• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Well thats good to know and if i do end up coming to this mike will be coming with me cuz he's my partner and friend and just because you dont want him to come doesnt mean the rest of Utah doesnt want him to come I think you are over reacting to this a little bit Gojo.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
OOS smashers aren't banned from coming to these biweeklies. However, they ARE aimed at Utah smashers, hence the $2 entry. It's for gaining new smashers who wouldn't otherwise come. We need them. Any OOS who happen to be visiting Utah relatives or something like that are welcome to come. The prize money isn't meant to pay for 4+ hours of gas money. Gojira only said OOS shouldn't come to the first one only. I don't see how there is so much fuss over not being able to come to a single biweekly. Seriously, why not save your gas money for coming to Ultimate Destiny 2 instead of whining about not having enough money? I prolly won't be able to provide housing until the big tournament either.

Btw, the post count in the Utah Thread is going up so fast now. Thanks guys ^_^
So, simply put: OOS can't come to the first biweekly. Every other one is fine.

I dont want mike comming to this tourney because of his rude and not needed comment. It was an un called for comment that mike should have not done and all of utah is behind me. Ryan, your more then welcome to come. Mike needs to think before he says disrespectful things to people.
I'm in Utah. I don't back you up. But I also don't know the person. But you can ask FTS what I told him about the rudeness.

Well thats good to know and if i do end up coming to this mike will be coming with me cuz he's my partner and friend and just because you dont want him to come doesnt mean the rest of Utah doesnt want him to come I think you are over reacting to this a little bit Gojo.
You'll want to reread what FTS said. OOS can't come to the first biweekly. End of story.

And it's not "Gojo." With the way you're going, it's "Goji."

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
It is ridiculous to ever ban OOS smashers from a tournament. I could understand a top secret preparation meeting for a crew battle... but too bad this isn't that. Not even SoCal bans OOS smashers. I went to a SoCal Biweeklie at Ken's house last year. They had no beef with an OOS smasher coming.

FTS, I'm a bit confused at your logic. So, the money isn't meant to sponsor a 4-hour drive down, but it is meant to slide into someone's pocket to spend at their own leisure? Paying for someone's long drive down seems like a more noble cause. Considering the rather low entry fee, it's obvious that OOS smashers wouldn't be coming to load up on cash. They just want to compete, and it's only convenient that they might win and use that money to pay for their long trip.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
okay heres what i think...
oos people should be able to attend our jan. 13 tournament...because i dont think we'll be seeing them for a while since biweeklies have a $2 entry fee. the more people the more money.

also, we can start rankings at our next biweekly because rankings are always changing. as a matter of fact, i think idaho should be included in our rankings because it makes for a tougher competition. but that also means they would have to come to every biweekly to move up or keep their position. the more people the more better we will become.
lets make our goal to have no idaho people on our list :)

not allowing oos smashers to attend sets a bad example for later tournaments/biweeklies, even if its just for one tournament. the more people the more better the tournament.

so my point is...its never bad to have people, even if it's just for one tournament.

also, mike's comment was uncalled for but he shouldn't be ban from our first tournament.
let him come so you can punch him in the face and make his nose bleed :) i also want to see yamer vs. pc ...match of the century.

Gojira

Smash Lord
okay heres what i think...
oos people should be able to attend our jan. 13 tournament...because i dont think we'll be seeing them for a while since biweeklies have a $2 entry fee. the more people the more money.

also, we can start rankings at our next biweekly because rankings are always changing. as a matter of fact, i think idaho should be included in our rankings because it makes for a tougher competition. but that also means they would have to come to every biweekly to move up or keep their position. the more people the more better we will become.
lets make our goal to have no idaho people on our list :)

not allowing oos smashers to attend sets a bad example for later tournaments/biweeklies, even if its just for one tournament. the more people the more better the tournament.

so my point is...its never bad to have people, even if it's just for one tournament.

also, mike's comment was uncalled for but he shouldn't be ban from our first tournament.
let him come so you can punch him in the face and make his nose bleed :) i also want to see yamer vs. pc ...match of the century.
We can not include Idaho in the UTAH power rankings......they need to make up there own for their own state.

As for the comment that was something he sjhould have not said, then later he made another comment that went around these lines of

"Grow up. LOL! Eat something it might cheer ya up "

But later took his post back. None-the-less expect to see lesds yamer at tournaments I host.

Finally, OOsers are welcome...thats whats FTS has said.

Yamer

Smash Journeyman
We can not include Idaho in the UTAH power rankings......they need to make up there own for their own state.
You could you just don't want to be lower on the list.

As for the comment that was something he sjhould have not said, then later he made another comment that went around these lines of
"Grow up. LOL! Eat something it might cheer ya up "

But later took his post back. None-the-less expect to see lesds yamer at tournaments I host.
I took it back, I realized it was uncalled for and I think that you should take it for what it's worth. I could have left it.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
For the last time, Idaho players will not be included in a Utah power ranking. You have your own state. You're not even in the same regional forum as Utah.

Also, OOSers are allowed to these biweeklies like I stated earlier. However, I'm going to temp-ban Yamer from this current set of biweeklies only (ends the weekend before USUD2) because he has a complete **** to tournament staff and participants, causing some people to enjoy the tournaments less, and some even go to fewer, if any, future tournaments. Complaints about tournaments I host do NOT make me happy. Utah tournaments have a fun, friendly atmosphere in additioin to the competetiveness that naturally comes from tournaments which will be hindered no longer. Yamer got several warnings already. This is the last one. I'm sick of it now. Next offense WILL be a permanent ban. I will protect my smash scene and my tournaments, especially when I host or co-host almost all of them personally. My decision is final. Thank you :)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Wow, someone inside Utah actually suggested adding Idaho smashers to the power rankings. Hmmm... maybe it isn't such a bad idea afterall. The reasons you other guys give for not having us merge are quite frail. It would not be hard at all to make a thread entitled Official Utah/Idaho Power Rankings. Who cares if we aren't in the same region? We're neighboring states, and the Idaho thread could have a link in the first post to the power rankings thread. We only suggest merging so there is a larger list and since Idaho doesn't have many to add.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Wow, someone inside Utah actually suggested adding Idaho smashers to the power rankings. Hmmm... maybe it isn't such a bad idea afterall. The reasons you other guys give for not having us merge are quite frail. It would not be hard at all to make a thread entitled Official Utah/Idaho Power Rankings. Who cares if we aren't in the same region? We're neighboring states, and the Idaho thread could have a link in the first post to the power rankings thread. We only suggest merging so there is a larger list and since Idaho doesn't have many to add.
That would be like us asking AZ to add utah smashers to their power rankings.....This is the UTAH power rankings....not utah/Idaho

lengeta

Smash Ace
I'm coming in a little late and there's internet drama about, but now's my turn to rant...

First off, and most importatly, I don't side with anyone. Not Utah, not Idaho, not the hosts. There's been some mild flak within just Utah before, but nothing to the extent of what's going on right now. That said, I support and respect FtS since he's basically my local goto man for everything Smash, and also Gojira who's definatly second in command from my perspective (no offence ment to you there, Gojira). Even if you guys think they're onery ******* ****tards, these two guys are basically the only reason there's a scene around here at all.

I think all tournaments should be open to all members wishing to attend them. As such, any I'll ever personally run will be as such. At the same time, I don't think there's anything wrong with FtS/Gojira/Utah/whomever wanting to run a 'locals only' tournament, even though it may be a little elitist. I don't think Yammer, BattleChrist, and (to a slight extent) Buzz should be getting upset that they're not wanted at one local tourny. I also don't think Gojira and FtS should be getting upset that OOSers dislike not being able to attend, it feels like a **** move even if it isn't ment as such. Gojira, you should have been a little more prepared for the coming flames, and everything should have been explained in a calm manner. Don't say Utah backs you up when most of them don't even post on here, and Yamer, don't be saying everyone else wants OOSers to come for the same reason.

I have a hard time with names, and I see all you in person extremely rarely, so I have a tough time remembering who's who, but if Yamer has been causing any drama at one of our tournies I don't see anything wrong with banning him. I'm not saying he has been, I really don't know, but if anybody was getting out of hands at one of my tournies I would instigate a ban as well, but everyone's been great at the two I've run.

There will be Utah only rankings, no matter what. There's no way Idaho will ever be considered in that roster. At the same time, I'm totally down with Utah/Idaho rankings as well, and would probably look to those more often to place myself. I feel Idaho is just another county of Utah, and they're unquestionably a big part of our Smash community. Besides, things seem a lot less active up there, and they could really use the help of Utah to keep things going.

Idaho is a big part of Utah's Smash community, and I feel that's why they're so upset about being left out of a tourny. I really don't want to see things go sour between our two states, so I think everyone should just grow up and appoligize. Maybe Gojira wants a higher ranking, maybe Yamer likes knocking Utahns down on the Utah rankings, who the **** cares? I like to play Smash bros, so lets ****ing play some.

KC.pwns.GMAN

Smash Cadet
FTS, Gojo: My last gift to you guys http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/ld/projects/trc/2002/manual/images/bilingual/stick.jpg

Sit and spin boys. LOL

PS. Flame on! :p

I don't know what the hell that is supposed to mean....

