• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

wangston

Smash Lord
The byu tourney had an 18 person turnout. We played smash 64. I won. They called me the Jiggernaut because my jiggs was so good.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
GGs MVP. I'm gonna have to start practicing 64 more often. Just watch out, apparently my skill at Ness transfers over to the other DJC character on the roster ;)

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I'd say either MVP or Sinz.... after me of course ;)

TBH I really haven't evaluated the pm players so I could be wrong on this

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
As of how it is, MVP would be best I think, followed by cluster**** of X, PC, and Sinz, then me, then who knows

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Pretty sure finite was supposed to be tonight. I personally cant go either night though unfortunately.

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
FYI - Most of the details have been posted for the FanXperience Tournament happening in April. Check out the Event page here on Smash Boards - http://smashboards.com/threads/apr-...ash-bros-tournament-salt-lake-city-ut.348851/
Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1377108502549680/

Some things we are trying to nail down (but should be figured out soon) - Prizes, and Bracket structure. We already have these figured out (mostly) but still have some final details to work out and I hope to have it up by the end of next week.

Pre-registation will still probably be awhile, hopefully by mid-March. We have a guy that's building it for us and it will be up on saltlakecomiccon.com. It will be nice because you'll be able to enter and pay fees all beforehand and it will make for a quick registration process at the tournament.

If you're interested in volunteering at the tournament, send me an email - chris.b -at- slcomiccon.com. If you have any questions about the event, I can answer those too.

We want this to be huge! Let's the the west some recognition for having a big tournament. Be sure to share the Facebook event page with anyone that may be interested.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, it looks like TwitchPlaysPokemon finally beat the game. It was only a few hours short to reaching 400 hours of playtime. Surprised it was even accomplished at all.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That flawless KO on Rhydon though. Switch out Zapdos for Nidoking and Surf for the OHKO. Mmmmm, I came.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL I wonder what would have happened if that last Blizzard would have hit Zapdos switching in. Might not have KO'ed it, but it would be very close to being KO'ed at least, and if Zapdos would have been KO'ed, the other two would probably go down, leading to a restart of that pretty lucky run. Would have sucked to lose to Blue's last Pokemon like that...
And a countdown to a "new adventure" in 26 hours, huh. I'm guessing it'll be Pokemon Gold.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It wouldnt have, people ran calcs and the damage range was 46-52% damage and Zapdos had I believe 56%. A crit though.

And I REALLY hope its Gold next. Im so hyped for Morty's gym lmao.

Last edited:

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
@ BigK_201 BigK_201
So is it brawl singles only?
For this tournament, that't the plan right now - Brawl Singles only. There are some time constraints with this tournament as we only have one day to get through prelims, and then we plan to have the final matches at the FanX convention.

But, this isn't the only tournament we'll be having. With future tournament, I won't rule out adding in Melee and doubles matches for both games.

Top Bottom