• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Valdens Gameclucks vids - vs Chip and Jem

Valdens

Smash Ace
Jem videos will be up later, Chip are up for now. Stay tuned, I absolutely ***** Jem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql6oZzpQudw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npu41zocF8g

Whatchoo think

I've never been able to beat Chip before, he would always **** my GnW, so I stopped using GnW against him for a long time to clear myself of all the bad habits I had in that matchup and managed to overcome it :)

EDIT:

vids vs Jem up, man these are good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpKyURp6V2c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vl9kfEtFdU

cutter

Smash Champion
Good **** Valdens! Toon Link has always been a pain for me to fight as G&W. I just like playing Meta Knight instead against TL because it's a lot easier to get inside his wall of projectiles and give him problems.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good stuff :p. Maybe chip will start to see how even this match-up is now haha.

I would comment on the matches, but I already told you everything on aim :).

Keep it up.

Ashtten

Smash Journeyman
Wowwwww Chip was playing so utterly terrible

He told me he was playing really jittery and was approaching and said he was approaching Gameandwatch with Toon Link, is that even possible?. I also like the fact how when you finally beat him on his off day that you go bragging everywhere I see saying "I beat Chip and won the tournament" and what not.

Gee Valden =/
He never did that once to you did he? He's like 10-0 with you or something right?

Valdens

Smash Ace
Chip, I know that's you >_>

I'm not allowed to be happy about my one win against you and that I won my only Gameclucks? I'm not going around bragging or anything dude, I'm posting the videos on here because they're probably some of the best playing I've ever done and I'm proud of myself. I've been being as modest as possible about everything, I understand it's gotta be annoying that the one time you were supposed to win that this happens but I'm sorry man

At least take it a little more graciously dude, god knows I always have :|

Valdens

Smash Ace
Well, based off of his typing style and general diction I infer it was Chip, not the first time I'd be wrong about that type of thing though.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
First off, good job V on your victory.

Toon link is one of my trouble matches that I can't seem to figure out how to win. I was hoping to learn something from your games with Chip, but I didn't see anything that applied. The TL was playing the G&W vs. TL matchup wrong and kept losing stocks when he shouldn't have. I'm not saying this victory doesn't count on your part nor am I saying Chip is a scrub TL.
After playing both Santi and Jerm, I see the real problem G&W has against TL. It's just retardedly hard to kill TL because you can't use smashes. TL's zair spam easily stops all your attempts to land a smash attack.

Secondly, the MK matches didn't impress me very much. He didn't know how to approach the G&W vs. MK matchup and kept making stupid mistakes that cost him stocks. Good job punishing him with uair / UpB. I like.
I wish the MKs in TX weren't so rough on me =(

Valdens

Smash Ace
Well, one of the things I set out to do in this matchup is to get a small percent lead and just go wait. TL's projectiles are very easy to avoid being hit by if you're just sitting there, not approaching, which if you keep from getting hit tends to force him to approach. That DEFINITELY helped me a lot in this matchup.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Hmm. I agree that waiting after a percent lead is key. Though I don't agree that his projectiles are "easy" to avoid. I think a good TL player will be able to mix it up and get that percent lead back. Though I'm not certain. I'm quite inexperienced in this area.

I tried dodging projectiles from the TL I played at the last tournament, it worked for some time but he eventually got a hit through.

Valdens

Smash Ace
A combination of sheilding, up-b invincibility usage and airdodging should let you be able to dodge the majority of them, but even if not, a 20% lead or so should let you take a few hits anyways

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Dtilt works really really really well against TL. You want to be dealing most of your damage in the air or off the stage where he can't bait you with projectiles, and Dtilt is a great move to gain positional advantage with.

You have to be meaningful with your movements in this match-up. Constatly try to gain position on him and keep him in the air or off the edge. Camping works sort of well as well if you have a lead, but it's not as effective I think.

You need to do things like paying attention for the airdodge from TL because they almost always zair afterwards. If they don't have a bomb then I like to just jump at their AD with my own AD and watch the zair miss, then jab on landing and react from there. If they have a bomb and SHAD I like to full hop AD so that I rise through the zair, and can avoid most stuff on landing and punish with falling nair.

This match-up is just so full of small situational things that you have to learn that it's REALLY hard to give advice or describe the match-up in general. Just got to learn those small paterns the TL's have and how to keep them off the ground.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
DAAAAAAAAAAAM! That was GOOOOOOD!

I dunno what else to say cause really you've become AMAZING.

cemo

white walker
Is Toon Link really that hard to edgeguard? I don't know the matchup very well but it makes me sad not seeing much off stage shenanigans. ):

Valdens

Smash Ace
AZ2, you really think so?

That means a lot, thanks =)

I'm rarely ever notably commented on my skill, haha

and Phen, I dunno, I probably could have done more, but I was also playing just REALLY patiently and carefully and didn't want to risk random dair-death garbage from a wrong flick of the thumb, I was shaking pretty hardly lol

Top Bottom