• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp: Regarding Project M

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
Well A BIGGG Major Disappointment i Kinda had a Feeling somthing like dis was gonna happen x__X its gonan die just like BRAWL+ - & a few other mods but no other mod was as Bigg As PM welll (sigh)
if Nintendo Decides bring more DLC for SMash 4 As well as a Melee HD for the Wii U with GC Adapter compatible it wont be too bad

Den again however PM is what made me Dive DEEPER into the Smash Community more den brawl & now Sm4sh so Also the PM COMMUNITY was Growing too........ (sigh) Dis is WACK but who knows what the future holds.....

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I honestly can't wait for the influx of people who are going to immediately blame smash 4 for this when it starts getting streamed in PM's spot.*

/sarcasm

Also I didn't know GimR's real name was Calvin. He's just one of those people whose name I thought was literally GimR LOL

(*before you guys say anything I played and loved PM more than Brawl and Melee)

Tmathh

Smash Rookie
Once again Nintendo trying to rip apart the community for pride and money...Nintendo used to be all about the gaming. if they gave a damn they would buy PM and put there name on it. This a matter of petty nonsense.

Nevergreen

This Subreddit Sucks
NNID
Nevergreen
3DS FC
0817-3854-3643
Business is business.

Being that this is business, however, my former VGBC Sub $$ will now be going to Tourney Locator/CT/Other High Quality PM Stream.

Best of luck, GIMR.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm not surprised at all about this. I'm having too much fun with Smash 4 to care about the future of Project M.

SEXINT

Smash Rookie
That's disheartening. Any word from the P:M team on what they're planning?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The more visible PM becomes, and the closer VGBC is associated with PM, the higher the likelihood we face more direct legal action.
If I was GimR and I was facing the loss of not only VGBootCamp but the potential of a lawsuit/retribution from Nintendo on the P:M community; I would drop P:M like a sack of potatoes.

We don't know what sort of legal action VGBootCamp would face. It could of been to protect the P:M community as Nintendo may have threatened to send a cease and desist to the PM team if VGBootCamp didn't agree to drop it. It could of been to protect VGBootCamp and avoid a lawsuit. I am not going to be quick to blame this entirely on VGBootCamp and call them a sell out until further information is revealed (if at all).

(but then again...it might just be an excuse to be associated with Nintendo so who knows)

Last edited:

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
Don't particularly care for P:M. I've been aware of it's possible legality for a long while now. It's just how it is. I still love GimR and his streams. So I'm not going to miss out on the top Smash stream just because it doesn't have a Mod of a game.

And to the people who subbed for it. Unsub if you're unhappy. It's not a big deal. People act as if Project M is the be all end all of Smash.

It's not. All Smash games are perfectly fine to like, but Project M is hard to support when it's not an actual release by Nintendo, and Nintendo is starting to notice our community. That needs to be clear to all of you.

Remo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dekonic
I never, ever reply to things like this but it makes me sick. I've been smashing since I could possibly remember. PM resparked a flame I thought I would never rekindle. GimR, you've lost my respect and I just can not believe this is a decision for "legal troubles." Nintendo would've ripped this **** to the ground day one. I won't bash any further but I believe everyone knows exactly 'why' you're distancing from P:M and I don't think it's for the communities sake. Business is business, and it's all about the money. Unfortunately you will no longer receive mine until P:M is brought back. Cheers.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Project M will continue on with or without VGBC's support. It's still sad that they'll no longer stream it though.

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Well ****... This basically means PM is dead. Which is sad because it's the game I play. I don't want to play Melee because it only has like 8 good characters and Smash4 is too campy. I'm torn.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I understand GimR's decision here, but frankly, this is a giant slap in the face to a huge portion of the people that helped VGBC get where it is today.
As far as I can see, this is the tipping point where Nintendo's involvement really has done more harm than good to the community (not that we can even be called a community anymore). Although I can't blame him for his decision, this is pretty much the literal definition of selling out.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
My love for PM has been fading ever since the release of 3.5. I don't know why, but it just has.

Even though I don't particularly like PM anymore, it's a shame to see this. This was expected, but a shame regardless.

JoeTango

It Takes Two
I think for VGBC this was a smart decision. Unfortunate for PM fans, but smart for GimR

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
One thing I'm wondering now. Why didn't you just tell us this from the beginning instead of leaving everyone in the dark for over a month now?

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I think its ok that PM goes back to being what it was intended to be from the start. A Brawl mod.
So I will still play it. And there might be tourneys here and there. But no longer will it be next to official games on big sponsored events.
Its a shame, but a reasonable shame. I just want to see if PM gets more characters with that clone engine thingy I heard. Would be a way to get more people back to it.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Well ****... This basically means PM is dead. Which is sad because it's the game I play. I don't want to play Melee because it only has like 8 good characters and Smash4 is too campy. I'm torn.
Keep playing PM its the best smash and will keep getting better, we will just have to find a better stream provider to go to.

M@v

Subarashii!
Nintendo probably hasn't even contacted him about this yet, but the massive upsurge in melee and smash 4 popularity as well as Nintendo getting involves in sponsorships now makes this a wise move. There will still be plenty of pm content out there for those who would want it.

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
Meanwhile Smash Flash keeps getitng bigger and bigger. Nothing against the game but it will never replace what PM did for the Smash comunity.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Now I'm curious. I saw some people playing pm at apex. I wonder what happened when staff saw them?

Last edited:

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
Can we please get a multi millionaire who loves pm to set up major tournies and streams and not sellout?

Last edited:

Jazzer94

Smash Rookie
NNID
Justinius94
3DS FC
5155-3100-6367
A lot of people commenting are coming across as ignorant and letting their emotions run wild making accusations with no proof. Gimr had to make a hard choice but honestly it was the right one for him and to make sure the scene continues to grow.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I think its ok that PM goes back to being what it was intended to be from the start. A Brawl mod.
So I will still play it. And there might be tourneys here and there. But no longer will it be next to official games on big sponsored events.
Its a shame, but a reasonable shame. I just want to see if PM gets more characters with that clone engine thingy I heard. Would be a way to get more people back to it.
I think that's why I've kind of been distancing myself from PM. I guess I just don't want it next to official games in big sponsored events.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
:wolf:"Weaklings, the bunch of you!"

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I hope GimR realizes that this isn't just shunning PM, it's a middle finger to it, even though we of course know it's not intended to be. This is effectively dropping PM for Smash 4, the game that has already forced PM out of several major tournaments against the community's will.

If people aren't already trying to kill Smash 4, they will be now, and at this point, I can't help but want to join them.

Last edited:

Prism

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jesset202
3DS FC
0576-5008-6643
Meh, don't care that people are mad about this honestly. Good on you GimR, and keep up the awesome work making a living doing what you love.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
You guys who are respecting GIMR's decision are being unreasonable. We should totally expect VGBC to keep streaming this wavedashing lawsuit for the sake of our entertainment. GIMR, you've lost my respect and money until you realize that getting sued is a much better business decision than not getting sued.

I'm so upset that I can't watch PM ever again, ever.

SojyuRyu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shiragon21
3DS FC
2019-9678-7610
Whoever is badly bashing Gimr....be ashamed he put his a** on the line promoting PM yes the fans gave money and supported him you can do that through twitch, imagine how he feels that this had to happen but we all knew it would Nintendo would crucify him if he didn't and it would affect all aspects of the smash scene. All that smash 4 bashing again you sound like thethe melee viewers at Apex2015 if Nintendo is sponsoring it you gotta do it by their rules.

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
Well, where do i watch PM now? :(

Sinister_Six is working on providing a super solid stream for Socal PM. Currently we are doing weeklies every saturday for PM only events to help the scene in Socal.

I personally am not very technical but am getting aid from a few people to help provide quality PM content.

There are key players / public figures for PM that are getting together to try and figure out how to kick out content.
Provide better tournaments.
And in the near future host regionals / nationals for PM in socal :)

Top Bottom