• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
So, I was talking with FTS the other day. Who all is confirmed for Salt Fest big name wise for melee? For that matter even, who are all of our melee players here? Probably would be good to figure these things out :p
I'm not exactly a big name but I've got my eyes on top 3 for melee
salt fest is my coming out party in utah melee :)

between pc and I surely we can take down a spot in top 3, maybe more
I think I can beat m2k too
rofl jk he's gunna get first
what a bummer guys

___X___

Smash Lord
Hey guys just wanted to say the last tourney was awesome. Lots of cool new smashers and friendly people. Special thanks to Lucas for hosting our tourneys, and being so consistent with it. Hopefully we see more new faces in the future. How many of you guys are going out to the tournament this Friday? I believe it's in the the afternoon, and free. Called Nerd-Fest.

Zz, can you post the link for everyone to see? Thanks.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Ayo, knee grows. My flights have been purchased for Salt Fest =]

So there's a league tourney.. You doing that, Chris? Does anybody know the schedule for it? Does it conflict with the melee tourney? Answers are appreciated.

___X___

Smash Lord
Here's the link for the tournament/convention on Friday https://www.facebook.com/events/543500855660471/?fref=ts And Zz, it says that it's free. "The event is free for all ages. Special VIP wristbands will be available for $5 at Sponsor locations soon." So it's $5 'if' you want a VIP wristband for special benefits on that day. Other than that, the even is free. And C!Z, here's the link for the Salt Fest. Should answer all your questions. www.saltfest.org

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
Ayo, knee grows. My flights have been purchased for Salt Fest =]

So there's a league tourney.. You doing that, Chris? Does anybody know the schedule for it? Does it conflict with the melee tourney? Answers are appreciated.
Glad you're coming out to Salt Fest.

To answer your question, I actually have, and have had, the tournament schedule done for a while. I'm not sure why I haven't posted it yet. Anyway, the schedule for the PC games are not done yet but there won't be any conflicts as we know some people will be playing multiple games. I'll keep you all updated.

Also, any of you guys like Monster Energy? They'll be at Salt Fest with a booth there giving out some free Monster. More things being added to the website, so stay up to date.
www.saltfest.org

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Here's the link for the tournament/convention on Friday https://www.facebook.com/events/543500855660471/?fref=ts And Zz, it says that it's free. "The event is free for all ages. Special VIP wristbands will be available for $5 at Sponsor locations soon." So it's $5 'if' you want a VIP wristband for special benefits on that day. Other than that, the even is free. And C!Z, here's the link for the Salt Fest. Should answer all your questions. www.saltfest.org
No, you need the $5 wristband to enter any events, but once you have said wristband, every event is free. So basically, entering 1 tournament = $5, entering all tournaments = $5.

Read the second to last paragraph: https://www.facebook.com/events/543500855660471/permalink/566655680011655/
https://www.facebook.com/events/543500855660471/permalink/566655680011655/
Free play will be available all day long on available tables.
Prizes for all tournaments will be issued and require the participants to receive a $5 VIP wristband.
VIP wristbands are not required to participate in any free play or demos that might be hosted.

Staz

Smash Lord
Gonna go this friday to the nerd fest, not till later though around 5 or 6, i'm excited to see anyone who can make it and get in some brawl/melee/ any other game friendlies!!

anyone going to the color fest this saturday?

Staz

Smash Lord

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
hmm that holi festival looks amazing. I've seen a documentary on the indian festival, i thought it looked dope. I'm not in a position to spend any $$$ atm tho

nerd fest looks questionable
I might drop in but I have a feeling I'll be uncomfortable and leave swiftly
if there's melee going down there tho I'll stick around

speaking of melee anybody wanna play at my place this weekend? on sunday for instance?
i got tables but not a lot of chairs. and 0 setups/tvs. so that's kinda an issue. y'all will have to step it up and bring **** if you wanna play
just sayin', if people wanna smash but need a venue I'm down to house.

___X___

Smash Lord
The color festival is actually FREE. Of course they hope you buy chalk to throw around, but other than that it's a great meetup place for friends and fam to just go HAM.
Oh and about the Nerd-Fest, I got the brawl tournament to start at 6:00 pm so everyone has a chance to make it! And even if you don't want to go for the brawl tournament, there's gonna be tons of cool people there just to hang, talk, and play all sorts of games. Hope to see you all (or at least most of you) there tomorrow!

