• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Velocity's Smashfest

Velocity

Smash Lord
1: Cactuar ($45.00)
2: Eggm ($22.50)
3: Nando ($7.50)
4: Velocity
5: Dj
6: Palpi
7: Ultiama Scout
8: rkim
9: sneakydave
9: Bones
9: Weegee
9: Metal Reaper
13: Zodiac
13: Shuffla
13: Mystery player
13: Distortion

Mystery Player was a Bye because I didn't know if someone else was going to enter.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Good stuff guys! Sorry I missed it :(, had some course related stuff to take care of. I'll def try to make the next one.

Can you post the bracket image to use for the elo ratings?

Palpi

Smash Hero
Well, he went mostly marth through bracket I think.

1: Cactuar ($45.00) - Green shirt = good player
2: Eggm ($22.50) - Teach me how to OoS! Good stuff, fun friendly we did ;)
3: Nando ($7.50) - Wish I was a little more competitive with you this time around, its my best match up, but it seemed like you stepped your game up, fun playing with you, its always entertaining :)
4: Velocity - Thanks for hosting man, it turned out really cool. You have a nice pad, hope to see some more!
5: Dj - Tight tie breaker, a shame I kept ****ing up, wish we both could've been playing at the top of our game, good ****.
6: Palpi - Get more techincally consistant...NERD!
7: Ultiama Scout - Last time we played was in brawl like 2.5 years ago, its refreshing to play melee instead of that awful game haha.
8: rkim - fun friendlies
9: sneakydave - fun friendlies
9: Bones - I was kind of pissed I lost our set because my tech skill was bad, but I shouldn't have been, you're really good and really technical, I just need to improve, really close games man.
9: Weegee - ?
9: Metal Reaper - It sucks we had to meet in bracket, but it had to happen I suppose -.-' We need to play more, I need to improve at the marth match up and we need more doubles practice!
13: Zodiac - fun friendlies man, keep playing!
13: Shuffla - who were you again?
13: Mystery player - what?
13: Distortion - DAT REVERSE BAIR WITH PEACH IS COMING FOR YOU!! :)

Kurt - You are such a ****ing peach player, nice seeing you again, come over my house anytime next week man. (same goes to bobby) my folks are gone ;)
Peter (hipponox) - team ****s for ****ing life
Citizen Snips - Keep improving, team ****s will be a force to be reckoned with, you got a lot better fast.

Fun tourney, hopefully I can get to more ;)

CITIZENNNN SNIIIIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
First set of GF was my fox vs eggms fox/falco. Eggms falco was raaaaping my fox inthe second set, so I went jiggs. 5th match of the second set, eggm switched to yoshi, and we had an epic showdown between pokemans and marioride.

:phone:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
First set of GF was my fox vs eggms fox/falco. Eggms falco was raaaaping my fox inthe second set, so I went jiggs. 5th match of the second set, eggm switched to yoshi, and we had an epic showdown between pokemans and marioride.

Lol wtf at that last match.

Btw I got Melee at my tourney in 2 weeks. Check the sig.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
1: Cactuar ($45.00) -- Hi, I'm UltimaScout
2: Eggm ($22.50) -- Stop waveshining, you homo.
3: Nando ($7.50) -- We only played 2 friendlies. And yes you're right, the LEGENDARY Link.
4: Velocity -- Fun times and close matches as usual. I'll play more legit chars next time.
5: Dj -- Darn you and your MDVAness
6: Palpi -- Sorry, next time we'll have a real set.
7: Ultima Scout -- You should probably just play 1 character... eff it, pick up 3 more.
8: rkim -- Good games man, don't underestimate the power of the Link :p
9: Bones -- Good to see you again, stop ledge hop double lasering! :p
9: Weegee -- I wasn't quite sure what to expect on rainbow cruise, I really wanted to wave shine you on the boat -- but then I remembered I can't wave shine haha.
9: Metal Reaper -- So... are you satisfied with my Link yet? You need more?

