• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Veteran Revamps

Quillion

Smash Hero
Ground Pound moves are generic as crap. It may perhaps fit on Mario since he has a generic moveset, but Wario's wackiness necessitates something more creative.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Light Arrow is one of Zelda's most used moves, but people applaud how she lost that move entirely.
She used it, what, twice? And one time she was borrowing it from Link. She usually gives it, not use it.

Wario ground pounds in most if not all platformers he's been in. Not sure about Wario Land.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
She used it, what, twice? And one time she was borrowing it from Link. She usually gives it, not use it.

Wario ground pounds in most if not all platformers he's been in. Not sure about Wario Land.
Ground Pound (along with Shoulder Bash) is his signature move in the first Wario Land game. It had similar effects as the ground punch from Warioland Shake It, it generated an earthquake that stunned all the enemies on the screen.
Maybe they could give it this effect to differentiate it from Yoshi and Bowser's ground pound (maybe don't stun the whole screen but only the opponents at a close range who are on land); it would be cool if the stun effect can bypass (not break, just interrupt) shields so it's actually useful (but it may become OP, I'm not sure).

Also the Shoulder Bash could be fancier, with the afterimage and that gameboy sound when it hits someone; but it should be a special move at this point.

I would like if Wario had that move where he grabs a coin and throws it to damage enemies; Maybe he can also spawn a key or a bag of money with more attack power, similar to Peach's turnips.

Some of his transformations from Warioland II onward (vampire, zombie, on-fire, spring, flattened, etc.) would help to give him more personality without removing his crazy feel/look.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Three times: Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Spirit Tracks. This does not count Hyrule Warriors, even though it still helps establish that the Light Arrow is her signature weapon.

Ganon im both pig and Dorf forms used some type of sword three times, yet people demand that Ganondorf gets more sword moves.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Three times: Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Spirit Tracks. This does not count Hyrule Warriors, even though it still helps establish that the Light Arrow is her signature weapon.

Ganon im both pig and Dorf forms used some type of sword three times, yet people demand that Ganondorf gets more sword moves.
Again, one of those was on loan from Link. Light Arrows aren't really her signature anymore than they are Link's.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's some more:
:ultmario:-Side Special is Cappy Throw and Final Smash has him capture the Ruined Dragon.

:ultyoshi:-Egg Roll is Neutral while Egg Throw becomes his Side Special, Yoshi has a tether recovery with his tongue (Egg Roll is like Jigglypuff's but faster and controllable)

:ultkingdedede:-New Side Special is his Hammer Spin and attacks are other moves from Kirby's Hammer Ability (Gordo Toss returns as a custom special)

:ultganondorf:-Gets his CD-I design along with Ganondorf's Deadman Volley and Pig Ganon's trident from Link to the Past

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Here's some more:
:ultmario:-Side Special is Cappy Throw and Final Smash being the T. Rex

:ultyoshi:-Egg Roll is Neutral while Egg Throw becomes his Side Special, Yoshi has a tether recovery with his tongue (Egg Roll is like Jigglypuff's but faster and controllable)

:ultkingdedede:-New Side Special is his Hammer Spin and other moves from Kirby's Hammer Ability (Gordo returns as a custom move)

:ultganondorf:-Gets his CD-I design along with Ganondorf's Deadman Volley and Pig Ganon's trident from Link to the Past
Do you... seriously want CD-I Ganon?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Do you... seriously want CD-I Ganon?
Yup!:grin:
It's even his new design in my Super Smash Bros. Eternity, the 6th game after Ultimate (Imagine the memes...)
"You must die!" "NO! Not into the pit it burns!!!"

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I’ve had this idea in my head for a while: have Mega Evolution be a gauge for the Pokémon who can Mega Evolve that fills up with successive attacking. Like, maybe Mewtwo can Mega Evolve into Mega Mewtwo X using this gauge, and keep Mega Mewtwo Y for its Final Smash.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
I’ve had this idea in my head for a while: have Mega Evolution be a gauge for the Pokémon who can Mega Evolve that fills up with successive attacking. Like, maybe Mewtwo can Mega Evolve into Mega Mewtwo X using this gauge, and keep Mega Mewtwo Y for its Final Smash.
That would be a nice Shield B idea. They could certainly stand to make Shield B a universalized action.

