• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vertical Height Tier List! Looking for New Techniques!

zeldspazz

Smash Master
If a mod feels that this thread belongs in the general brawl discussion would you please move it.

TECHNIQUE(S) BEING TESTED NOW:
-Yoshi's Rising Aerials/AT
-ROB's robobuster

Ok guys I did this for the luls so don't take it too seriously
Ok I decided since I never saw a thread like this, so see how could get the highest vertical distance from the GROUND. So yes, the first initial jump IS COUNTED. With that said I followed a couple of my own rules to test this.

1) I did not use any advanced techniques that could be used infinently in the air. Therefore, yes, Snake could theoretically stay in the air until he died off the top, I didn't do that because it can be used infinently.

2) In the case of a tie, I would take the the character whose highestest distance I could get with most ease, but I'm proud to say there were NO TIES =) I was very surprised by this too.

3) I'm not going to go into much detail about how I did this. All you need to know is that I used a veyu accurate math and measuring program that my dad showed me on the computer to give me an extremely accurate perecent when using the difference of the highest char to the lowest char height as the base for all the decimals. I'll explain after you see the numbers next to the characters names

4) Remember, this is the Highest Vertical Distance that I could get. I make mistakes, meaning maybe some people in the lower tiers might diserve one spot or 2 up because I didnt reach their "maximum height potential" by like 0.3, but you'll get the idea of where they're around in the tier list

5) THIS IS NOT A VERTICAL RECOVERY TIER LIST. This is just how high the characters can get off the ground.

I think thats it so lets get to the list XD

Over the Moon (A class height)

ROB(15.00+)????? <--------------------Used Robobuster to the best of my ability, but one person or 2 said that he can go that high, while some say its impossible, so may change
Pit (15.0)<------------------------Used Wing Refresh
Wario (14.76)<--------------------Used Bike and Fully charged Waft along with up-b and jumps
Sonic (12.04),---------------------Grounded up-b-->dair-->grounded spring-->doublejump-->up-b
Lucas (11.91)<--------------------Used Zap Jump
King Dedede (11.34)
Metaknight (10.95)
Luigi (10.74)<---------------------Jump-->double jump-->down-b-->up-b = higher than I expected.
Toon Link (10.06)<----------------Used Bomb Jump

Atmosphere Scrapers (B class height)

Fox (9.29)<-----------------------Used Rising f-air-->rising f-air-->up-b
Snake (9.00)<---------------------No c4
Pikachu (8.75)
Sheik (8.63)
Falco (8.49)
Kirby (8.28)
Link (8.21)<-----------------------Used Bomb Jump
Lucario (8.12)

Building Bouncers (C class height)

Ice-climbers (7.98)
Ness (7.83)
Ganondorf (7.79)<------------------Used Super Jump
Diddy Kong (7.67)
Zero Suit Samus (7.59)<------------Used Boost jump to down-b
Marth (7.41)<----------------------Used Dancing Blade after both jumps
Wolf (7.26)
Zelda (7.01)

House Hoppers (D class height)

Charizard (6.60)
Jigglypuff (6.57)
Mr. Game and Watch (6.55)
Samus (6.31)
Captain Failcon (6.23)
Ike (6.17)
Yoshi (6.10)<---------------------AT being tested for him

No Ups (E class height)

Squirtle (6.00)
Bowser (5.84)
DK (5.70)
Mario (5.58)
Peach (5.13)
Ivy (5.04)

LOL (Fail class Height)

Olimar (4.85)

Ok now for the last part: How The Number System Works.

Now, I could go into all this Mathematics about decimals and formulas and percents and **** but I'm going to do this easily. The program used 15 as the base number, making that "how high" Pit went. So, if you draw 15 equivalently spaced intervals going vertically on a paper, at the top would be Pit (I know Pit is no longer at the top, but I don't know exactly how high ROB can go, so I'm using Pit as a benchmark. All you need to know about ROB is that he goes higher XD). Now lets take Zelda's and Shiek's heights. This how you would see how high they went in comparison to Pit.

