• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
When you try and get as many of the obscure, but excellent games out there, then there is ALWAYS a ton of games you have to care about. I think I got like 200+ games for all my systems.

So yeah...spent all day yesterday moving into the basement...took us about 10 hours, but it's done. Man though, I slept so well last night. Like, I passed out around 1 and just barely got up WITHOUT waking up in the night (I'm a light sleeper), so now the basement is to myself. It's set up for gaming, so if I get a free night off this week, then EXPECT a smashfest, and I want a ton of you guys to come.

I'm gonna go pass out until the tourney...later...

Staz

Smash Lord
Do you know [x3]

[Chorus]
Do you know what it feels like
loving someone that's in a rush to throw you away.
(Do you know [x3])
to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed.

Do you know [x4]
Do ya

If birds flying south is a sign of changes
At least you can predict this every year.
Love, you never know the minute it ends suddenly
I can't get it to speak
Maybe finding all the things it took to save us
I could fix the pain that bleeds inside of me
Look in your eyes to see something about me
I'm standing on the edge and I don't know what else to give.

[Chorus]
(Do you know [x3])

Do you know [x4]
Do ya

How can I love you [x4]

If you just don't talk to me, babe.

It flows through my head
The question is she needed
And decide all the man I can ever be.
Looking at the last 3 years like I did,
I could never see us ending like this.
(Do you know)
Seeing your face no more on my pillow
Is a scene that's never happened to me.
(Do you know)
But after this episode I don't see,
you could never tell the next thing life could be

[Chorus]
(Do you know [x3])

Do you know [x3]

[Chorus]
(Do you know [x3])

Do you know [x7]

[Chorus]
loving someone that's in a rush to throw you away
(Do you know [x3])
to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed

Do you know [x3]

[Chorus]
loving someone that's in a rush to throw you away
(Do you know how it feels)
to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed

Do you know [x4]
Do ya

Do you know [x4]
Do ya

Do you know [x4]
Do ya
this song is kenny's song for sure

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Smash Fest

Got a lot of these going lately, huh?

Got my schedule for the week. I only got one day off. It's Saturday. So with nothing else to do, it'll be a whole day sort of thing.

So with the basement to myself now, we'll have loads of room to have extra TV's and Wii's. However, my father will be home, so there will be some rules.

1. Respect his house
2. No excessive noise, ie yelling, cursing, breaking things, etc.
3. Be clean

Other than that, you'll have a fun time. My dad is pretty cool as long as we don't trash things around the house.

So with that little bit out of the way, here's the details for the smashfest.

When: Saturday, June 13
Where: My place (PM me for address)
Who's invited: Anyone can come, as long as you tell me ahead of time
Time: 12:00PM - 11:00PM (give you decent time to wake up, and a lot of time to play here)
Bring: If you can bring a TV and/or Wii, I'd appreciate it. I've only got one of each. Food-wise though, bring like two bucks. I'll order Little Caesar's. Whoever pays gets food. NO EXCEPTIONS! No money, no food. I don't have spare money for food. I also have chairs and will try to find a good table, but bring chairs if you got any to spare.

So that's it. I want to get a lot of people to come to this, so if we can get enough TV's, we could potentially have 64, Melee, and Brawl here, or maybe keep one TV open for movies or other games.

PM me as soon as you can so I can get a good tally of who's coming! Let me know if you have spare equipment you could bring as well! Hope to see many of you here this weekend!

r3d d09

Smash Master
I will try and get work off to meet some new smashers. totally worth it. If I'm able to go, i can take two tv's and what not to help someone out and not disconnect their setup.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Ok, lets see if I can break my curse.
I'm going to the tourney on Thursday at the Draper PnT.
I've triple-checked my schedule, asked my Mom, gone through all of my job schedules, etc.

*crosses fingers*

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Got a lot of these going lately, huh?

Got my schedule for the week. I only got one day off. It's Saturday. So with nothing else to do, it'll be a whole day sort of thing.

So with the basement to myself now, we'll have loads of room to have extra TV's and Wii's. However, my father will be home, so there will be some rules.

1. Respect his house
2. No excessive noise, ie yelling, cursing, breaking things, etc.
3. Be clean

Other than that, you'll have a fun time. My dad is pretty cool as long as we don't trash things around the house.

So with that little bit out of the way, here's the details for the smashfest.