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
i would try to remove some counterattack moves to make characters more unique. There's too many characters with counters.

:ultbowser: Fire Breath is a large fireball. You can have a slow variant on the ground, and a fast variant when shooting diagonally upwards.

:ultmewtwo: Mewtwo thwacks you with a giant spoon straight from Pokemon Adventures. Could replace one to a few aerials/tilts/dash attack with it.

:ultike: Quick Draw is now Urvan which is slightly changed. An axe is used and the move is mostly the same, but the hit will launch you upwards on the ground.

:ultlucario: Aura would be an anti-Rage/comeback mechanic. The more moves you deal that are not staled, the more aura you have. Double Team is now Bone Rush. Lucario summons a energy shaped bone on the ground and uses it as a pole to launch himself kicking forward.

:ultlucina: Counter is Javelin Throw, Great Lords can use Lances which is what Lucina is. She would chuck a projectile in an arc on the ground and throw it downwards in the air.

:ultcorrin::ultcorrinf: You don't really fully control Corrin when they're using the Dragonstone. Counter is replaced with the Dragonstone, it functions like the P-flag and allows to transform into a dragon when uninterrupted.

ThiagoCavalcanteCarvalho

Smash Apprentice
:ultsnake: REVAMPED
Final Smash: The same. But Snake now come in a Metal Gear Rex or Ray.
Side B: Use with a smash attack to use a tranquilizer gun instead a Nikita. After some shoots the enemy sleeps.
Down B: Smash attack and drope a book ... ... ... a game book! Like Nintendo Power or Famitsu. With Smash Ultimate on the first page, Sakurai in the back, and a poster in the magazine. Charaters fall in love with the book if they aprouch too much.
Fulton: If you talt near a sleeping character you'll use fulton.
Snipping: Press B while crownling to shoot with a tranquilizer sniper rifle.
Freazzy !: Talt near a enemy in the ground and you'll hands up him, and steal or take off its itens and smash glow.
Down trown: Increase the chances of the enemy fall sleep, and the time that the enemy will stay on the floor.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Honestly there are a lot of veterans I think should be revamped but not as many i have made full movesets for, but I do have one for luigi

:ultluigi:
Neutral-B: Poltergust
Sucks up the opponents with the poltergust and shoots them upwards
Side-B: Green Missle
his side b may be called the same thing but it is now quite different. Luigi charges up the poltergust and then shoots out a large blast of wind, this then launches him forward, almost looks like a dive but more horizontal, if charged for to long the poltergust explodes in place.
Down-B: Poltergust Slam
he shoots his poltergust into the air creating a mini tornado, if anyone gets caught, luigi will slam them onto the ground behind him then infront of him.
Up-B: Charge Jump
Luigi squats down, charges up and then jumps upward very high
Final Smash: King Boo Attack
King Boo charges foward, anyone hit by him will be sent into a cinematic Final Smash where Luigi runs from King Boo in a hallway while the fighters are unconsious on the floor, as King Boo chases him he traps the other fighters in paintings, after all of the fighters are trapped the final smash ends with all of the paintings exploding

