• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Yep, looks about right on our skill levels. Cherry has improved a lot from when I last teamed with her forever ago ;p

Kenny, I take it Uroboros is Ben?

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
Forgot to say that Anime Salt Lake is this Friday and Saturday. They're going to be giving out cash prizes for the tournaments and there is no tournament entry fee, you just need a badge. Brawl will be on Saturday for anyone that's interested and we'll have casuals for everything when there are no tournaments going on.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
WOO! I made it into the upper half! I stillllllllllllll got it. 8D

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Forgot to say that Anime Salt Lake is this Friday and Saturday. They're going to be giving out cash prizes for the tournaments and there is no tournament entry fee, you just need a badge. Brawl will be on Saturday for anyone that's interested and we'll have casuals for everything when there are no tournaments going on.
Do you need setups for this?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Does someone have the link to the Anime Salt Lake tournament? I may be able to make it actually. Also, is it the same price to get in at the door as to preregister? Cause I kinda only have cash at the moment (my winnings from saturday is about all I have XD). I could bring two setups if I am able to make it. Also, would it be cool to pay you in cash for salt fest there?

Edit: I stopped being lazy and looked back and found it on the previous page XD

Here it is for anyone else http://www.animesaltlake.com/fight-club.html

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So I went over to my friends house, and out of nowhere he randomly was like 'oh hey, I heard you like this game. I dont really play it much so you can have it' and just straight up gave me UMvC3.

So yeah, I might start getting into this game a bit lol.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Maybe, depends on if Im busy or not. Id need a ride though, but I am like only 5 mins from you via car lol.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
So I went over to my friends house, and out of nowhere he randomly was like 'oh hey, I heard you like this game. I dont really play it much so you can have it' and just straight up gave me UMvC3.

So yeah, I might start getting into this game a bit lol.
Its really good let's play sometime.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
What time will the tourney start tomorrow? I'd love to come and play, but I would have to leave before 5:30. Dropping the entry fee is awesome but $20 is still pretty expensive if I had to miss an event (like doubles--not holding out too much hope for making it to singles GF, lol xD).

Oh, I do have a CRT TV and a wii setup that I'd be willing to lend to help things go faster, if that makes a difference. :p
EDIT: Nevermind, that TV weighs about 100 lbs.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
ASLC, can I pay for salt fest in cash tomorrow? Also it says the smash tourney is 12-2, but then I noticed that it said video game GFs are a main event at 8-9. Is that how it'll be for smash as well, play through the tournament except for GFs and that'll wait till 8?

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
ASLC, can I pay for salt fest in cash tomorrow? Also it says the smash tourney is 12-2, but then I noticed that it said video game GFs are a main event at 8-9. Is that how it'll be for smash as well, play through the tournament except for GFs and that'll wait till 8?
Ya, we're selling Salt Fest weekend badges at Anime Salt Lake for $30. I think we're streaming grand finals for Marvel and Persona during the closing ceremony but I'm unsure if this is still happening.

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to thank everyone who came to the video game room at Anime Salt Lake and supporting. I hope to see you all at the next monthly, in april, and Salt Fest, in May.
Here are the tournament results for Smash Brothers Brawl:
http://challonge.com/aslc2013brawl

I also got some new guys that will, hopefully, start making it out to the monthlies so we'll see how that goes.

If you haven't already done so, please register for Salt Fest:
http://www.saltfest.org/registration.html

If you're willing to bring some setups and get in for a lot less, please fill this form out:
http://www.saltfest.org/supporter.html

Lykos-

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to preregister for only one day? I plan on arriving for Smash on Saturday and leaving the same day, and I'm reluctant to drop an extra $10 on a three-day pass.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Smash is currently schedule to take place on both Saturday and Sunday, so you'll miss half of it if you only get a 1-day pass (that is, unless you don't make it out of pools). I don't know if it's possible to buy a 1-day pass and upgrade to a full afterwards if needed by paying the $10 difference, but it's probably not possible.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I'm not planning on playing through Sunday personally.

Not that I'm expecting or planning to make it out of pools though xP *pwned*

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
So, I was talking with FTS the other day. Who all is confirmed for Salt Fest big name wise for melee? For that matter even, who are all of our melee players here? Probably would be good to figure these things out :p

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I switched over to a new game man, and if you look at results, Im not just trying, Im succeeding ;)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So after spending some time playing MvC3, Im still awful at it, but I think Ive found my team: Viewtiful Joe/Shuma Gorath/Doctor Strange

loooooool

Top Bottom