• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
This is why you all need to keep tabs on Gamer's Abbey damnit.

I'm running PM in Provo tonight. Tourney starts at 8. Got back recently, should show up there about 7 myself.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Update: Registration for Smash Comic Con 2014 is open! Head over to the event for details here: http://saltlakecomiccon.com/smash-comic-con-2014/

Or go directly to registration here: https://register.growtix.com/e/salt_lake_comic_con_2014
(Look for the "Special Events" tab and select Smash Comic Con 2014 Tournament Pass)

Let me know if you have any questions!
So I need too add 1 of the weekend passes, and then 2 of the $10 Tournament Passes under Special Events if I plan to enter in two tournaments, or what?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Think of the $10 more of a reservation of you as a person. You only pay it once, then at the door, you pay for the divisions you want to enter, with that online payment covering one division.

If you don't pay the $10 reservation, you'll be subject to the $10 entry fees per division, plus a $10 service charge of sorts for doing that at the door.

We know it's a little bit of pain, I should probably make a quick explanational FAQ or video....

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
My boy @2Johns claims to have seen gimr post about coming on his facebook. I requested evidence from 2johns but he has yet to provide. I think he's a fraudin but it would be awesome if some big names came out.
What? If so I want to talk to him.

So I need too add 1 of the weekend passes, and then 2 of the $10 Tournament Passes under Special Events if I plan to enter in two tournaments, or what?
Buy a tournament pass - that is like your venue fee. You'll pay entry fee's for each tournament at the event (not on the website). If you have a comic con pass, show it to us at the desk when you sign up for tournaments, and we'll put that money toward one of your entry fees. Does that make sense?

You should see if Scar or toph can come
I will try!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Remember all, Game Den Provo tonight is Project M. Tournament starts at 8, 8:30, something like that.

Tomorrow is Brawl at Taylorsville. However, our friends at Gameland World in Spanish Fork are doing a Melee tournament if you'd prefer. I need somebody to run that. If you have capability, let me know, I believe it starts at 7. I'm getting more details in a moment.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Buy a tournament pass - that is like your venue fee. You'll pay entry fee's for each tournament at the event (not on the website). If you have a comic con pass, show it to us at the desk when you sign up for tournaments, and we'll put that money toward one of your entry fees. Does that make sense?
@ Tsuteto Tsuteto 's explaination seemed less roundabout, but yeah, I get how it works now. So is the Smash tournament in a separate building near the convention venue or is it actually connected to the venue building but simply has a different address?

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
@ Tsuteto Tsuteto 's explaination seemed less roundabout, but yeah, I get how it works now. So is the Smash tournament in a separate building near the convention venue or is it actually connected to the venue building but simply has a different address?
It is a separate building (the Radisson Hotel) but there is an entrance/exit to the Salt Palace that is about 15 feet from the Radisson's main entrance which is where you'll need to go. Pretty convenient (just checked out the space today.)

Sorry for the roundabout explanation ;)

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto is definitely better at explaining these kinda things. Dat experience.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
For me, easiest to go from the I215, taking 2700 south exit going west, and it'll basically be there immediately to the right

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Because, you know, it's not like Google or the first post can't give you some damn information >.<

Taylorsville Game Den, 2590 W 4700 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84119
All you said was 'Tonight in Taylorsville is Brawl', you didnt say where~

And if you did it was on an earlier page and I never check back cuz my phone sucks at loading pages as it is.

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
did anyone see the guy with a BYU shirt at xanadu last night? he was commentating for a lil bit and said he was moving to ut soon

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
What a fraud. Never eating commander crunch again.
****ing imposter
the hits keep on coming <_<

did anyone see the guy with a BYU shirt at xanadu last night? he was commentating for a lil bit and said he was moving to ut soon
nobody gives a uck

His page was glitching up when they first updated the daily picture with him but before they linked to his page on the main homepage; it's a sign that he's still broken!
is this what you wanted?

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
it's kinda interesting that there is no brawl scene in southern utah. it's mostly PM, with melee and 64 tied in popularity after PM

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
it's kinda interesting that there is no brawl scene in southern utah. it's mostly PM, with melee and 64 tied in popularity after PM
Everywhere is like that to a degree...every new player only plays Melee and PM (if not just PM), and all the brawl players are vets and have given up. Sad really. :/

Brawl dubs though. Yum. I am honestly considering hosting a brawl dubs only tourney. But I would need more of you hoes to actually come out. Turns out that we can't have much of a tourney if we don't have a good turnout. -_-

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
maybe itll change when school starts up again and i rope in more casuals to turn into competitive players. i'm gonna start a smash club at SUU.

also personally id rather play brawl than 64

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Tbh, I highly doubt Brawl will ever have high turnouts for anything ever anymore unless its a huge multi game event like Salt Fest, but I could care less since Smash 4 is literally just a couple months away (even less if youre talking 3DS) and that should easily replace Brawl imo.

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
A Brawl doubles tourney would be cool. The tourney last night was fun, did pretty good hoping to improve.
The real fun started at 2am in remi's basement

Top Bottom