I really don't think that Idaho or any state outside of Utah should be on the UTAH power rankings, even though we do have a lot of people come from Idaho to Utah tournaments, anyone that would ever want to find out information on Utah smashers would have to sift through a list of Utah and Idaho smashers, and not every Idaho smash can come to Utah tournaments, so it really would only allow BC and Yammer, possibly Buzz, to be in the rankings.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I'm still down for a smashfest with the cool kids though :p lol!
Now the question is do they want to hang out with "you"

I'm pretty much the same as lengeta. It's fine either way, but the person running the tournament at their place has complete rights to what goes and what doesn't. Hell, if I joined a tournament, it started, and they said I can no longer participate, no refunds, I'd be pissed, but that's the rules. I can debate what I want, but in the end, the answer is the answer. Consequentially, I wouldn't head to any more tournaments ran by such and such a user.

PS: lengeta, you and me should play a bit. After all, you're not that far from where I live XD

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
That would be like us asking AZ to add utah smashers to their power rankings.....This is the UTAH power rankings....not utah/Idaho
That was a horrible analogy. Arizona has plenty of smashers to form its own rankings, and so does Utah; on top of that, Utah and Arizona rarely compete with each other. Idaho, on the other hand, has very few active smashers, but those smashers are at a rather competitive level and compete with Utah all the time. Like lengeta said, Idaho feels more like an extension of Utah than its own state. First off, there are no Utah power rankings posted, so you're defending nothing, Gojira. If you want, you can post two parts: one without Idaho smashers and one with Idaho smashers. If we made our own rank list, it'd look like this: "Yamer (1), BattleChrist (2), Buzz (3)" (and who knows, maybe we'd throw gnosis in there somewhere). That doesn't really show jack in terms of how good anyone really is. Is it so hard to see why we'd like to merge with a state against whom we compete often? We make so many blasted trips down to Utah that it seems kinda arrogant that you'd block us out like this. Excluding lengeta and his gang, I have never seen any Utah smashers at an Idaho tournament. However, I've lost count how many times we've carpooled down to Utah for smash tournaments (and heck, even Yamer and other guys have gone without me on numerous other occasions). Gojira, I think you're operating off some unwritten rule that says two states cannot merge for power rankings. Your logic for disallowing such a list to be made has so many holes in it that it's mind-boggling. If someone came along and viewed a merged list, I'm sure it wouldn't take much brainpower to ignore the three or four smashers with an IDAHO marker next to their name.

Anyway, I'm afraid I have to side with Yamer/BattleChrist on this one. I really don't feel like going to Utah tournaments anymore. You guys (excluding a select intelligent few) seem to live with this strange Nazi mentality where the border defines all politics. Anything beyond the border is your enemy. Regardless of how many tournaments we've kicked our butts to attend down there, you start saying OOS smashers can't come to tournaments and refuse to allow just a couple extra smashers into your power rankings. I 100% guarantee you that if the situation were reversed (Idaho had 50 active smashers while Utah had only 2), I would allow Utah into our power rankings in a heartbeat (even if they were #1 and #2). :(

Takalth

Smash Ace
On an entirely different subject:

Neumont University is starting a Smash League for high schools. Those who have graduated can ignore the rest of this post, but anyone who is still in high school and can get three or more others to commit to coming four fridays in a row (starting January 19th) would be welcome. It's $5 total for all four nights, and you get t-shirts and free soda (not to mention prize money if you win). Anyway, the thread is here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2042491#post2042491

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
What a sad topic this has turned out to be. :)

I have solutions, but no one would listen. How fun.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
i love internet drama.
hopefully everyone decide get along and live happily ever after.
but i dont think it'll happen until we see cow flys.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Unfortunately I have a play to do that day, and I doubt I'd be able to hitch a ride for it in any case. Enjoy yourselves nonetheless ^^

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Wow, I've been really busy with school these past few days, and a lot has happened while I was busy. I think Idaho has a bunch of good points, and I think Gojira is a really good host, so I am not going to side with anyone. I, myself, do not like the reseting of the Power Rankings (for OBVIOUS reasons) but I'm still going along with it. Frankly, I'm taking the more passive route and letting things happen as they are. I'm upset that I probably won't be able to play you guys from Idaho any time soon, though. I like having more good people to play with, and playing with you guys gives a new perspective, so I'll miss you guys... :(

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
BYU recruitage, w0Ot

*Mwahahaha... feel the might of BYU*
So its me +2 for sure, +another 1 maybe, and there's someone who is interested. However, Lengeta's van will be full if that maybe turns out to be a yes, I think, if it seats 6 ppl... so I'm not going to invite that last guy I suppose. Almost all the people I'm bringing with are smash noobs, though... try not to completely destroy them guys ;). Yeah so I PM'ed Lengeta about the room thing, hopefully he can magistically summon another seat. Although, now that I think of it, if theres a driver, passenger, 2 seater, 3 seater, thats totally 7... if it's 3 and 3 it's 8. So I suppose I can go ahead and invite him, can't I... ^.^ Sweetness. Lol... I look forward to being royally PWNED by you guys... I saw your vids from last year, and if you haven't improved ima beat ya. But in the quite likely event that you have...... It's fun being owned :D

Top Bottom