be quite useful bwahaha...or I'll lose cause I think I know how to use em but maybe I actually don't.

Last edited:

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Oh! Hi! Are you still up to spar? I have a bunch of customs I wanna try! I think they'll be quite useful bwahaha...or I'll lose cause I think I know how to use em but maybe I actually don't.
I'm currently in a doubles tourney (almost undefeated for my first time) so I might leave suddenly. When It's over I'll spar gladly.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I'm currently in a doubles tourney (almost undefeated for my first time) so I might leave suddenly. When It's over I'll spar gladly.
Ah, I was looking to test some customs, not ready to have some serious matches, but maybe later after I try em out yeah. Good luck!

Myed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
13sora
3DS FC
1306-7973-7040
Ah, I was looking to test some customs, not ready to have some serious matches, but maybe later after I try em out yeah. Good luck!
I would be up for casual spars if youre willing. I was also looking to try out some Villager customs on non-bots and no one on Anthers wants anything besides vanilla.

Disclaimer: Am bad at game

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I would be up for casual spars if youre willing. I was also looking to try out some Villager customs on non-bots and no one on Anthers wants anything besides vanilla.

Disclaimer: Am bad at game
Sure! My custom Robin is pretty sluggish and I plan on some custom Olimar, Megaman, and G&W to let ya know what you'll be dealing with.

Top Bottom