When: Saturday, June 13
Where: My place (PM me for address)
Who's invited: Anyone can come, as long as you tell me ahead of time
Time: 12:00PM - 11:00PM (give you decent time to wake up, and a lot of time to play here)
Bring: If you can bring a TV and/or Wii, I'd appreciate it. I've only got one of each. Food-wise though, bring like two bucks. I'll order Little Caesar's. Whoever pays gets food. NO EXCEPTIONS! No money, no food. I don't have spare money for food. I also have chairs and will try to find a good table, but bring chairs if you got any to spare.

So that's it. I want to get a lot of people to come to this, so if we can get enough TV's, we could potentially have 64, Melee, and Brawl here, or maybe keep one TV open for movies or other games.

PM me as soon as you can so I can get a good tally of who's coming! Let me know if you have spare equipment you could bring as well! Hope to see many of you here this weekend!
Arg I would so totally be there but this is my anniversary weekend so I'll have to miss out. I hope it's a blast!

I'll still probably be there Thursday though.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, an anniversary is kinda more important than a smashfest... ;)

But yeah! Man, i need to fit in like... at least 5 smashfests/ smash til dawns before I leave. No joke.... joke.

-Final-

Aria♪

But yeah! Man, i need to fit in like... at least 5 smashfests/ smash til dawns before I leave. No joke.... joke.
... I thought you left already. "Stops listening to Fate"

It'll be more likely that I'll come if the smashfest is on a Saturday, but I still doubt it...:(

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I didn't say that Waff left, I said Nul did. Waff is leaving soon and thought that getting some was better than hanging out with us where he knows he would get alot.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135

... I thought you left already. "Stops listening to Fate"

It'll be more likely that I'll come if the smashfest is on a Saturday, but I still doubt it...:(
Then try and turn these "maybes" into "yes" and come to this smashfest!

I've got a few PM's saying they can come, so I'm still hoping for more from you guys.

For those who have sent a PM, I will give my information by at least Thursday, so I can give others time and get a good estimate for the total coming.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Anonano said:
Also, I don't see why Nintendo bothered to make Link right-handed in the first place
Link has always been left-handed. In the GameCube version of Twilight Princess, Link remained left-handed, and the world's geography remained unchanged from Ocarina of Time. For the Wii, Nintendo decided to flip everything since the majority of players are right-handed, so Link was flipped around along with the world's geography (EG, Gerudo Desert east instead of west and Death Mountain west instead of east).

Also, if anyone's going to Genesis (July 10) or EVO (July 17), you should email or PM me or something.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Link has always been left-handed. In the GameCube version of Twilight Princess, Link remained left-handed, and the world's geography remained unchanged from Ocarina of Time. For the Wii, Nintendo decided to flip everything since the majority of players are right-handed, so Link was flipped around along with the world's geography (EG, Gerudo Desert east instead of west and Death Mountain west instead of east).
-_-
Don't worry, I do know this stuff. I'm just saying that the reasoning Nintendo has, as posted in all of its press releases and interviews, is really dumb.

Don't forget you ARE talking to the TRUE LoZ fanatic here. xD

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
-_-
Don't worry, I do know this stuff. I'm just saying that the reasoning Nintendo has, as posted in all of its press releases and interviews, is really dumb.

Don't forget you ARE talking to the TRUE LoZ fanatic here. xD
*Cough*....The? Pardon me, but you should change that to "a". I am also a huge LoZ fanatic here.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Hey Utah Smashers.........imma try ta get out to a tournament sometime next month......im also goin to Dixie for college...........any smashers in that area?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Xsyven was down there, but he is moving/has already moved to Oregon or something. I don't know if he's still there, other than that there isn't much.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
*Cough*....The? Pardon me, but you should change that to "a". I am also a huge LoZ fanatic here.
Hey, I've beaten all the games (some repeatedly), am up to date on everything LoZ related, and I main Link in SCII, SSB64, Melee, and Brawl. You really can't beat that kind of devotion, lol.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I doubt Anonano will get a tattoo as long as he lives with his mom.
But anyway, I would say Anonano's the bigger Zelda fan, given the circumstances. Seriously, it takes devotion to main Link in Smash, especially in Smash 64 and Brawl, since he's near rock bottom in those.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
You aren't a TRUE LoZ fan until you post pictures of yourself dressed as Link like Buzz did way back when he still liked Utah.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hey Utah Smashers.........imma try ta get out to a tournament sometime next month......im also goin to Dixie for college...........any smashers in that area?
Just me. :( I'm not moving to Oregon until October. I'll have to ceremoniously pass you the Sexy Southern Utah baton.

