• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vex and Kool Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Vex - don't try and even claim to be a good pit when you don't use him in tournament and post vid of you vs scrubs.

Kool Aid - Glad to see you repping pit, good job in pool 1, but the best pit in EC needs to at least advance to bracket. Ninja link is hard I agree, but 3 spots advanced. D3 should have been one of your best matchups if you played it right (correct me if I'm wrong, but ling played D3 right?)

As for me. I need to get past the other matchups before I focus on getting past metaknight. The only metaknights I've lost to recently have been the top so it's getting no where focusing my energy on that. TP4 is coming up. I'm going to be doing the best I can to train for that. Matchups I need help with are wario, diddy, snake, olimar (in order of importance). Any help would be much appreciated. I'm focusing on going to regional tournaments in the summer as well. I have a carpool set up for r4 and everything.

No this isn't a troll blog. Please do not discuss "best pit" crap in it. I seriously think pit needs to improve as a whole, pointing out the facts is just a good eye opener.

I want to know the cheapest, most effective way to play vs those four. Aim me at hikaru293 to give me advice. I promise to record matches this weekend for critique.

Chuee

Smash Hero
If I remember correctly Koolaid would have made it out but stingers told people that NL won (when they never even played).
EDIT: Didn't know that Pierce and Shadow are scrubs.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I will try to help out w/ what I can. I have your AIM already sage. For all of the characters besides Wario, you will have to play really gay. Check out ALL of Masashi's diddy matches. Review what he does right and wrong, and you got this. Also on aib, Admiral Pit's group(Angel Ascension) has a couple excellent matchup reviews on these characters. Check that out :p

sagemoon

Smash Lord
He got 2 stocked by shadow, I could use any character and post me getting two stocked with it. He beat pierce because pierce sucked at the matchup (didn't powershield arrows, it's hella easy to do vs ledge camping).

I watched masashi play vs diddy and studied those. It helped a bit.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Sage, your an idiot. When I used pit you said MK vs Pit was 8:2 in MK favor, and also said that Pit can't beat MK. Your like a less emo Admiral Pit. When Rogue and I seen each other all the time we bashed you for being an idiot when it comes to match ups. Vex's pit is good and he beat Pierce, Keitaro, and Eazy with Pit. **** else you want from him *****

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Lol okay so I've been talking to some ppl on aim now, and I've come to a block on almost every one of them. How does pit get up from the edge safely? I can't think of a safe option. Sure pit is safe on the ledge. You can camp on the ledge. Works vs lots of characters, but there's those that it doesn't work on. Eventually vs a good player you have to get up off the ledge. What are pits best options on returning to the stage?

Edit: xzax If you don't have anything positive to contribute. Please dont. Vex doesnt even use pit anymore after that tournament. I'm tired of hearing about him.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I've had trouble getting off the edge at times, especially if there's a Snake waiting there trying to Utilt you. For Smashville you can wait for the moving platform to come around and then jump on that.

For stages like FD I have no idea what to and usually end up getting knocked back off the stage or onto the ledge again.
Just make sure you don't land so close the the edge with your shield up so that when you get hit you'll be knocked back onto the ledge, it's really annoying.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'll try to help u out when u r on later on. Or you AIM me when you get on and I'll get to you whenever I see the message.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
The best options for me are either auto-canceled ledgehopped nair, fair, or glide under the stage.

These are terrible options against some characters, but fine for most.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yeah, I've had this problem with ZSS in particular. Options for getting back on the stage without taking fair amounts of damage are kind of lacking. I've run into this problem a little with MK, also.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Snake- I use the side of u-air when he is too close to the edge because of the grenades.
When he is a bit distant but you are in range of his f-tilts I jump up from it and space my self on the stage. A Nair from the ledge can punish his extensive shielding.

MK- I try my best to drag him down with u-air. As soon as he start using Dairs, I time an uair in between.

Diddy- Stay aerial, I barely played with jigglypuff to test that theory, and diddy had trouble getting me.
Out camp his bannana's in the air to reduce his attack options.

DDD- is the same as meta to me except with back air.

Falco- He doesn't really edge guard as close, I just shoot him till he uses his reflector and i PS it.

Some where meant to help with the ledge and some for matchups.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Sage your back?

Also xzax, I didn't bash sage i just said that i didnt think the matchup was 8:2 and he might be exaggerating.

Also sage i thought you were good vs snake. If you need anything call me.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm back =D

And if it means anything. Meta pit is 60-40 in metas favor. I thought I was good vs snake too, but I've been losing to snake recently. Kool-aid plays tons of snakes, he should help me :)

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
Lol okay so I've been talking to some ppl on aim now, and I've come to a block on almost every one of them. How does pit get up from the edge safely? I can't think of a safe option. Sure pit is safe on the ledge. You can camp on the ledge. Works vs lots of characters, but there's those that it doesn't work on. Eventually vs a good player you have to get up off the ledge. What are pits best options on returning to the stage?