---------- <========= Pit's height

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------
<============ This is about where Sheik got to in comparison
----------

----------<============ This is about where Zelda got to in comparison

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

So you count how many up from the bottom that the number to the left of the decimal is and then try to find about where in between that and the next one the number to the right is. Sounds confusing but I think you should get it ^^

Well thats it enjoy that list and give me some feedback, comment, or whatever if you'd like

Edit #1 Zero Suit Samus height added
Edit #2 Sonic Height Updated. Thank you djbrowny for the technique.
Edit #3 Lucas's Zap Jump shoots him way up on the list
Edit #4 Retested ZSS and Diddy's Height. Both updated and raised. Thanks you Supermodel From Paris for the ZSS technique.
Edit #5 A Class Section resituated, I had some off measurment. Thanks djbrowny again your big help =)
Edit #6 ROB and Ganondorf both moved up thanks to finally figuring out ROBs robobuster and Ganondorfs Super Jump. Thanks to kingcobra and twilight prince
Edit #7 Marth retested with dancing blades and moved up nicely. Thanks to My Zombie Dog Ate Me (nice name hehe)
Edit #8 Added what AT I used next to what character for people to see before suggesting it
Edit #9 Thanks to Xiivi, Fox is raised slightly on the list due to his rising f-airs

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Probably should be in General Brawl discussion.
But yea, it looks like you took some time into this.

Also, I think you can use a weird controller setup to do Zapjump really easily, but I forgot what it was.

I was actually expecting you to have used a large custom stage in order to measure the heights, you did it in a much more complicated Fasion I think.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Awwwwwwwww man I did forget Zero suit >.<

Oh and can lcuas do his Zap jump infinently?

Browny

Smash Hater
Spring, dair into the ground.
jump back on the spring, at full height, double jump and spring again.

It may go higher than pit which would make things difficult...

and I do believe mach tornado travels highest of all of MK's specials (not including glide downwards, then angle back up)

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Spring, dair into the ground.
jump back on the spring, at full height, double jump and spring again.

It may go higher than pit which would make things difficult...
Oh wow I never though of that I will go try that right away.

It doesn't matter if he goes higher than Pit, there will just be a new highest number, Pit can still be used as the "base number"

A replay of the zap jump would be lovely =)

EDIT: Ok djbrowny I did your technique. It didnt go higher than Pit, but it made Sonic go significantly higher.

EDIT 2: I'm going bowling all afternoon guys, so I hope to see some new strategies, critique, and some good comments thrown in when I get back =)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Zero Suit Samus should be very high on that list if you're using Boost Jumping.

To Boost Jump, jump and then immediately tap Up+B. You can do this twice.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Ok guys I figured out how to Zap Jump with Lucas and I say he went flying XD

Oh I did that but I got higher with her down-b =\ I'll try it again if you'd like

Ah I wasn't doing her Boost twice, I was only doing it on her initial jump. Thank you supermodel

Hence

Smash Ace
Zero Suit Samus has an extrordinarily high full jump. That, combined with something called a "Boost Jump" should easily make her at least B tier in height, likely higher. A boost jump is proformed by pressing Up+B immediately after jumping to gain height.

Edit: OH, HI THERE SFP LOL.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
About ZSS guys, this list isnt saying that she doesnt have a great jump height, because she does, this is with comparison with the rest of the cast, and a lot of the cast can get higher than her =\

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Snake should be infinite, every time he loses his up b he can put a C4 on himself.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Snake should be infinite, every time he loses his up b he can put a C4 on himself.
Now, if you actually read what I wrote before the list I specifically said this:

1) I did not use any advanced techniques that could be used infinently in the air. Therefore, yes, Snake could theoretically stay in the air until he died off the top, I didn't do that because it can be used infinently.
Thank you =)

Hence

Smash Ace
About ZSS guys, this list isnt saying that she doesnt have a great jump height, because she does, this is with comparison with the rest of the cast, and a lot of the cast can get higher than her =\
I honestly believe you're not boost jumping correctly. You must immediately Up+B after jumping. Also, she can Flip Jump (Down+B) off of someone's head and proceed to Boost Jump twice.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
No I'm pretty sure I'm doing it correctly, cus I did notice a bit increase in height. I'm not using another character to help her get height. I did use her down-b after I boost jumped twice.
If you would like me to, I will keep testing it throughout the day and I'll update it if I manage to get anything higher than I already have.