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
:ultsonic:
Here's an incomplete one for Sonic:
Up tilt: Look. Like in the 2D games, Sonic will look up. It looks like his looking up sprite from Sonic Advance. The hand does damage and knockback as he brings it up to his forehead. It's a decent combo tool.
Down tilt: Fire somersault. Sonic rolls forward slowly and at a set distance with fire going around his ball form. It's a very good kill move.
Side B: Fire Shield. Sonic rushes forward in a blaze of fire. It's a fast move, but the endlag is atrocious. Also a kill move.
Neutral air: Insta Shield. Functions like his current nair but this time it actually references something.
Down air: Bounce. After coming down in a ball form onto his enemies, Sonic bounces back up (just like if he didn't hit an enemy). It spikes and is very strong, but if shielded it hardly does any shield damage and the lag is atrocious.
Up air: Like in CD or Mania, Sonic will spin around while flying up, slightly moving him upwards. It doesn't do a lot of damage or knockback but can combo.
Back air: Caliburn. Sonic swings his trusty sword named Caliburn behind him, doing hefty damage and knockback but not being very active (think Mii Swordfighter bair). Occasionally Caliburn will quip when he's brought out, saying things like "you knave!"
Final Smash: Chaos Control
Sonic summons the Chaos Emeralds, becomes Super Sonic, and knocks them into the air, beginning a cutscene. In the cutscene, the fighter is launched onto the face of the Space Colony Ark, which is burning up and hurtling towards Earth. Super Sonic and Super Shadow fly up to the Ark and use a combined Chaos Control, stopping the Ark and doing tons of damage to the fighter. Super Sonic and Super Shadow pose together and face the camera, getting an A rank.

ThiagoCavalcanteCarvalho

Smash Apprentice
:ultshulk:MONADO ART:
Speed: Now you jump up and fall very fast too, besides run very fast.
Jump: Multiple jumps instead of longer jumps.
Shield: You don't flinch. And it is only launched with very strong strikes.

Down B: Maybe you go back in time instead of using a counter, I don't know. I think the counter is a good option.

:ultkirby:Now Copy Ability do copy all Special Moves incluinding the Final Smash.
Final Smash starts like the sword one but using a ladle, and ends like Brawl's original FS in the cauldron.
Use a talt in the air to drop the transformation.

:ultmario:Side Special: Spin Cap, deals damage and reflects on both sides, underneath has an invincible hit box for Mario to bounce off enemies.
Fireball is now faster, does not cause flinch and several can be used at the same time.
FLUID can now be used to increase the distance in the air.

:ultbowser:Neutral B: Fireball
Side B: Throws hammers like Hammer Bros. while side smash B is the current side B.
Up Smash B: The ... vehicle used in SMW by Bowser and Bowser Jr. in Smash.
Tilt down B: Flame thrower like neutral B.

:ultdk:Up Smash B: barrel cannon
Neutral B or Side Tilt B: Classical Barrel Throw.

:ultfalcon:Falcon Punch now is like the Little Mac charging Punch but with auto aim.

:ultsamus:Now you can walk and run while carging the beam.
Add a crowler as a Morph Ball apearence.

:ultsquirtle: You dont need charge the Aqua Jet anymore.

:ultalph:Down B: On the ground you grab Pikmin. Smash to grab Purple and Rock. In the air, call all Pikmin.
Side B: Throw Pikmin, Smash to Throw the Purple and Rock ones.
Grab: Grab a nearby enemy. Attack with A and throw with direction.
Neutral B: I dont know.

:ultdarksamus:Down B: Drop Phanson and make a pool that damage enemy and heals you.
Grab: You enters inside the oponent. Press A to make damage and direction to throw.
The Phanson pool, beams and missels corrupt the foe and can inflict damage.

:ultjigglypuff: Grab attack: Love kiss. Perhaps the enemies will fall in love. Passionate enemies cannot attack Jigglipuff for a while.
Up B: Jigglypuff inflates with jumps and flies like a balloon when it exhales with B up. More jump more air, flight time, speed, lack of control and damage.
Final Smash: Moonblast
Neutral B: Sing

:ultfox:It moves as fast as in the Melee including the jump and fall speed (vertical speed). Side B and Up B become fast again.

:ultfalco:High and floating jump, but with a very fast horizontal speed even in the air. Allowing you to zigzag and fight before you fall. You can drop if you want to go down fast.
Side B and up B: As fast as Fox, but being able to go further and not being able to stop at the edges of the stage.

:ultwolf:Like Fox, but slower and stronger.
Up B: Screw twister moves with the winds pushing on the sides and a spike on the top

:ultduckhunt:Final Smash: Use a Zapper, similar to Snake in Brawl

:ultpacman:Final Smash: Like in Sm4sh but much faster

Last edited:
Top Bottom