• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Hey Shiro I have your memory card

Also Tomacawk, Wangston is not Samson

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
also, samson...
>>matrices
bring your own matrices guys, one matrix is not enough
Wait...did you just call Wangston, Samson? Wangston is not Samson. I See is Samson. Wangston just has Samson's picture as his avatar.

EDIT: I didn't even notice a new page was posted before posting this. LOL

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Utah county has 64 on lock. Jelly and I would take everyone else out by storm.

Also I have a car for just this week while my girlfriend is on spring break. I would be willing to got to a fest on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday night. Anyone want to meet in slc, rj's or anywhere else within 45 mins of provo?
I'm down

ZerosUT

Smash Cadet
Shiro - Fox dittos were intense man, looking forward to more of them in the future

Mars - No more warrio pls

Final - I love the DK/Fox matchup, so out of control. Some whacky matches for sure

Devon - Marth is too hard :(

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
guys what do if ur best char by far is someone u particularly dont enjoy that much (unless u win)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Shiro - Fox dittos were intense man, looking forward to more of them in the future

Final - I love the DK/Fox matchup, so out of control. Some whacky matches for sure

Wario da Bess.

Alright, you think I could come by and get it tomorrow?
Yea

guys what do if ur best char by far is someone u particularly dont enjoy that much (unless u win)
Depends on what you value more...winning or having fun.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
I'm in the same situation. My Falco has become pretty amazing, but I hate the character. I'm just working on solely Fox now cuz he's my favorite. It takes a bit of work, but as Jekyll said you can win with any character if you put in enough effort.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
I'm in the same situation. My Falco has become pretty amazing, but I hate the character. I'm just working on solely Fox now cuz he's my favorite. It takes a bit of work, but as Jekyll said you can win with any character if you put in enough effort.
...especially if that character's last name is McCloud

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
My Spring Break is this week, too, so I'm down with having a Smashfest somewhere. RJ's place would probably be the best place, since it's big and closer for the Utah County people. It's just the lack of CRTs that's the problem.
I can't go anywhere tonight, since my mom took my car to work due to her car having some problems, but I can host a small one at my place if no more than 5 people come. I have 1 CRT and 1 HD TV. Someone can bring another CRT if they want, though. Who's interested?

Last edited:

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi

Yeah I had the same trouble against Devon's Marth with the chaingrabbing into Dair edgeguard. Is the MU just really bad for Fox, or am I just playing it wrong? Can you DI out of the chain?

Shylock

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1943-0839
My Spring Break is this week, too, so I'm down with having a Smashfest somewhere. RJ's place would probably be the best place, since it's big and closer for the Utah County people. It's just the lack of CRTs that's the problem.
I can't go anywhere tonight, since my mom took my car to work due to her car having some problems, but I can host a small one at my place if no more than 5 people come. I have 1 CRT and 1 HD TV. Someone can bring another CRT if they want, though. Who's interested?
I'm definitely up for a smash fest this week. I've got Thursday and Friday off work. I really need to get used to match ups before the next tourney. I'm really good against Marth annnnnnd that's about it XD

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Has anyone tried to get Vegas to come to the tournament on the 22nd? If it gets over 30 people like the facebook page says it will (but that's a count of people clicking on a button, so yeah...), then it may be worth their time to carpool here.
We already have people from Idaho and New Jersey coming, afterall. ;)

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Has anyone tried to get Vegas to come to the tournament on the 22nd? If it gets over 30 people like the facebook page says it will (but that's a count of people clicking on a button, so yeah...), then it may be worth their time to carpool here.
We already have people from Idaho and New Jersey coming, afterall. ;)
Left a message for them on their Facebook page. Saw no discussion about it. Maybe somebody who has tighter ties could pull something better?

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
Left a message for them on their Facebook page. Saw no discussion about it. Maybe somebody who has tighter ties could pull something better?
just gave it a shot, im part of the 702 Melee group even though i dont know them fools

challenger approaching, pichu main

be afraid

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I'm currently in Vegas and plan to see them hopefully this week. I'll talk to them about it.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Double awesome. I think I saw one person RSVP from Vegas, not sure about anyone else. Hopefully they do, maybe we'll get a three state crew battle going on XD

ZerosUT

Smash Cadet
Yeah I had the same trouble against Devon's Marth with the chaingrabbing into Dair edgeguard. Is the MU just really bad for Fox, or am I just playing it wrong? Can you DI out of the chain?
No, you have to laser camp him and don't get grabbed by the edge. If he grabs you near the edge the double fthrow to dair is guaranteed. Devon says the matchup is even, but I sincerely disagree, as does mars. 60/40 IMO because laser camp can win the game if you don't get grabbed into an early spike

wangston

Smash Lord
So do you guys have a strong PM community?
Not really much in utah county. Most people where like me and dismissed pm as just another brawl hack. However since, 3.0.2 has come out I sat down and actually played it. It is really good, it has everything I like from brawl and melee into one nice package. So here in provo/orem we are starting to play it much more.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
laser camping marth is usually a bad idea. you need to learn how to di his combos. think about marth combos: there's 2 ways you will die. you will get tipped, or you will get spiked. so DI in ways that you will not allow marf to end combos with tipped fsmashes and dairs. the only other way marth will kill you is with edge guards, and if you're smart with recovery, you don't have much to worry about, as long as you don't recover from low

Tomacawk

Smash Master
even easier, just di away (or actually your di doesn't matter you can do in too) and spam air dodge until you break out of hte combo

Top Bottom