• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

ThePoophandler

Smash Cadet
Ken and yaz I can host yall at my place I'm just off work I only have melee but a few tvs GET AT ME. 801-390-5158.

Edit: yaz you faced me first round of melee singles at cafe neo if'n you don't remember me.

Double edit!: is it cool if I come smash wherever you all are at? I don't really have anyones numbers cept rj's.

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
:( Group project not letting come out to a fest.... I wanted to practice before tomorrow so bad! Back to practicing tech skill and movement on my own.

Well.... looks like I'll be in losers bracket from the start and maybe win one before I get knocked out... again.

IB4 I wreck everyone ;)

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
there's 6 of us coming from cedar to play in ogden tomorrow. STOKED

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
if my crew gets there at 11:45am can we still make it to play PM? we're on our way

Tuesday

Smash Ace
if my crew gets there at 11:45am can we still make it to play PM? we're on our way
PM starts at noon, so you should be good.

On another note, I'm taking the train. Would anyone at the venue with a car be willing to pick me up? Ogden station is close to the venue, but still far enough for me to prefer not walking.

-Final-

Aria♪
The venue is really close to the Ogden station by the looks of it.

Anyways, I literally just flew back into Utah 2 hours ago, so I probably missed melee/PM... I'll be there in like 30 minutes for whatever's left, though.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The venue is really close to the Ogden station by the looks of it.

Anyways, I literally just flew back into Utah 2 hours ago, so I probably missed melee/PM... I'll be there in like 30 minutes for whatever's left, though.
Melee hasn't started yet?

Dystopi-I

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, it's John Toral. Some of you may know me, most of you won't, I used to main Sonic in vBrawl. I was just wondering who here plays Project:M and if there were any smashfests or tourneys going around for Project:M. I have a couple friends of mine who also want to get into the Utah Smash scene for P:M.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
You just missed one in Ogden today. Next one is mine in two weeks. Details at the Gamers's Abbey Facebook page, or through a link in my signature

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Only thing I ate today was a leftover piece of pizza at 9am. Feeling super womp.

Melee tournaments are legitimately bad for my health. Good thing there isn't a rehab for this sort of thing (outside Japan).

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
PM

1: Sinz ($66.00)
2: MVP ($33.00)
3: Jackyll ($11.00)
4: meleeruler
5: apples
5: Dark Reign Prince
7: baby
7: W0rri0
9: Neon
9: messiah
9: thane
9: Regan
13: Senpi
13: The Ginge
13: 2 Johns
13: adlp
17: Grif
17: YUNG
17: Flaz
17: shiro
25: Princess Celestia
25: Splee

Melee

1: Sinz ($69.00)
2: meleeruler ($34.50)
3: MewTwerKing ($11.50)
4: Roguay
5: Mars
5: apples
7: zykrath
7: Masked Epsilon
9: Princess Celestia
9: Support
9: Worrio
9: adlp
13: Muthafoxin Gangstakirby
13: PoopHandler
13: ClockWork
13: sexy
17: YUNG
17: Final
17: kim
17: The Ginge
17: Grif
17: bobert
25: shiro

Attachments

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
PM bracket and shoutouts

@Jakyll Dude your wolf was freaking insane. You forced me off of my Snake. I was really impressed

@MVP You keep getting better and better. Good luck man. I love our games. They were super fun.

@ Meleeruler Meleeruler whole block of

@ -Mars- -Mars- Always good to see you man.

@RJ I know you are reading this. Thanks for being there.

More to come when I wake back up.

(Double posted so I could upload both brackets because I can only upload one per post)

Attachments

Last edited:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh boy oh boy that tournament. Great tournament, though it would have been cooler with more setups and more of the top-tier Utah people. Regardless though, some good stuff. And we even had some Roy-For-Alls.

