• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
Yo! Anyone got a spare or broken controller I can have my controller is on it's last legs and my tri wing isn't here yet. . .
you dont *need* a tri-wing to open up a GCC; if you have a flathead that's small enough you can wedge it in the corners of the weird triangular-hole and open it that way. it's tricky, but doable

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If you're a baller you can melt the tip of the plastic part of a pen and use that.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
If anybody wants, I have a 27 inch Panasonic CRT that I want to get rid of. Great for playing on, not too fun to haul back and forth (though it is able to be moved by one person). Lemme know.

EDIT: Support has laid claim to it

Last edited:

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I have some terrible news. I will be leaving the smash community I don't have the skill to hang with any of our players and yeah, so no tourney on the 8th at
Game Vault
2671 Washington Blvd
Ogden, UT 84401
All jokes aside, post a schedule plox.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Encounter 2
(All da single ladies)
March 8th 2014

That is right guys this tourney will be singles only! Why? Because we have a bunch of games hurr durr and not enough time

So! Lets get right to it

Venue 3$
Event 5$
Registration starts at 11:30-11:55 AM
12:00 Project Melee
Est. 2:00 Melee!
Est. 4:30 Brawl
Est. 6:30 Smash 64

rule set is following Apex 2014

Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/216017695262346/
Last time, since no one can go back and look lol

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Crews will probably still happen just not a set thing

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Going over to RJs tonight to play some old school games.

But if people show up were down to play Melee,Brawl, Scrabble, Spin the Bottle....whatever you guys want

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
if there's a crew battle for project m I for sure have a crew

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Smash fest my place tonight at 7. I've got two set ups, possibly a third, so I can run brawl, melee, and pm at the same time.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Mine is more in depth than the event.
No, it's not. They are simply conflicting information. Your post says "12:00 Project Melee" and the facebook page says "First event is 11:30 AM". "Registration starting at 11:30" and "First event is 11:30" does not equate to the same thing.

Edit: So Tsuteto made that facebook event page? I didn't even realize that. Regardless, you told me over PM that it started at 11:30, too, which still conflicts with your post.

Last edited:

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
No, it's not. They are simply conflicting information. Your post says "12:00 Project Melee" and the facebook page says "First event is 11:30 AM". "Registration starting at 11:30" and "First event is 11:30" does not equate to the same thing.

Edit: So Tsuteto made that facebook event page? I didn't even realize that. Regardless, you told me over PM that it started at 11:30, too, which still conflicts with your post.
Why does it matter if i moved it a half hour later? I figured placing it 30 mins later would be convinent for people coming, understand? #LettheTOfailonhisown

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
That was more trouble than it could have been. I saw conflicting information, so I simply asked which was the correct one. At least it's been settled.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably get to the Ogden tourney in time for Brawl. And play friendlies in whatever. I'm not heading back to SLC though. I'll be hanging out with some Ogden friends drinking adult beverages. So if anyone in Salt Lake wants to go play Brawl, and either stay in O town or find another way back, I'll drive. I doubt there will be anyone doing so haha.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hey all, updated the tournament for the 22nd to include Project M Doubles. Only thing this majorly changes is Melee Singles starting an hour earlier, so please account for that.

Don't forget to mark yourself as going to the event on the Facebook page. Also, don't forget to share with friends! If you know somewhere that will allow a flyer, please feel free to print one off from the attachment attached!

https://www.facebook.com/events/259898977516860/?source=1

Attachments

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Do you want me to pay for the meeting room out of pocket?

You could essentially get the venue fee waived. Just two conditions have to be met. 1) Get 75 people marked going to the tournament on the Facebook page, and 2) Bring a set up. There may be a third thing though that you yourself can be in control of... give me a bit on that. Working on a side project at the moment.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Should clarify, just in case it wasn't there (it is in the event page): A full set-up waives $5. You can bring multiple, but obviously you'll peak at $10 (could pass on extras to friends and what not). Just need to know how many if multiple, and what games you'll be bringing (melee would be the best currently, since I've gotten, like, 7 copies of Brawl over the past small while >.>)

EDIT: Oh yeah, made an event thingy here on Smashboards for those that want details without the need to go through Facebook: http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-22-2014-gamers-abbey-a-smashers-tale-orem-ut.349624/

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So I just realized that I'm scheduled to work until 12:30 PM this Saturday (I'm usually never scheduled on a Saturday). That means I'll miss the P:M tournament, making it not really worth it to come up there as well as pay the venue fee just to enter one event (especially since I'll be leaving at 6, anyway).

Last edited:

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Stuff I need back
Staz/Steve - Golden Sun
Marz/Sam - Fire Emblem NGC & Wii
ISee/Samson - Yu Yu Hakusho
PC/Thin - USB
Rocky/Jeremiah - Mirrors Edge
Tuesday - Controller
Final/Hunter - Persona 4

Stuff I need to give back
Marz/Sam - Judge Dredd & Batman
ISer/Samson - DBZ Season 7
Final/Hunter - Pikmin 2

I'm working Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday of next week. If people can find a time and date and give me addresses so I can pick stuff up on next Tuesday and Thursday that would be great.

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Stuff I need back
Staz/Steve - Golden Sun
Marz/Sam - Fire Emblem NGC & Wii
ISee/Samson - Yu Yu Hakusho
PC/Thin - USB
Rocky/Jeremiah - Mirrors Edge
Tuesday - Controller
Final/Hunter - Persona 4

Stuff I need to give back
Marz/Sam - Judge Dredd & Batman
ISer/Samson - DBZ Season 7
Final/Hunter - Pikmin 2

I'm working Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday of next week. If people can find a time and date and give me addresses so I can pick stuff up on next Tuesday and Thursday that would be great.
Come down anytime in the evening whenever you want

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I just realized that I'm scheduled to work until 12:30 PM this Saturday (I'm usually never scheduled on a Saturday). That means I'll miss the P:M tournament, making it not really worth it to come up there as well as pay the venue fee just to enter one event (especially since I'll be leaving at 6, anyway).
PCCCCCCCCCC

Top Bottom