Until Hott gets back from his mission. :(

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I doubt Anonano will get a tattoo as long as he lives with his mom.
But anyway, I would say Anonano's the bigger Zelda fan, given the circumstances. Seriously, it takes devotion to main Link in Smash, especially in Smash 64 and Brawl, since he's near rock bottom in those.
Um...one of my mains in 64 is Link, and although I don't main Link in Brawl, I secondary Toon Link and Ganon...

Not discrediting his LoZ fan-ness, just saying he shouldn't be "THE" LoZ fan, since somebody is gonna outdo him in one area or another.

You aren't a TRUE LoZ fan until you post pictures of yourself dressed as Link like Buzz did way back when he still liked Utah.
I would so do this if I found the costume. Hell, I'd even get my ears peirced if I found the same exact blue earings Link has.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Lol, no tattoos ever for me anyway.

However I did go out for Halloween dressed as Link a few years back (in red instead of green of course).
Everyone kept asking me if I was Santa Claus gone crazy, so I eventually had to drop the hat.

And Lanky, I in no way am discrediting you either. LoZ fans ftw!

harpuia190

Smash Ace
if your such a true zelda fan then why the heck are you so worried

1. name me a truly bad zelda game, aside from CD-I link, and if you cant, then that would mean your expecting nintendo to flop as bad as CD-I link?

2. do you honestly think nintendo is gonna screw up one of their biggest(if not the biggest) franchises? i know what you mean about some poor decisions nintendo has been making BUT they arent stupid they didnt screw up TP and they arent gonna screw up this, it pays them a lot more to make it more hardcore rather than casual

Minato

穏やかじゃない
1. name me a truly bad zelda game, aside from CD-I link, and if you cant, then that would mean your expecting nintendo to flop as bad as CD-I link?
I'd say Adventure of Link was pretty bad, but that's just my opinion.
The game was almost as bad as Fire Emblem Gaiden, IMO.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
We need to throw a Four Swords party over the summer some time. Get 4 people together and beat the entire game in one sitting. I would seriously do this, anyone else?

Also, are they ever going to make Four Swords for the Wii? ;____; It could easily be done by using the DS's for multiplayer like how the Gamecube version used Gameboys. Only it would be wireless and less annoying.

Four Swords is like my second favorite Zelda Game.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Link's Awakening was my least favorite aside from the CD-i games. Although the quotes are priceless.
"I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!"
Its mostly the ending that ticked me off, I couldn't stand playing through the game only to learn that NONE OF IT EVER ACTUALLY HAPPENED. >:/
Adventure of Link was just weird for the franchise as well.
Minish Cap was just too short. It was easy to beat and there wasn't much to do outside of the actual storyline either. But it was still a decent game.

Yes, I do think Nintendo could flop a huge series. Remember when the President announced at E3 about... the pulse monitor that you attatch to your finger? Yeah.
I can jokingly say that I'll hate Spirit Tracks, but I know that I'll still buy it anyway.

Harpuia, I'm not being defensive, and I'm not worried. I'm joking around and having a little fun with you guys. Relax, man. :)
I know I'm not the BIGGEST ZELDA FAN EVAR!!!!!!!!1!1! But I'm still a true-blue...er...green Zelda fan.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
i enjoyed adventure of link(lol thats the second that came out for the NES right?)

it was tough, suffered from some poor design choices etc.. but still fun IMO

minish cap was way cool, minish vaati was way cool

spirit tracks is just phantom hourglass, but boats have been replaced with trains

but what i think is silly when we ask for zelda's every year(i don't) and then people get upset when we dont get a game as long or as in depth as OoT, its just silly

as for four swords, id totally be down, but when we get to kakariko village i promise we wont make progress until everyone is in tears hehehehe

vazor

Smash Apprentice
it pays them a lot more to make it more hardcore rather than casual
not necessarily- making 'toon link' with waker probably brought in more people, and with big franchises you don't easily lose sales from the slavering 'hardcore' fans

We need to throw a Four Swords party over the summer some time. Get 4 people together and beat the entire game in one sitting. I would seriously do this, anyone else?
I'd be down for an all-nighter of fourswords. Be warned I have a tendency to get everyone killed, not on purpose though. :laugh:

minish cap was way cool, minish vaati was way cool

spirit tracks is just phantom hourglass, but boats have been replaced with trains

but what i think is silly when we ask for zelda's every year(i don't) and then people get upset when we dont get a game as long or as in depth as OoT, its just silly
QFT on all three points

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
as for four swords, id totally be down, but when we get to kakariko village i promise we wont make progress until everyone is in tears hehehehe
Hehe... I should come just for that ;)

Oh, and i bet your brother still hates you about it... heh

Top Bottom