Shoutouts:
@ Support. Support. : Great tournament yet again. Hopefully next time we can get a stream or capture card (and more setups). I wouldn't mind pseudo-TOing again, either.
@ Tuesday Tuesday : Jesus dude that set. The set was so dang intense my body couldn't handle another and I got bopped by Sinz in GFs. Regardless though, both our bracket set and friendlies were great, and the videos for our set were recorded so those'll be up eventually, not that anyone in their right mind would want to watch Puff vs Icies, but yeah. We'll definitely have to play more next time around.
@ Sinz Sinz : That Yoshi's though.
@MVP : What the heck dude, why are you so good. Next time I'll have to break out my secondaries and see what I can do. Great Mario and great DK, man.
@ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 : Good stuff, the Great Salt Lake was contained and we got some friendlies in. Your Doc is definitely getting better. Maybe next time I'll ban Yoshi's.
@apples25 : How can someone who has only been playing for so long have tech skill that developed. You are really good, dude. Both your Marth and your Falco.
@MaskedEpsilon : How can one Samus be so dang campy, what even in the heck dude. That matchup is supposed to be like 99.99 - 00.01 in Puff's favor yet I was getting the business. We'll definitely that money match going next time around. Would have done it tonight but the bracket pretty much destroyed me.
@Jackyl : Dude your Wolf is the stuff, man. You definitely need to come to more of these. I'll have to try some of my other characters against you next time. Maybe next time I won't get comboed to 60% every time, too. Maybe.
@Dark Reign Prince : Supper sorry about the bracket mishap dude, next time we'll compensate, I promise. Really sorry again.
@Cedar City broskis : You guys brought the hype train, and it was awesome.
@Baby : You were like what, 10 years old? You are amazing, dude. I can't imagine being that good at the game when I was that young. I'll have to make sure to play you next time.
@Regan : Here's a link to an active admin that should be able to help you: http://smashboards.com/members/warchamp7.75665/
@Everyone else : Had a lot of fun playing friendlies and bracket matches with you all.
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos , @Tomacawk , @ Jekyll Jekyll , @ Tsuteto Tsuteto : What the heck you guys, come on. Shoot, man. Jeeze.

Winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals of Melee will all be uploaded eventually. Superw0rri0 you need to send me the winners finals, though.

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
@ Meleeruler Meleeruler ya that set took a lot outta me haha. Especially since I hadn't even planned on playing ICs today. I was completely mentally unprepared for the most mentally strenuous type of game, and I couldn't hang. GGs, you deserve it. Next time let's just Fox ditto lol.

Last edited:

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Thanks everyone for showing up!
Shoutouts:
@ adlp adlp thanks for the money match bro intense lol
@ Sinz Sinz hey you left you laptop charger I have it ok?
@Everyone for being so amazing!!
Sorry for all the mess up my head wasn't in the game and I got overwhelmed sorry :( Next one will be better.

We capped at 43 people!! Ye!!!

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
heyo that was some fun **** sorry if my fellas got a little rowdy

cant wait till the 22nd ill make sure to practice up some more

Skull Kid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chuggbert
3DS FC
0748-3351-1612
So time for some life johns... :( I was super stoked to attend my first tourney. Unfortunately, I had a funeral to attend instead and was asked to perform in the service. But @ Support. Support. , thanks for inviting me. I really do wish I could've come. I didn't get done w/ all the funeral stuff 'til about 4.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
just got home lol

next tourney... SLC vs cedar city crew battle?
yo we'll go full ham on you SLC folk after we get some more practice in

it was all of our first smash tourney so we're scheming how to approach the next one

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Thanks everyone for showing up!
Shoutouts:
@ adlp adlp thanks for the money match bro intense lol
@ Sinz Sinz hey you left you laptop charger I have it ok?
@Everyone for being so amazing!!
Sorry for all the mess up my head wasn't in the game and I got overwhelmed sorry :( Next one will be better.

We capped at 43 people!! Ye!!!
aww ****.

I will have to make it down sometime this week to grab that. Thanks for taking of care of it

Top Bottom