You can test it too if you like =.

UncleSam

Smash Master
about the roboburner for ROB just tap up repeatedly after you start the up+B incase you didnt know zeldspazz

Browny

Smash Hater
OK i tested it coz i didnt believe you...

Sonic goes higher than MK, DDD and Lucas. he falls short of pit and wario by a reasonable distance

remember is grounded spring, mid-air jump, spring again.

you dont need to jump immediately, wait until you reach the max height of the first spring before using the midair jump. same applies when using the second spring after the jump

zeldspazz

Smash Master
OK i tested it coz i didnt believe you...

Sonic goes higher than MK, DDD and Lucas. he falls short of pit and wario by a reasonable distance

remember is grounded spring, mid-air jump, spring again.

you dont need to jump immediately, wait until you reach the max height of the first spring before using the midair jump. same applies when using the second spring after the jump
Oooh I'm sorry i forgot when I wrote down a couple of the heights, I wrote them 1 too high. I'm so stupid =P Your right, sonic is above them. You are a big help sir.

BTW thank you all for all these techniques, I feel liek such a noob for not knowing them so its great to learn some new things today.

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
Did you use bomb jumps for the links
They can grab a bomb and use it to interrupt their upB to do it again

or you should note that this list only applies if the character takes no damage because everyone with bombs could knock them selves of the top.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Did you use bomb jumps for the links
They can grab a bomb and use it to interrupt their upB to do it again

or you should note that this list only applies if the character takes no damage because everyone with bombs could knock them selves of the top.
Atmosphere Scrapers (B class height)

Snake (9.00)
Pikachu (8.75)
Sheik (8.63)
Fox (8.52)
Falco (8.49)
Kirby (8.28)
Link (8.21)****<------------------This will shock a lot of you
Lucario (8.12)

*** I used Toon Link's Bomb Jump, so that's why he is so high

**** See Toon Link
Don't people read?? Sorry but it kinda annoys me when your answer is in the OP

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
as uncle sam mentioned robobuster is a very simple rob tech where you simply repeatedly tap the b button during his up b booster and it considerably helps if you did this then pass me off but if you didn't it might raise ROB a bit

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Yup I just tested that and he rose a couple spaces ^_^

Guys I'm going bowling for the afternoon, so please post new techniques and stuff to try while I'm gone!

TP

Smash Master
The Ganon Super Jump followed by his Up B should put Ganon somewhere in C class.

:034:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Ok this is all wrong. ROB even beats Pit. He should be at the very top if Pit's at the top. Nice fail tier list. You need to use the megaburner. Please don't use AT's for just certain characters.

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
look back a post or two and you will see i brought this up, if i told them how to do it wrong then correct me but otherwise apparently it doesn't go as far as some people, i think i might test because he should be first but the dude claims no so much.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
My bad. But I tested it and it went like an extra second and a half past Pit and much further.

Scipion121212

Smash Apprentice
This shall bring jigglypuff to the top:
1) Hold shield.
2) Wait until it breaks.
3) Make biggest custom map possible to see how high she flew (Maybe this should be number 1?)
:)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Gliding shouldn't be included as everyone who glides would be at the top because it allows for infinite height gain. The levels restrict that gain, but it should not be counted.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Um I only did ATs that I knew about, so I'm sorry for making a "fail tier list" I did this for fun, and I thought I'd share my results, and hope you'd kindly critique me and give me new methods and techniques to try. So, it would be nice if people didnt critique me so rudely and help me understand new ATs. I will try Ganons super jump and I'll try ROBs robobuster again.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
We weren't being rude. I understand you did it "4dalulz" but if you're going to post it in a place where it'd be taken seriously, have accuracy to it.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
We weren't being rude. I understand you did it "4dalulz" but if you're going to post it in a place where it'd be taken seriously, have accuracy to it.
Ok, tried to be as accurate as possible, but I dont learn ATs for people I dont main so I didnt know things like robobuster or ganons super jump, so to you guys it was inaccurate, but to me it felt good :laugh: Oh, and I still cant get ROB above Pit, but I got him to 3rd place =\ so move forward a bit more

Top Bottom