• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp: Regarding Project M

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
I'd just like to point to the PC gaming community when it comes to issues like this... When has player generated content, via mods or whatever, ever hurt a game in any way?

If anything, it drives even more sales, and gives existing players that much more enjoyment, which keeps them playing and recommending the game to others.

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
Legality? PM is a mod, the reason PM is starting to not be shown is Smash 4. Doesn't Nintendo give an "incentive" for big Smash 4 tournaments? I'm in no place to question the decisions, I'm probably just butthurt because PM is so far my favorite iteration of Smash Bros., but still...

D

Deleted member

As soon as you get the attention of the company who hasn't shown competitive Smash the slightest bit of kindness for 13 years, you drop the game made as a love-letter to us on it's head because of the slight chance that Nintendo gets pissy at a perfectly legal mod...

If Smash 4 fails and you guys go back to Project M, you will lose all respect I have for you.

FLYING 7UR7LE

Smash Cadet
NNID
FLYINGTRTL
3DS FC
5413-0294-8873
Never really played it anyway, I feel it's a slap in the face for Sakurai. However, it is sad to see the creators also get a slap in the face. Never liked the game, but I feel bad for the creators of PM.
Yea this is an old post so replying to it is kind of dumb but, brawl was a slap in the face to competitive smashers, if you slap someone in the face, don't expect them not to hit back.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Legality? PM is a mod, the reason PM is starting to not be shown is Smash 4. Doesn't Nintendo give an "incentive" for big Smash 4 tournaments? I'm in no place to question the decisions, I'm probably just butthurt because PM is so far my favorite iteration of Smash Bros., but still...
The thing is that it's, by all accounts, a fair-use mod. It's non-profit and doesn't require hardware modification to use, making essentially less a mod and more an unofficial "Ultimate Edition", if you will. It's a hybrid of both Melee and Brawl, with it's own elements; so a fangame more than a illegal mod.

For the record, **** like USB loaders are more likely to be called illegal than PM ever is. PM requires Brawl to function, so you still need to legally pay to play it unless you use launchers.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
I wasn't aware PM was dead yet. We may not be as huge as we were last year, but the fact that we're still hanging on even after being blacklisted from so many places, including a complete ban from Twitch now, should be a testament to our community's resilience and dedication.

Top Bottom