To others I played in friendlies GG's -- there was a bigger turnout at the event than actually entered so, I forgot everyones name. I didn't get home til like 3am. :D

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Had A lot of fun here. You should def host more of these, Velocity =D
GG's to Zodiac, Bones, No Cash, Metal Reaper, Nando, and others for the friendlies. Really helped out my fox.
Also, You *****s really are beat for eatin up TWO of my boxes of whoppers, not saving me ONE PIECE, and throwing out my sandwich =P

Bones0

Smash Legend
Had A lot of fun here. You should def host more of these, Velocity =D
GG's to Zodiac, Bones, No Cash, Metal Reaper, Nando, and others for the friendlies. Really helped out my fox.
Also, You *****s really are beat for eatin up TWO of my boxes of whoppers, not saving me ONE PIECE, and throwing out my sandwich =P
Your spacies are MAD intimidating. Not sure how I could have helped your Fox. lol I have never spammed so many spotdodges and rolls out of pure terror. :c

You shouldn't feel like you have to go Fox vs. Marth, though. As the official Marth slayer, I must say that Falco vs. Marth is really fun once you get good at it. You just have to learn to not fall for their gimmicks that result stupid stock losses. When I get on your level in a year or so I will give you some pointers. XD

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Shuffla was the tall black guy who's facial hair made him look like his woman left him several weeks ago.

GGs to everyone.

Special shoutouts to Palpi's reverse Bair, and StriCNYN3's House of Pain.

I learned a great deal at this tournament, and I appreciate all the advice I was given. Especially from Metal Reaper.

Well, I'm going to go practice now.

Until next time, gentlemen.

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Your spacies are MAD intimidating. Not sure how I could have helped your Fox. lol I have never spammed so many spotdodges and rolls out of pure terror. :c

You shouldn't feel like you have to go Fox vs. Marth, though. As the official Marth slayer, I must say that Falco vs. Marth is really fun once you get good at it. You just have to learn to not fall for their gimmicks that result stupid stock losses. When I get on your level in a year or so I will give you some pointers. XD
Idk, no matter what I do, i just get caught in the gheyest gimps imaginable, all the advice isn't working and I'm practically losing to every person who uses Marth now. I can't stress enough how much I seriously hate that match with Falco lol. Using Fox on the other hand is 10x easier. But yea next time we play, please tell me what you do against him =D

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
lol yeah it's a fun match up, but it's always gonna be hard as ****ing ****

definitely in marth's favor

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah I wouldn't say definitely either. It's absolutely in marth's favor.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
falcos around the world feel my pain

the easiest to come by and lamest gimps in the game and on the planet exist in that match up

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
lol how hard is it for any Marth to grab from miles away, spam Fsmashes and gimp a Falco at respawn?

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'm glad you added in general, because I don't see any low level falcos get really good any time quickly, meanwhile I see newbies flock to marth and all of a sudden have a grasp on the game.

Niko45

Smash Master
Stric just play me for an hour next tournament. Personally I think fighting Falco is harder than Fox. Plus I think Falco has way harder matchups to worry about in the game than Marth, not that I really know a ton about Falco tho. If gimps are the problem then that's honestly an easier fix than you think. Not getting gimped can take you from getting 3 stocked to winning consistently. Your results are just really skewed badly because you probably don't have enough matchup experience.

Max?

Smash Champion
Falco has a technically barrier that when passed makes him way more practical to win with than Marth at pretty much any level of gameplay besides "Complete Scrub"

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
"Marth is rewarded for playing with intelligence."

"Falco is rewarded for pressing buttons."

"Marth is not rewarded for pressing buttons."

"Falco is rewarded for playing with intelligence."

Sounds to me like Falco wins.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Cactuar, you can't be serious. I can just grab from anywhere on the stage, through lasers and un-CC'able moves, and spam unpunishable fsmashes as marth and **** any level falco.

LLDL

Smash Hero
When was the last time any of you lost to a falco that wasn't high caliber in skill?

Max?

Smash Champion
High Caliber in skill is subjective, since even bad Falcos can beat good players because of how fake he is.

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Idk about mm'ing, since i'm like already broke, but yea i'll use my sorry *** Marth against Otg's Falco in friendlies.
Also, Cactuar's clearly loosing his mind. =P

Eggm

Smash Hero
Falco vs marth is in falco's favor as is fox in fox vs marth. I would say falco vs marth is 60-40 and fox vs marth 55-45.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Uhhh Marth v Falco is 85-15 In favor of Marth, and Marth v Fox is 60-40 in favor of Marth. Come on guys this is common knowledge...

Max?

Smash Champion
You guys should MM otg's Falco with Marth. His bird is pretty good.

Idk about mm'ing, since i'm like already broke, but yea i'll use my sorry *** Marth against Otg's Falco in friendlies.
Also, Cactuar's clearly loosing his mind. =P
These friendlies will absolutely prove once and for all that Falco >>> Marth. Bring that scrubby as Marth Stric.

Uhhh Marth v Falco is 85-15 In favor of Marth, and Marth v Fox is 60-40 in favor of Marth. Come on guys this is common knowledge...
Ill agree that marth vs falco is a matchup.

This is a great thread.

Top Bottom