• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
but for real guys you can fest over there
i advise it
all you need is a setup, a corner of the room, and filthy casuals

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
sorry guys! since i'm out of town, i won't be able to post those videos until i get back in a few weeks. i know, i know, super lame right. you probably won't even care about the videos by then. but maybe it'll give you enough time away from them that you can look at them with fresh eyes or something ^_^'''.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So there IS a tournament at Kafeneios this weekend right?

Last edited:

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
Smash 64 netplay is legit as hell man. Someone get the brawl community to switch to dolphin please.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
I land tomorrow afternoon, but I'm probably not free until Wednesday when I get off work.

Also, I just created an actual facebook page for the smash scene. Please join, and help keep the page updated with info on tourneys and stuff. I'm not trying to move people from the thread or anything, but most people who are visiting will look up our scene via facebook because the majority of scenes have their groups on there. Help pl0x. plz n thx

"I just want to know if he's a homosex"

@ -Mars- -Mars-

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I land tomorrow afternoon, but I'm probably not free until Wednesday when I get off work.

Also, I just created an actual facebook page for the smash scene. Please join, and help keep the page updated with info on tourneys and stuff. I'm not trying to move people from the thread or anything, but most people who are visiting will look up our scene via facebook because the majority of scenes have their groups on there. Help pl0x. plz n thx
Hey, I just read this
And this is crazy
It's awesome really
So link it maybe?

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
Salt Lake Comic Con beat me to the punch!

Smash Comic Con (the official name of the Super Smash Bros. Tournaments presented by Salt Lake Comic Con) is official! Check out details in the link below and I'll keep you posted on Registration (which should be live as early as tomorrow).

After FanX I had hoped to attend more tournaments and Smash Fests, but I've been way busy, so it will be good to see you all again in September.

Read through it an let me know if you have any questions. Trying to clarify as much of it as possible.

Thanks guys!

Details HERE: http://smashboards.com/threads/sep-...-2014-salt-lake-city-ut.364108/#post-17275534 and HERE: http://saltlakecomiccon.com/smash-comic-con-2014/

Steezy22

Smash Cadet
Smashing at my house from now till 10 pm. Text me for address 801 9four9 5548

I am willing to pick people up at the trax station by my house if that helps people get here!

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Salt Lake Comic Con beat me to the punch!

Smash Comic Con (the official name of the Super Smash Bros. Tournaments presented by Salt Lake Comic Con) is official! Check out details in the link below and I'll keep you posted on Registration (which should be live as early as tomorrow).

After FanX I had hoped to attend more tournaments and Smash Fests, but I've been way busy, so it will be good to see you all again in September.

Read through it an let me know if you have any questions. Trying to clarify as much of it as possible.

Thanks guys!

Details HERE: http://smashboards.com/threads/sep-...-2014-salt-lake-city-ut.364108/#post-17275534 and HERE: http://saltlakecomiccon.com/smash-comic-con-2014/
I can enter or help host if you want

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
a piece of my childhood is gone
Goodbye to a legendary actor

one of his movies got me into Evangelion

Last edited:

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Do I need to register if I have a Comic Con pass already. If so make money for me.

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
Do I need to register if I have a Comic Con pass already. If so make money for me.
Yes - If you already have a SLCC Pass, then you will be comped the price of the "Tournament Pass" to the entry fee's of one of your tournaments. So register now (costs about ~$13 after fees) and that will go toward entry fees when you pay those at on-site registration.

So to clarify - to register, you only pay the venue fee. We'll be taking entrance fees for the three tournaments during on-site registration. (Hopefully all this isn't too confusing ;P but let me know if you need to clarify anything).

Sensei

Smash Lord
I travel every now and then between California and Nevada and have some friends in Utah that I plan to visit. It would be cool to check out the scene there and SMASH it up with you guys!

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
I liked it better when preliminaries wasn't at Comic Con, itself, since that meant I didn't have to pay for a weekend pass to it... XD
Hah, well, it is a bit of a disadvantage for those who made it to the top 4 and won a comic con pass, but this works great for people coming out of town so they can do the tournament and the convention, and also so people can get everything in one weekend instead of spread out over two.

Having a SLCC pass does put your Tournament Pass toward one entry fee though. And right now SLCC passes are on sale.

SoapSud

Smash Rookie
This is my sticker sheet:

I think I'm going to play Falco in Brawl. I'll play some singles next time I see a setup and in Taylorsville this week I guess. I'm going to need a real wii to play online though (D:<) so I'll be bad and will have to practice with you guys.

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto I think I'm actually ready to win back some money in smash 64 now. We might have to play on Emulator though so I can get my controls set up just how I want them. I think emu is legit in the 64 scene, but maybe VC is good enough; I'll try to figure something out.

@ Ken Neth Ken Neth What events are you going to, man?

@ net1234 net1234 mm me in fzero, punk

Edit: SoapSud*s* >.> logged into the wrong one.

Last edited:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
So the comic con tourney takes place over three days now? That really sucks for people with jobs and obligations if that's the case.

@ Ken Neth Ken Neth What events are you going to, man?
I'm going to try and make the smash jam, the comic con will be hard for me to make though. I will try to work my work schedule around it though because that would be sweet to go to.

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:
Top Bottom