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
double post
guys i've been doing the insanity workout I downloaded for the past 5 days. **** is ****ign INTENSE. i sweat so much I had to swim back to my computer when I finished. HIGHLY recommended for everybody who wants to build a life long habit of workout and health *now* rather than waiting until they get so old it's too difficult.
gotta get dem abs

anybody else wanna tell me about your workouts? i wanna get immersed in the culture to help myself stay active. and it helped me to stop thinking about "needing motivation to workout" and instead "building a habit". needing motivation = working out is something you don't want to do = it's a fight to do it. Instead I'm trying to just become habitually engaged. also I'm tryin to look my best for my future lover so I can as beautiful outside as I am in

let's be the best us we can be friends

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lol. I was boxing for a bit back in 2011. Hardest workouts I've ever done. I need to eat healthier though .

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
Let's be the healthiest and most attractive smash region on the planet guys
I've never done any boxing Mars. Closest I've done is a very small amount of tai chi. Feelin' so good right now though. Chompin on some salad, crunching down some sprouted grain cereal with almonds, chugging a glass of hemp milk and munchin' down an apple when I finish that. Then I'm gunna drink like a gallon of water or something

it helps me to feel good about what I'm doing by talking about it so here it is.

and I will *DIE* before I ever drink another soda. what a ****ing addiction
I've never smoked cigs but I imagine it's pretty damn close to cigarettes because I crave sodas constantly

wangston

Smash Lord
I've not met meat yet but I'm sure I would love him and make babies with him or beat his meat. No homo, all in good taste.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?

(It's funny 'cause eels don't have knees! Ha ha, ha ha! Geddit?)

By the way, who won last Saturday? X or Lada? The bracket hasn't been finished yet on challonge.com.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So yeah, Nerd Night PSA Results:

Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/utahpsa/permalink/490870670978455/
Bracket: Will come later

1: Z'zgashi - Spike
2: Sephiroth - Raiden
3: Faithful - Kat
4: Gkirbs - Kratos
5: Colus - Sackboy
5: Vazor - Ratchet
7: Lee - Big Daddy
7: Rancid - Kratos/Dante
9: Sicky - Kat
9: Lada - Ratchet
9: X - Dante
9: Staz - Raiden
13: I See - Kat
13: Mars - Zeus/Fat Princess
13: Final - Fat Princess
13: Forrest - Nariko
17: James - Kratos
17: Rcows - Evil Cole
17: iiii - Cole

Lada

Smash Apprentice
Zz I would have won psallstars tourney for sure, too bad we had to leave.
<- TITAN OP

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Kev I would have owned you in the psallstars tourney for sure, youre lucky you had to leave to save you the embarrassment of getting 3-0'd by a low tier
<- QUINN OP

Also, Ill $5 mm you (or more if you so wish, I could use more monies) on Wednesday/Thursday or something in PSA. Best of 5, standard stage list (with Franzea added in place of Paris just for you <3) 3 Stock, Items Off, Hazards Off, etc.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
...and by "etc.", he means "FINAL DESTINATION!"

On a more serious note, does Seph now have a working computer, again, or did he just randomly decide to post on his PS3?

Staz

Smash Lord
Nerd fest was fun! It was great seeing everyone again, I'm looking to host a smash fest/tourney in april. I'll let you guys know! thanks for hosting the all stars tourney zzgashi.

Staz

Smash Lord
@anonano me x and lada are all living in provo if you already didn't know, if you ever want to smash just let me know! we have alot of tv's where we are at.

Gatrell

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I'm a smasher in Salt Lake and I've never really gotten into the brawl or melee community. Mostly because I didn't think there was one here. I'd like to get into it.

I live roughly near the down town area. Any one want to introduce someone new to this community? If so, PM me or whatever is convenient.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
@Staz: I'm available pretty much any day after 12, so you just let me know when you want to host something.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
So Vegas just confirmed for salt fest. Everyone should go RSVP on the salt fest thread if you're going so it actually looks like there will be a good turnout to other prospective entrants/possible OoSers

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Gatrell, I live on 13th east and south templeand I'm big on Brawl. I can usually smash on weekends.

Top Bottom