• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i mean there's always alleged hidden players in big numbers and high skill who are active but they literally never show up to the tournaments im at

so yeahh lol

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I may have you beat there actually... I have been known for pretty epic rage quits which may or may not involve breaking controllers via protecting them into the air, possibly at the ground at an unbelievable rate....
Wow.... i'm not even number one in raging? Wow i suck... guess i'll have to step up my game:p

Last edited:

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
shout outs to @ net1234 net1234 , after missing 18 calls from his parental unit at Tane's we may never see him again. A moment of silence for our resident 12 3/4 year old.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
@Jekyll Dude that was a great set we had. I'm freaking salty about all the times you saved @Death Arcana from my up throw rests in doubles. I'm gonna miss ya man
@Meleeruler Nice friendlies. We'll probably play in tourney in the future
@Remioli Dude...I feel like a jerk and I'm not gonna do that again
@ Tomacawk Tomacawk Gonna miss ya and I liked your commentary
@Idaho Peeps You guys are sick! Can't wait to see all you guys again
@ net1234 net1234 We should have won our first match in doubles
@ Ken Neth Ken Neth We got potential but I have no experience in melee teams
@Zankoku Tight stream! You Da Man!
@Vegas Peeps Finally got to meet you guys and you guys are sooooo freaking good
@MJG Dude you're tight

More shoutouts to come

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto Great tourney man and you did it with pools. Super fun
@Pumpinz shoutouts to you for somehow being signed up for PM without paying and for me not being signed up for PM and paying

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
What's the account name for the secondary stream? I had some matches on there that i wanted to see

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Shout out to Tsutetos dog for abandoning me like Meleeruler abandoned me

の 。の Felon

Smash Cadet
NNID
tjaketheman
Can anybody tell me where the information for the neumont smash jam is? I finally bought a car that can make the trip North and can't wait to put it good use!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
MAN TIM WHERE ARE THE RESULTS YOU WERE ONLY THE BEST TO.

butsrslyresultstosubmittosmashboards

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I don't think the facebook link works
Facebook is really stupid sometimes... I tried pasting it in again.... try again?

So here's what I'm thinking in regards to 1 stock Brawl. I'm going to be doing 1 Stock Pools.... and when it comes to bracket, we can decide whether we want to keep going with it or not. If people want to continue 1 stock, we'll keep going with it. if people want 3 stock, we can change to 3 stock. I'm worried that if we change to 3 stock after pools then it will not be fair to those who do well in 3 stock but poor in 1 stock but my view is that if you're good at 3 stock then 1 stock shouldn't be a problem. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
You should probably just keep the rules the same with the pools and the bracket. IMO the point of doing 1 stock is to try out a different meta game. And I think it would be unfair to have scrubs/lower level players play only 1 stock matches while the better players get to play both

Oh yeah and still not working

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
You should probably just keep the rules the same with the pools and the bracket. IMO the point of doing 1 stock is to try out a different meta game. And I think it would be unfair to have scrubs/lower level players play only 1 stock matches while the better players get to play both

Oh yeah and still not working
Ya... I guess I'm just gonna put it up to the Brawl players... I'll be entering Brawl as well and I wouldn't mind either way. Most of the people I've asked are cool with 1 stock... so far I've only had one person say no and that was Zz.

And I don't know why FB isn't working. Does the FB link on the tournament page work?

の 。の Felon

Smash Cadet
NNID
tjaketheman
Hey everyone! Just reminding all of you that Smash Jam 2 is THIS Saturday! Be there!

Tournament Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...2-salt-lake-city-ut-salt-lake-city-ut.354011/
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/734970536553891/

[/quote
Hey everyone! Just reminding all of you that Smash Jam 2 is THIS Saturday! Be there!

Tournament Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...2-salt-lake-city-ut-salt-lake-city-ut.354011/
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/734970536553891/

Sorry if that copied twice, my mobile browser blows. So is registration just anytime between 10 and 12 then?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
If you're going to try out one-stock, stick to it through the whole event. If not, just stick to the old rule set. Don't stress over flip-flopping midway.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Sorry if that copied twice, my mobile browser blows. So is registration just anytime between 10 and 12 then?
Basically... if the event hasn't started, you can still register. So you if you're only gonna play brawl, you don't have to show up before 12 and wait until 5:00 for example. PM will be the first event and registration for that will end at 12:00... the only leeway I can give out is by giving someone a bye if Round 1 hasn't ended yet. The same applies to the other events.

ZykrathOfficial

Smash Cadet
@ Mr. Fox Mr. Fox and @TheGrifBaller if you can get your crew of the four of you, my boys Amm0, 2Johns, Roguay and myself will happily crew match you at the Neumont tourney this week. Also Shiro you might have to bring out that godlike Falco of yours :falcomelee: Bring your best and don't get salty when we bop ya :salt::shaker::salt::shaker::salt:

Last edited:
Hello Utah. This is D.M.W. I'm thinking I should get my name on here switched haha. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the great tournament :) First post in like...2 years right here. O.o

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hello Utah. This is D.M.W. I'm thinking I should get my name on here switched haha. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the great tournament :) First post in like...2 years right here. O.o
You should also get that avatar updated; that low-quality blur from getting enlarged too much. XD

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
@ Mr. Fox Mr. Fox and @TheGrifBaller if you can get your crew of the four of you, my boys Amm0, 2Johns, Roguay and myself will happily crew match you at the Neumont tourney this week. Also Shiro you might have to bring out that godlike Falco of yours :falcomelee: Bring your best and don't get salty when we bop ya :salt::shaker::salt::shaker::salt:
I'm down for this, but you guys are too free for me to use spacies. I'll take your challenge with solely Pika. Also, sorry but Grif is too scrubby atm for me to trust in a crew, I'm still coaching him. My crew will be (if they accept) @Support , @Pumpinz , and @-Mars- .

Last edited:

ZykrathOfficial

Smash Cadet
I'm down for this, but you guys are too free for me to use spacies. I'll take your challenge with solely Pika. Also, sorry but Grif is too scrubby atm for me to trust in a crew, I'm still coaching him. My crew will be (if they accept) @Support , @Pumpinz , and @-Mars- .
Alright dude. Hype for Mars though, I'm salty and need a rematch from our tournament set.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Question to all the Brawl players for Smash Jam 2:
Would you like to try out 1-Stock Brawl at Neumont? It'll be Bo5 and there will be pools.
I'd rather not, but let's be honest; I'll enter any kind of Brawl tourney.

Shoutout to @ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 for maintaining the number one spot in the controller throwing rankings.
Shoutout to @Remioli for one of the funniest posts I've ever seen.

@-Mars- I really appreciate you helping me so much and coaching me, I feel like I've gotten a lot better really fast. Also, I'm salty af about you and Samson beating me and Rocky.

@Rockmix - Mega props for being such a ****ing awesome partner. I always have so much fun teaming with you, especially when our teamwork is on point. Also, super mega props and free rim jobs for life for always being willing to drive out to random ass fests I host up here. For people who don't know, Rocky drives from Orem to SLC all the ****ing time. Such a gangstuh. Also also, chilling with you outside of smash has been super fun too.

@DevoN - Wtf, I didn't even see you there. I thought you had gotten lost walking over.

@Sexy Yaz - I will beat you, and I'm going to do it very soon.

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
What game will be played for the Crew Battle?

Also... shoutouts to CIS vs NE for the second longest Dota 2 match. Fricken 116min....... ugh.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom