• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Version 1.0.3 is out!!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's downloading really slowly for me, jeez what's in it anyway? I'm a bit surprised since I saw a patch note shortly before it started and it was very short.

That's a whole lotta "stability".
>notices your location

Considering how I'm having the same problem, it's likely an Irish problem. :(

I have had my 3DS plugged in on charge right beside my router for what must be nearly an hour now, and it's only at 25% now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If the download isn't working, you can always wait until you put your 3DS to sleep. The download will resume while in stand-by mode.

DeiSakuChris

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if I should take this update this seriously.

I'm wondering about taking a piece of paper and writing two columns (One with 1.02 and one with 1.03) and noting everything about every Megaman moves (damages, knockback, lag etc.) in the two version to see the difference.

But at the same time I feel that I'm taking this too seriously and it will be a waste of time, and there's also the "I feel better but I didn't take a medicament but a sugar" effect.

rhysmorgan

Smash Rookie
NNID
rhysm94
For all we know there could have been no changes to the characters whatsoever.

'Balance changes to make the game more enjoyable' could just be something we'd never realistically notice like a 1.5% spawn rate reduction for Mr Saturn, considering this is Sakurai we're talking about.
I honestly think it's gonna be Smash Bros's equivalent of Valve's "Updated the localisation files."

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Nintendo doesn't do "patch notes" because they are Nintendo and have to be secretive about everything least we question their Nintendo-ness

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Someone on a different forum reported having problems accessing Challenges after getting the new patch. Is this true?

Edit: Checked for myself, and I can still access Challenges.

Last edited:

Hugo154

Smash Rookie
I experienced a glitch a few times before 1.0.3 where when you went online, then pressed B to cancel while it was connecting, it would just stay on the loading screen forever and never exit to the main menu. Tried it now after the patch and it exits immediately, so it seems that they fixed that.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
>notices your location

Considering how I'm having the same problem, it's likely an Irish problem. :(

I have had my 3DS plugged in on charge right beside my router for what must be nearly an hour now, and it's only at 25% now.
Downloaded absolutely fine on my terrible 0.6 Mbps 3 mobile tether, took no more than 10 minutes.

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
I don't know if I'm seeing things, but is Marth's range increased with this update?
I had a seriously hard time hitting with tippers upon release, but now I can consistently do it again. I think it's increased, but maybe it's the placebo effect. Still... it seems increased to me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well the download must have sped up to what it should have been somewhere along the way, because it's suddenly finished.

Time to start toying around myself.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Someone test the Down B landing lag cancel with Link / Toon Link / Peach.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159

N-TG

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2895-6748-7989
I just wish for some online stability and fixing the connection issues. I still haven't been able to enjoy online. Only spectate.

Hugo154

Smash Rookie
I just wish for some online stability and fixing the connection issues. I still haven't been able to enjoy online. Only spectate.
Every time I've played For Fun up to now before the patch, I've had horrible lag issues. I just played one game a few minutes ago for the hell of it and there was no lag. Hopefully this wasn't a coincidence.

MattTheGameFreak

Smash Apprentice
I don't recall it being so prevalent before, but Ike has super-armor on his forward-smash now? o.O Sheik has hit me when I've used my forward smash, but I did not flinch, and she went flying...

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Nice. I am really hoping Rosaluma were nerfed as some people are saying in some other site :)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Thanks Sakurai, like the Smash fanbase needed something else to overexamine and generally act crazy over.

I'm just going to assume there were no changes until we get video proof.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
The best way to find out about patch changes is to look at your replays and see if they de-sync or not.
I have like no replays saved, but someone do this. If you have a replay that desyncs, you know one of the characters in the replay was saved. Replays are strings of inputs, so once something behaves a little differently you'll see the characters start attacking the air, SDing, etc.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
So has the Pikmin AI been improved? I'm testing Olimar and I'm not noticing any Pikmin running away and killing themselves.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
I'm kind of hoping this is true. ZSS needed some nerfs and landing Ness' Dair sometimes is a little difficult, so that's good news for me. Granted, if this is even correct of course.

Glad I'm not the only one who had trouble with that Dair.

Some one said that Meta-Knight's hit-boxes were fixed, can some one confirm this?

Also, holy ****, I really was not expecting actual balance changes in patches, just bug fixes. This is shaping up to be a really stellar Nintendo experience.

Nice. I am really hoping Rosaluma were nerfed as some people are saying in some other site :)
If they did that, they may have gotten a good bit closer to a perfectly balanced game...

Einyuri

Smash Cadet
I am going to be sticking to the boards while I try out Palutena. So far she seems a little bit faster but this could just be me.

Edit: I've tried Zelda also and she seems exactly the same as she was pre-patch and I've clocked in prob. over 300+ matches with her. I'll be trying Lucina and Palutena over the course of the day and see if I can find anything in regards to those two.

Last edited:

Darkzephr

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4012-4533-2435
This is ridiculous. Nintendo clearly has accepted that people want to play this game competitively, but no other game does balance patches without specifying changes. I've got no idea if the chain grab I practiced for hours still works, If my kill percentages that I've been studying are applicable, or even if there was a huge change to the overall mechanics. Even casual games like Hearthstone give detailed patch reports. This is really frustrating.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I have like no replays saved, but someone do this. If you have a replay that desyncs, you know one of the characters in the replay was saved. Replays are strings of inputs, so once something behaves a little differently you'll see the characters start attacking the air, SDing, etc.
I've checked lots of my replays involving Marth, Robin, and Ness, and they all still work, so it seems to me that nothing was changed about those three at least. Somehow I don't see them changing Marth's range significantly without also changing Lucina's, and hers definitely hasn't increased (she still can't hit characters on the Battlefield platforms from the ground with jab/f-smash, which Marth can).

Last edited:

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I've checked lots of my replays involving Marth, Robin, and Ness, and they all still work, so it seems to me that nothing was changed about those three at least. Somehow I don't see them changing Marth's range significantly without also changing Lucina's, and hers definitely hasn't increased.
Thanks for the info.

Dr. Snakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueDaBeast
3DS FC
4511-1428-9509
I'm not seeing the Meta-Knight Hitbox fixes. They still don't match the animation. The same for Marth. Apparently, he's had a slight range increase, but he acts the same to me. FSmash still doesn't match the animation at the very tip toward the end.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just did some matches as Rosalina, and went to Training Mode too. Seems identical to before.

Don't know about that bug involving DHD's clay pigeon, though.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Yeah the replays thing is exactly why I don't know how serious they're going to be about bugfixing, just cause of how replays work. I feel like it's all in our heads. Prove me wrong though! (Any Doc buffs would be appreciated)

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
That 4chan set looks pretty straight-forward to test. Some one with both patches should go ahead and try his Fsmash, and see if the post has any credibility.

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
just beat my own smash run high score, but I hardly think it´s because of the update.

Last edited:
Top Bottom