Edit: xzax If you don't have anything positive to contribute. Please dont. Vex doesnt even use pit anymore after that tournament. I'm tired of hearing about him.
ill help ya tonight sage

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Whoa Sage is back!? Even more reason to peruse the Pit boards again!

When it comes to Pit and the edge there is no "safe" way back on. Mindgames are your best bet. Deciding before getting to the edge based on your opponent's location and mannerisms is what I try to do. The Running Back position in American Football is a great example of this. The Running Back has the advantage against the defenders because he's deciding where the play will go. The defender has to revert to a reactionary defense in order to make contact. A good Running Back however can read the defense and find wholes before the play even starts and as it starts to evolve. Meaning a predetermined move by the Running Back against a reactionary defender can make a distance of one yard between the two into a five yard gap in an instant.

With this in mind, if you're going up against an opponent who can beat Pit's recovery from the edge this isn't a bad tactic in Smash. Then again with Pit ledge stalling is a part of his game. There are plenty of characters that have a better game off the edge then Pit. While Samus isn't a spectacular character her edge game rivals Pit's at the very least and as many of you know I have extensive experience against Samus in particular.

However if you're looking for the "safest" move from the edge? It's probably a well spaced/timed Uair to WoI ledge grab. Catching an opponent in it from off the stage can actually boot them off the stage with you giving you the advantage. Careful against spikers though.

EDIT: Oh and anyone who mocks Sage needs to actually learn the history of the game. Us Pit players have him to thank for Pit even keeping out of the Low Tier bracket.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Exactly what he said. Sage was one of our earliest good Pit players around, and he taught me a bit bout Pit a long time ago. And idk what else to say atm. I'll still help out the best I can.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
well said undr. I guess I can always fly under the stage if the opponent is set up too well. That way it will reset their spacing and give me a window of time to get up.

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
I usually jump up a use an arrow to slow down any people who want to take advantage of my lack of an invincibility frame. I also found that dropping down into an Uair is effective if they don't see it coming. Jumping up an air dodging to land behind my opponent works pretty well.

EDIT: Oh and anyone who mocks Sage needs to actually learn the history of the game. Us Pit players have him to thank for Pit even keeping out of the Low Tier bracket.[/QUOTE said:
I've been trying in my own way to make Pit a character that's taken more seriously. I've seen some of Sagemoon's combo videos and learned a lot from them, so I don't get destroyed. I wasn't aware of how he made Pit not be in a lower tier. So thanks, Sagemoon! ^_^

_Kain_

Smash Champion
This is why the pit community never gets anywhere.
It doesn't get anywhere cause a player is trying to further his metagame and instead u start bashing him for no apparent reason

Esca

Smash Champion
Kool Aid > Vex > Esca > Rogue Pit's corpse > other Pits.

:D
Aww what a nice guy. But to be honest, right now, since I've slowed down alot it's like this. As far as tech skill is concerned, I think Kool Aid and I take the cake.

As far as thinking skill is concerned, Vex and R@vyn are godly.

Holy****, somebody mad at me.
I'm sorry baby I'll take care of it.

I've been trying in my own way to make Pit a character that's taken more seriously. I've seen some of Sagemoon's combo videos and learned a lot from them, so I don't get destroyed. ^_^
This is the most contradicting sentence I've ever seen.

Vex - don't try and even claim to be a good pit when you don't use him in tournament and post vid of you vs scrubs.
Okay, firstly, I don't understand why you think you have the audacity to call out a top player on their character. You're like a ****ing middle school emo kid calling someone else a poser. Get the **** over yourself, firstly. Vex played Pit for a week and advanced the metagame and beat keitaro in tournament. In one week, bro. Vex is a smart player in general and progressed up on the tier list to Pit. He did use him in tournament so IDK where you got your information.

You need to go back to Oregon or wherever it is the hell you came from before you start pointing fingers.

Esca

Smash Champion
Double post because it's worth it.

This is basically what you said. "Xzax, if you dont have anything positive to contribute, please dont. VEX IS A BAD PLAYER THIS IS POSITIVE."

You're very aggravating, like someone said last page. A less emo version of admp.

CO18

Smash Hero
Double post because it's worth it.

This is basically what you said. "Xzax, if you dont have anything positive to contribute, please dont. VEX IS A BAD PLAYER THIS IS POSITIVE."

You're very aggravating, like someone said last page. A less emo version of admp.
Hahaha this made me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom