• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Game Vault
2671 Washington Blvd
Ogden, UT 84401

Beat sinz to it fufu :3 if we get enough people to do a 4v4 crew battle then you got a deal! Also newbies don't feel discourage, you have to suck to get better right? So show up and play a ton of friendlies.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I think Yaz, Kenny, Devon, Sinz, X over just those 4 in a Melee crew battle.

Let's not be ridiculous, just cuz most of you guys suck doesn't mean they're that good lol

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
More details have been figured out for the FanX Super Smash Bros. Tournament:

We're happy to announce that we've found a great venue to hold the preliminaries for the Super Smash Bros. Tournament. We'll be renting out the East Douglas room of the University of Utah Guest House on Saturday, April 12th. Its a good sized room with high ceilings and some natural light (but not so much that it would be a problem with TVs).

Another piece of the puzzle has been found. Stayed tuned for more updates!

You can check the Smash Boards Event page and the Facebook Event page for future updates. Please RSVP on the Facebook event page if you plan on attending.

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace

Let's not be ridiculous, just cuz most of you guys suck doesn't mean they're that good lol
This is true. Any one of these guys could beat me honestly. I think Tomacawk, Yaz, X, and Sinz vs Jekyll, PC, Kenny and I would be fairly even. Maybe a little stacked on Toma's crew. Switch Yaz and Kenny for balance.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Find someone you enjoy playing.

IMO.

I think the best melee player in state is probably Tomacawk. Then I think Jekyll then I think Yaz, X, Tuesday, PC, Me, MeleeRuler.
I haven't seen Devon play Melee so I don't have an opinion. Same with Kenny its been too long since I've seen him play Melee.

edit: we have 11 people looking at this thread right now.

Last edited:

Tuesday

Smash Ace
PC cleaned me in our match -_-;

With Sheik, no less. Now, you could say I'm harder to beat due to matchup, but he's definitely the better player.

I haven't seen Devon play Melee so I don't have an opinion. Same with Kenny its been too long since I've seen him play Melee.

edit: we have 11 people looking at this thread right now.
Don't sleep on Devon. He pretends he doesn't play melee but he almost beat me in tournament, and our money match. Both went to game 3. His Fox needs way better decision making, but he's no joke.

Last edited:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, PC are you going to the Game Vault tourney on the 8th? Because I didn't get a chance to play you in Melee last time.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Don't sleep on Devon. He pretends he doesn't play melee but he almost beat me in tournament, and our money match. Both went to game 3. His Fox needs way better decision making, but he's no joke.
It's true, he's a solid Melee player. I'm always a little surprised.

MVP

Smash Ace
Do PM crews man. Its much more exciting seeing a variety of characters team together. Plus PM got dat crew mode ;)

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Do PM crews man. Its much more exciting seeing a variety of characters team together. Plus PM got dat crew mode ;)
If you look at the lineup I posted for the melee crew, everyone plays a different character. Except Sinz and Tomacawk both play Fox I think.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
With all this talk and hype about crew battles and who's good etc. and me not being including just makes me want to play more Melee and get on that list :3

Anyone want to have a fest this weekend?
Maybe I can get our gaming club to host friday night at Neumont

Speaking of our gaming club.... I'm getting tired of how passive we are... so I think next quarter I'm going to start a Smash Club and foster a Neumont Smash scene. Considering I'm the best in the school, everyone else accept for 2 others will suck but that's just how things gotta start out amiright?

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Venue confirmed. Mark the date of March 22nd on your calendars folks. Freakin' share this with everyone you know. I'll be putting up some flyers in the game stores and arcades I can down here. Will post an image of the flyer once I have it.

As a reminder, anyone who brings a full set-up will get $5 off the venue fee. Full set-up is a Wii, Game disc, and CRT TV (please try to refrain from the super small ones). There are also goals to be had.

50 people marked going: Pizza. One large pizza for every 8 people.
75 people marked going: Venue fee is dropped to $5.
100 people who actually attend: I will dress up as Zelda for Salt Fest.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
How about... I give you a file when it's ready, and then you can print them ^^;;

Also, thanks to awesomeness from y'all, Gamer's Abbey has 33 likes already. Because of that, I'm now able to change the web address to just be www.facebook.com/GamersAbbey for ease. Event page is still a mess though (points to signature). If you haven't signed up as going yet, do so. If you have, SHARE IT. The Helix Fossil demands it!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol this means Ill need to get 2 weekends off in a row... Hopefully this is fine, but even if its not, ill still be there, just wont be able to stay as long.

Also, Im just about to leave for your place Tane, so Ill be there in probably 45 mins or so. Also, when I said set up, I actually only meant TV, I still need a Wii to plug into it, so someone with an extra wii bring that!

Last edited:

Marokazam

Smash Rookie
What part of Ogden do you live in!? I have a couple smashers out here in Ogden. Im working on a perma venue for Weeklys but there is a tourney i am hosting on the 8th at GameVault at 2761 Washington Blvd. At like 11:00
I live in Roy! I can try to make that tourny on the 8th.

Lol this means Ill need to get 2 weekends off in a row... Hopefully this is fine, but even if its not, ill still be there, just wont be able to stay as long.

Also, Im just about to leave for your place Tane, so Ill be there in probably 45 mins or so. Also, when I said set up, I actually only meant TV, I still need a Wii to plug into it, so someone with an extra wii bring that!
Then you pause and cry every time? I know I do :love:

I could get it if I got off my lazy *** and decided to install it.

SoCal! SoCal! SoCal! SoCal! Where were you from in SoCal? I'm from Rancho Cucamonga.

How can I sign up to get notifications?
EDIT: Figured it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice
Venue confirmed. Mark the date of March 22nd on your calendars folks. Freakin' share this with everyone you know. I'll be putting up some flyers in the game stores and arcades I can down here. Will post an image of the flyer once I have it.

As a reminder, anyone who brings a full set-up will get $5 off the venue fee. Full set-up is a Wii, Game disc, and CRT TV (please try to refrain from the super small ones). There are also goals to be had.

Hey I'll bring a melee setup! I joined the facebook event too.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I pretty much just listed people in the top 6 from last weekend's tournament that will likely be at Support's tournament (I don't think Yaz and X will show up). And I haven't seen Devon and Sinz play Melee in a while so I don't even know how much they've improved.
I hope this tournament gets anywhere between 75-99 players!
then I think Yaz, X, Tuesday, PC, Me, MeleeRuler.
I'm guessing this part is in no particular order?

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I pretty much just listed people in the top 6 from last weekend's tournament that will likely be at Support's tournament (I don't think Yaz and X will show up). And I haven't seen Devon and Sinz play Melee in a while so I don't even know how much they've improved.
I hope this tournament gets anywhere between 75-99 players!
I'm guessing this part is in no particular order?
It was in an order. But I didn't realize you had beaten Tuesday. So you should be moved up above Tuesday on the list. I just wasn't sure since I hadn't seen you play in forever(other than one friendly double =/) But I figured you were still a ton better than me

Also, @ Tsuteto Tsuteto I'd prefer you come in a Kill la Kill outfit. It would be too funny.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Would you prefer Lorelei PC? :p
But then I would be obligated to cosplay Lance (although that would be cool to do).
It was in an order. But I didn't realize you had beaten Tuesday.
I also beat X last weekend, FYI. Personally, I think Yaz, X, and I have always been relatively even in skill level that it's hard to rank us. We just all have various degrees of rust right now, unfortunately.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね

wangston

Smash Lord

Also there is a smash tourney tomorrow at byu. It's a $5 dollar fee. all the money goes to charity. THERE ARE NO PRIZES!!! You just get the pride of winning. This will be a scrubfest, but they play with tourney rules. It's start's at 5:30 and it's the the wilkinson center on BYU campus in "The Wall" a mormon "bar/venue" on the first floor in the south east corner of the wilkinson center.

"CARE WEEK VIDEO GAMES
5:00pm - 7:30pm - Care Week Video Games: The event is a joint effort between the Allied Health Club and Quark, the scifi and fantasy clubs respectively. A single $5 donation to Primary Children's Hospital is appreciated. Super Smash Brothers, Mario Cart, and even classic Super Smash Brothers will be on the Wall big screens for your enjoyment."

Afterwards there will be a smashfest at my place.

Also bust a nut.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
guys great news i found some melee and 64 players here in Cedar City and introduced them to Project M and they love it and they are willing to go to the ogden tournament on the 8th. so +5 players confirmed, including me

st0ked

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Nice job adlp! Wish I could be there to greet them. You should make them come to the one on the 22nd as well

Top Bottom