• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Sadly that's how a lot of issues, period, end up being. It's not a detriment to the scene, just something that has happened. If anyone is holding a grudge after 4 years, so be it. Not my problem (heck, that was even two months before I even got home from my mission 0.0)

I should probably make a FB page for the Smash side of Salt Fest....

Ok guys, I guess it's time to come clean.
I stole all the things.
I would give them back, but I bartered it all for hookers and booze.

Please forgive
I blame black people.
Mars called it.

EDIT: Freakin' smashboards freaking out on me and making freakin' double posts... freak....

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
well of all the habits to fuel theft, i'd imagine booze and hookers are a decent gig, if we're talking professional call girls

whenever v-day happens and i'm actually in a relationship i ****in BETTER get laid

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
no that is a serious post by sinz and red dog
and i wanted people to know how serious they are
Actually that was RJ. Marz knows what I'm talking about :D

I was annoyed at X because he asked if he could borrow my gamecube and melee for a week to practice for some oos tourney. I said sure. I call him the following week. "What i never borrowed anything from you."

Somehow I completely missed that part about red dog. Thanks for pointing that out. I feel trolled now.

EDIT: In other news, somehow sound is working for stream again. Dunno why. Technology, blah. Will run some tLive tests later. Any requests in particular? Brawl, brawl-, PM, or other mods, etc.
I think Travis was hosting some tourney that was supposed to be big but wasn't. I don't remember if it just failed or just didn't happen.

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
What do they mean by grassroots? Like they're planning for MLG Melee to grow and this is just kind of the start?

Last edited:

Jekyll

Smash Ace
What do they mean by grassroots? Like they're planning for MLG Melee to grow and this is just kind of the start?
Someone else can add onto this if I'm missing something, but it basically means that these will be events that are planned and run by the community. MLG will probably provide some support, coverage and a pot bonus.

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
So I saw a video called "why is smash bros popular to black people?"
Yeah it had to be one if the most prejudice yet funny thing I've seen a while :3

Tomacawk

Smash Master
there is actually a socio-economic argument for why the FGC is markedly minority, and it essentially goes that these games were always pay-to-play arcade machines for $.25 or a LAN only console game where one person could get it and the whole community would come and play. lower economic class = more likely to take these cheaper alternatives, vs having a new computer to play pc games, a stable internet connection to play online, etc

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I have come to the realization that the Super Smash Bros series is an over glorified hunting game in which you hunt down others to "kill" them and make trophies out of them for your own personal display.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I thought it was a dating simulator.

This explains things.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
there is actually a socio-economic argument for why the FGC is markedly minority, and it essentially goes that these games were always pay-to-play arcade machines for $.25 or a LAN only console game where one person could get it and the whole community would come and play. lower economic class = more likely to take these cheaper alternatives, vs having a new computer to play pc games, a stable internet connection to play online, etc
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...y-in-hispanic-communities-can-someone-explain

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
ill see man got a couple things going today
interview with skywest

maz lets get into KoF
whadya say

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
kof actually looks cool i'd be down to try to play, but i know nothing about the game other than what i've watched on stream

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Just got my first winning suicide spike with falco (outside of practice)... felt nice... :smirk:

Last edited:

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Smershferst cancelled venue is having a magic tourney tonight like who the **** still plays that game ugh hella salt rn

wangston

Smash Lord
Little Mac one hit KO upper cut!!! From the video it's hard to tell how he builds meter. It looks like he was charging an attack and took some damage and built meter, he releases the attack and hits Bowser and then the screen zooms in on the meter. So who knows if it's really meter like in a fighting game or if it's just him with a charged attack like Ike's.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It'll be during the holidays. There's no reason why it wouldn't be
Hopefully, it won't get delayed until 2015, since Brawl was also planned for a Holiday release in 2007 but then got delayed...
Little Mac one hit KO upper cut!!! From the video it's hard to tell how he builds meter. It looks like he was charging an attack and took some damage and built meter, he releases the attack and hits Bowser and then the screen zooms in on the meter. So who knows if it's really meter like in a fighting game or if it's just him with a charged attack like Ike's.
If you notice the subtle (smoke/flame-like) animation on the series logo (which I find kind of neat), when the meter was being zoomed in, it was moving faster than before that (while he was being hit, which he already had some charge) or afterward that when it was fully charged. That, and the rapid, sudden change in the shadow on the right side of the screen is enough evidence to show that they simply sped up the time for show the charge happen quickly. The fact that he wasn't taking damage during that time means that it just charges over time, like how Wario's waft charges (except this just has a visible meter).
The attack he did beforehand is just a regular (forward, I'm assuming) smash attack, that seems to have super armor, that he already released it before the zoom-in, and it is clearly a different attack than the uppercut. The uppercut is a special attack, according to some sources.

And it looks like they changed the logo on the boxing ring stage, now that Little Mac is revealed. I should have saw it coming with how that stage was revealed at the get-go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom