• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
So says 90% of the community.

So is 90% of the community unable to host it.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Oh another surprise everybody.

I might not make it to the tourney again.

I swear that announcing I'm going to a tourney is like a voodoo hex. Something WILL happen that will prevent me from going to the tourney.
So now I'm figuring out how to work around this and still be able to make it to the tourney.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Smash 64 actually has the smallest gap from bottom tier to top tier, Link and Pikachu (Anonano's mains :p), respectively. But it helps that it only has 12 characters.
And I thought you wanted to learn to play Melee?
I think he means that as in how Minato, lanky, and himself all have Link as one of their mains.
Oh I do want to learn how to play it.....it is still unbalanced at the top though. I feel Brawl is the least advanced out of all the games and wasn't really made with the intentions of it being a tournament style game.......but it is the most balanced game that we have seen in the series so far.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Oh I do want to learn how to play it.....it is still unbalanced at the top though. I feel Brawl is the least advanced out of all the games and wasn't really made with the intentions of it being a tournament style game.......but it is the most balanced game that we have seen in the series so far.
Marsulas no. Just no.
Brawl is the most unbalanced kthx.

Brawl has more unbalanced **** than melee does.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Marsulas no. Just no.
Brawl is the most unbalanced kthx.

Brawl has more unbalanced **** than melee does.
Haha, agreed. There are quite a bit of characters that can actually contend with the top tiers in Melee.
In Brawl, no one can really touch MK.

But Smash wasn't supposed to be a huge competitive game in the first place. So they all do a pretty bad job in balancing.
Well... 64 is pretty balanced. Just don't get hit.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm barking up the wrong tree if i'm about to start a Melee vs. Brawl debate:). It will only end badly for me so i'll stop.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Haha, agreed. There are quite a bit of characters that can actually contend with the top tiers in Melee.

But Smash wasn't supposed to be a huge competitive game in the first place. So they all do a pretty bad job in balancing.
Brawl without MK is really balanced actually. :D

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Tell that to all the Link and Ganon mains. :p
It helps, but the game still suffers from serious issues.

Eyada

Smash Apprentice
Since you're all on the topic anyway, I'll just shamelessly plug this:

The Balanced Brawl team is launching their first official Standard Release tomorrow. What's more, it will be playable on unhacked Wii's.

Thinkaman was kind enough to post some of the accompanying video promotion early: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8187622.

Many improvements have been made since the first beta release and the Genesis edition; if you were displeased with an earlier release for any reason, perhaps the final release will be more to your liking.

Is anyone in Utah interested in trying this out? I would gladly burn some money on a regular Brawl tourney so long as there was also some BBrawl there.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I will play it

just finished watching that video.
Oh god that actually looks really good.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Dude, I soooo wish I still had my Brawl disk. BBrawl has been an interesting topic to me since it came out, and I would so totally participate in any BBrawl event.

You should hold a BBrawl smashfest or tourney, I'd totally come :O

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Wow, that looked awesome. Ganon looks a bit overpowered. But, it looks like fun! :D

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm still not sold on the idea of BBrawl. Especially since I never enjoyed Brawl itself.
Oh well, if some people really want to see Brawl this way, then they can do whatever they want.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Apparently I have no Brawl disk, but two Melee disks (One I meant to give as a present several years ago, only they already had Melee :p).

So I'm going to sell the second one on Ebay.

___X___

Smash Lord
hey my good friend works at VERSUS gaming and he said he can most likely hook us up with the venue! so i might even host an OOS tourny i dont know but ill keep you guys posted,

oh and and and..............

You would not believe your eyes
If ten million fireflies
Lit up the world as I fell asleep
Cuz they fill the open air
And leave teardrops everywhere
You think me rude, but I would just stand and stare

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
Cuz everything is never as it seems

Cuz I get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs
As they try to teach me how to dance
A foxtrot above my head
A sockhop beneath my bed
The disco ball is just hanging by a thread (thread, thread)

Cuz everything is never as it seems (when I fall asleep)

Leave my door open just a crack
(Please take me away from here)
Cuz I feel like such an insomniac
Why do I tire of counting sheep?
When I'm far to tired to fall asleep

To ten million fireflies
I'm weird cuz I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell (said farewell)
But I know where several are
If my dreams get real bizarre
Cuz I saved a few and I keep 'em in a jar

Because my dreams are bursting at the seams

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt

i hate how ppl john about mk :/ hes good... but not THAT good

Brawl without MK is really balanced actually. :D
:/ brawl has mk how wud even know how a mk-less metagame wud have advanced? ppl wud probably be like omg snake is untouchable :o

Since you're all on the topic anyway, I'll just shamelessly plug this:

The Balanced Brawl team is launching their first official Standard Release tomorrow. What's more, it will be playable on unhacked Wii's.

Thinkaman was kind enough to post some of the accompanying video promotion early: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8187622.

Many improvements have been made since the first beta release and the Genesis edition; if you were displeased with an earlier release for any reason, perhaps the final release will be more to your liking.

Is anyone in Utah interested in trying this out? I would gladly burn some money on a regular Brawl tourney so long as there was also some BBrawl there.
balanced brawl is fail, brawl+ is way more balanced than that crappy substitute :/

and sinz... clean that white cream off the back of ur pants <.<

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
:/ brawl has mk how wud even know how a mk-less metagame wud have advanced? ppl wud probably be like omg snake is untouchable :o
You sir are wrong. In the first two months of brawl people thought that Snake was untouchable, however they figured that he has some pretty bad match ups. He has legitimate counters. Snake gets harder match ups because of MK being gone. More Olimars, ROB's(though I think this is completely even. If not in snakes favor), D3's, Diddy's(if you think Dekar hasn't advanced your ********.),Wario's, Falco's, and other characters become more viable without MK. IC's become less viable because of ROB becoming good again. Lets face it, with MK, why on earth would you choose ROB, who almost auto loses to MK? Marth also becomes more viable, I have seen pretty amazing Marths(this is still in Snakes favor because of better stage control. But if Marth gets one good gimp, it changes)

Also, if you think Snake is untouchable, you are a bad player sir. You just need to learn the match up and it becomes tremendously easier. Unlike the MK vs anyone match up. It is still ridiculous how much you can out play the MK and still lose by a large margin.

Eyada

Smash Apprentice
balanced brawl is fail, brawl+ is way more balanced than that crappy substitute :/
Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl aren't really comparable, given that they serve totally different purposes.

Brawl+ is essentially an entirely new game that is intended to completely replace Brawl. Brawl+ is built on the proposition that regular Brawl fundamentally sucks and isn't worth playing, at all. Basically, Brawl+ provides a new game that is an acceptable alternative to a "bad game".

Balanced Brawl is not a new game; it's really more of an unofficial balance patch. Balanced Brawl is based on the idea that Brawl is a good game that is worth playing, but it has a few balance issues that detract from an otherwise excellent game. BBrawl fixes the balance problems while changing as little as possible; it is, for all intents and purposes, simply a slightly improved version of Brawl. It takes Brawl and makes it better without fundamentally changing anything about the game.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl aren't really comparable, given that they serve totally different purposes.

Brawl+ is essentially an entirely new game that is intended to completely replace Brawl. Brawl+ is built on the proposition that regular Brawl fundamentally sucks and isn't worth playing, at all. Basically, Brawl+ provides a new game that is an acceptable alternative to a "bad game".

Balanced Brawl is not a new game; it's really more of an unofficial balance patch. Balanced Brawl is based on the idea that Brawl is a good game that is worth playing, but it has a few balance issues that detract from an otherwise excellent game. BBrawl fixes the balance problems while changing as little as possible; it is, for all intents and purposes, simply a slightly improved version of Brawl. It takes Brawl and makes it better without fundamentally changing anything about the game.
Only thing I disagree with is the idea that Brawl+ is designed to be a completely new game.

It is the new and improved Melee.

Oh, one other thing is the fact that you just compared the two. :p

Cool X, I'm looking forward to learning more! :D

slave1

Smash Lord
why are people like. "we pick sucky days for smash events. LOL"

jk but seriously.

does any one want to hold a smash fest thursday. i have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING going on that day. so it would be perfect...

suck i just realized school starts that week for most people doesn't it. f word

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I might be able to make it that day. If Kenny loves me enough.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Only thing I disagree with is the idea that Brawl+ is designed to be a completely new game.

It is the new and improved Melee.
I wouldn't even say it's the new and improved Melee. It's just a new Smash game almost by using Brawl's paint and coating.
Brawl+ is just using everything from each Smash game. The only ideas that were taken from Melee were character ideas on how they could play in Brawl+. Nothing like WD or L Cancelling made it in (despite there being auto L Cancelling).

EDIT: Just came back from a Melee tourney. Didn't do as well as I had hoped. I'll get better though... eventually.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Whoever doesn't think MK is untouchable should MM me for $20 whenever we're both in the same area :)

my MK v whoever you use (scrub)

Btw, MK's been banned here in NM for months, and our metagame seems pretty **** healthy.

Diddy, Snake, ICs, Luigi, ROB, DK, or Wolf mains are typical people to place at tourneys.

Oh god Everett it's going to be hilarious when you dominate UT.

Ken_neth- MM my CF v your Snake? :D

-Mars-

Smash Hero
**** I wanna play Sinz pretty bad.........you guys better host a tournament over christmas break or something.......I wanna experience this for myself.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I wouldn't even say it's the new and improved Melee. It's just a new Smash game almost by using Brawl's paint and coating.
Brawl+ is just using everything from each Smash game. The only ideas that were taken from Melee were character ideas on how they could play in Brawl+. Nothing like WD or L Cancelling made it in (despite there being auto L Cancelling).

EDIT: Just came back from a Melee tourney. Didn't do as well as I had hoped. I'll get better though... eventually.
It did however revert back to nonsweetspotting, no extra frames on sword/tippers/electric attacks, longer run startup animations for dash dancing, and a few other Melee-ish characteristics.
Admittedly 64 had some of these characteristics as well.

On an unrelated note: Hey look, its that ****** diddy main again.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It did however revert back to nonsweetspotting, no extra frames on sword/tippers/electric attacks, longer run startup animations for dash dancing, and a few other Melee-ish characteristics.
Admittedly 64 had some of these characteristics as well.
Exactly my point. All I'm saying is anything that was Melee related hardly makes it the New Melee or Melee 2.0.
The game uses characteristics from every Smash game and does a pretty good job at it. Now if the game utilized WDing, then I could definitely see your point.

And I'm guessing this week, Sinz gets to show off his Brawl skills.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Exactly my point. All I'm saying is anything that was Melee related hardly makes it the New Melee or Melee 2.0.
The game uses characteristics from every Smash game and does a pretty good job at it. Now if the game utilized WDing, then I could definitely see your point.

And I'm guessing this week, Sinz gets to show off his Brawl skills.
Guess you're right. :p

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Whoever doesn't think MK is untouchable should MM me for $20 whenever we're both in the same area :)

my MK v whoever you use (scrub)

Btw, MK's been banned here in NM for months, and our metagame seems pretty **** healthy.

Diddy, Snake, ICs, Luigi, ROB, DK, or Wolf mains are typical people to place at tourneys.

Oh god Everett it's going to be hilarious when you dominate UT.

Ken_neth- MM my CF v your Snake? :D
I'll MM your MK. I won't lose.

I'll also take on your falcon. I have falcon experience ;)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
FYI, the start-up animation for the dash is the same. It's just the window that lets you dash in the opposite directly exists for the entire dash animation, and not just within a couple of frames.
I wasn't sure what to call it, so "start up" sounded closest.

Dekar173

Justice Man
You all have pretty big mouths for being too scared to travel oos ;)

On a more serious note, I'm not being cocky or anything when I tell you guys I'm better than you. I just being a ****talker trying to get you guys to actually go to a tournament one of these days, in hopes of getting to meet Utah for once ;)

That, and I'm a lot better than you :D Seriously, if that set between you and Dark Ryu, Ken_neth, wasn't from ages ago, you're in for a world of pain when Sinz gets there lol.

(my CF beat Dookdigity's Snake, who is better than you =O)

So, how many of you want to go to the AZ tourney on the 19th and get roflstomped by myself and other NM residents? Forward posted the link but not one of you reacted, which one can only assume is because you don't want to go out of state and get anally penetrated :O

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
FYI, the top Brawl players of Utah have traveled out of state for a tournament at least 3 times this year, so it's not like they refuse to go OoS like you make them out to be.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
lol... last time I checked none of NM was at Genesis, and a week before that X was at Vegas and took 2nd place... hmm. We sure are scared of going OoS.

They went to an oos tourney that weekend. they went to EP(guaranteed money is nice.)

I am the only one who missed out on every oos tourney :(

Top Bottom