• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Dang it Buzz, don't steal my questions XD

Tourney starts at 1:00 officially. Try to be there before for signUPS of course

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
There is actually a chance I'm going to team with one of the new guys coming from Provo now cause I found out he didn't have a teammate yet. But if he doesn't want to then yeah I'll team with you.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Buzz, why dont you and Tsuteto team. Youre both looking for teammates, and with how much you two have in common, I bet you'd get along just fine.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
^To me :cool:

But then I lost to what I have come to believe will be the bane of my existence, Tsuteto's spammy Zelda.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Excellent Tsuteto. We can now take on the role of bitter rivals, struggling against each other to the end of time!

Or we could just laugh about it and have a good time. Both sound fun to me. ;)

-Final-

Aria♪
Tourney was fun. Did pretty bad in Brawl Doubles and PSA, but survived through 5 or 6 matches in Brawl Singles. Definitely should of had a melee tourney.

Still not sure if I'll be going to Salt Fest.... I have no money. .-.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Are the final Brawl results gonna be posted anywhere?

MeatIsMurder, let's Melee more soon. You free any evenings?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
No prob. It's a great company to work with, plus you're eligible for benefits from day one. Something important to have, of course.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
PC shoutouts to you had a blast playing PM/melee with you, our skill levels are really close and the matches were totally enjoyable and stress free. I think we could grow a lot as players together, no homo, extra bromo
buzz you were really good too, you let on like you suck but you're actually pretty legit. and you beat my falco with young link which was rather embarassing
not like falco is my best character but I wouldn't say he's a slouch either

Really excited for salt fest. are there monthly melee tournaments at all? I have a huge interest in getting this scene to grow and I'd like to get active and help out with that, whatever it takes. I like everybody that I've met quite a bit and would really love to spend more time with you guys

glad everybody can look past my awful posting, too, don't know why I've always been such a terrible forum user

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well you could most definitely try running some melee events at the kafeneios monthlies.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I am 200% in favor of hosting a Melee event next month.

PC shoutouts to you had a blast playing PM/melee with you, our skill levels are really close and the matches were totally enjoyable and stress free. I think we could grow a lot as players together, no homo, extra bromo
buzz you were really good too, you let on like you suck but you're actually pretty legit. and you beat my falco with young link which was rather embarassing
not like falco is my best character but I wouldn't say he's a slouch either

Really excited for salt fest. are there monthly melee tournaments at all? I have a huge interest in getting this scene to grow and I'd like to get active and help out with that, whatever it takes. I like everybody that I've met quite a bit and would really love to spend more time with you guys

glad everybody can look past my awful posting, too, don't know why I've always been such a terrible forum user
I'm fighting to get a Melee scene rolling. I am more than happy to host smashfests or even biweekly mini-tournaments. Start small and work up, yes? I'll be busy this next weekend, but the following weekends, I'm down for Melee.

And yes, for how many years I've dumped into Young Link, I'd better have something to show for it. XD

Lykos-

Smash Rookie
The monthly was awesome. It's nice to finally have a bit of tournament experience. Hopefully next time I'll perform a bit better (and talk to more people/play more people outside of tournament matches and friendlies against the group I came up with).

Shoutouts to TheBuzzSaw for beating me in loser's bracket after suiciding twice in our first game. Good games. Hope to get a rematch some time.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
The tourney was a lot of fun, definitely. Project Melee was entertaining (especially our exact Zelda copy fights :p), and I can't believe I had such a hard time trying to play a tourney match in Brawl right after playing PSABR. My gosh I was totally ******** for the first several seconds.

It'll be interesting to see how the scene moves forward from here :)

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to thank everyone who came out for the monthly. You guys were telling me that it would be hard to get 32 people for Brawl at Salt Fest but you guys were able to get together and bring out 21 people for the monthly. There were even a few people there that I remember from before that were missing.

Concerning Melee. We don't mind running Melee if we can get some people interested so we could try running it next month, April.

Next week we have Anime Salt Lake for those interested in playing in another tournament http://www.animesaltlake.com/fight-club.html.

Don't forget about the supporter badges for Salt Fest. Even if you have no intention of playing, but want to go to the convention cheaper, go fill out this form http://www.saltfest.org/supporter.html

Once again, thanks everyone for their support so far.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
@Lykos, yeah, good games. I never enjoy having to recover from losing round one, but it was intense.

@Tsu, sorry I couldn't stick around for doubles. Next tournament, I won't have other plans muckin' up the works. I'll stay the whole time.

@ASLC, do you have the results for the tournament?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
The singles bracket was on that other computer that one of the tourney hosts brought cause Devon showed up late and almost missed the tourney lol. He has the doubles bracket though.

It was a fun tourney and a decent turnout. Glad to see so many new faces.

Is anyone going to the anime salt lake tourney next weekend?

Top Bottom