• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My thing with chain grabs is this, I dont mind them so long as they dont allow too much reward compared totheir difficulty. For example, I dislike D3's dthrow cg because his grab is just far too easy to get with how safe and huge his grab is, but i dont mind the ICs dthrow cg (not the infinite thatthing is dumb) because the ICs have an awful grab range making it hard to get. I dislike Falcos since its a too much damage and he has far too many ways to get it, but i like Yoshis since its low damage and basically just stage control instead of damage. I dont like all the free folow ups and cgs bowser has, and also hate the cg on the earthbound kids. The types of cgs i like best are: low damage in exchange for stage control, hard to get grabs for either decent damage or kill opportunities, and melee like marth uthrow cgs where you have to follow di for regrabs.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Of course dash dancing isn't as useful in Brawl, they're 2 different games. There is other forms of movement you can use in Brawl like Dacus, walking is more useful because shielding is better in the game etc. and Smash 4 is a different game as well its going to have different things to discover and explore.

Nintendo's not gonna make the new Smash just like melee just because a couple thousand people like to ***** about it on smash boards. So some of you may be in for a surprise when smash 4 comes out, it essentially looks like Brawl 2.0

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Dude, walking is OP as **** in Brawl. Unless you play Yoshi. **** that character.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Nintendo's not gonna make the new Smash just like melee just because a couple thousand people like to ***** about it on smash boards. So some of you may be in for a surprise when smash 4 comes out, it essentially looks like Brawl 2.0
i'm not sure anybody is really preparing for melee 2.0, but you're right. I'm hoping that it's a brawl 2.0 that's skewed enough towards balance and difficulty that I can enjoy it. I would love to have game mechanics in place where I could make a rush down mega man viable

in fact the ability of me to play rockman as if he were akuma or fox is going to largely determine how I feel about the game

MVP

Smash Ace
i'm not sure anybody is really preparing for melee 2.0, but you're right. I'm hoping that it's a brawl 2.0 that's skewed enough towards balance and difficulty that I can enjoy it. I would love to have game mechanics in place where I could make a rush down mega man viable

in fact the ability of me to play rockman as if he were akuma or fox is going to largely determine how I feel about the game
i think everyone's reaction to a potential "melee 2.0" with virtually be the same as PM. there will be a lot who embrace it, and others who say "this ain't melee"

on a side note. I recieved a LDS mission call to Cali and will leave April 9. see you all in two years

-Mars-

Smash Hero

Gonna play Rockman eh? There is going to be so many day 1 megamans lol.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
i think everyone's reaction to a potential "melee 2.0" with virtually be the same as PM. there will be a lot who embrace it, and others who say "this ain't melee"

on a side note. I recieved a LDS mission call to Cali and will leave April 9. see you all in two years
Congrats! What part of Cali? English, Spanish, something else?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
lol i was going to post a frowny face but tsuteto said congrats, now I don't know what the hell to do
cya in 2 years or something

Gonna play Rockman eh? There is going to be so many day 1 megamans lol.
dude you know there's gunna be like 2-3 tournies right at the start where you have a match vs a megaman player and you know they're gunna be so free

I am pretty sure that Rockman will end up as just a campy *****, ala Samus, except probably viable. :/
its my hope that there will be a lot ways to use his projectiles to cover all tech options and provide tons of option selects in the neutral game
i mean really it will depend on how rigidly the smash 4 mechanics encourage camping, but if the game has any decent level of speed to it I'm sure there will be ways to be aggressive with him

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I am pretty sure that Rockman will end up as just a campy *****, ala Samus, except probably viable. :/
Samus is going to be real good in smash 4, calling it now. And if she has her brawl zair I will definitely consider maining her.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Smash 4 has Rosalina, so now I have to main her. Always choose the cutest character in every game.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Samus is going to be real good in smash 4, calling it now. And if she has her brawl zair I will definitely consider maining her.
Yea if Sheik isn't in I'm gonna be going in hard with some Samus, she looks like she got a little bit of a gameplay redesign similar to Bowser.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
lol i was going to post a frowny face but tsuteto said congrats, now I don't know what the hell to do
cya in 2 years or something
Never a sad thing for someone to go and do something they fully believe in. Yeah, takes away from the community for a bit, but afterwards I've known a lot of people are better for it :p Whether or not he returns to the smash scene after two years is the big question, since not all RMs are like the ones in the scene currently.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448

dude AWESOME i went to Texas and have been back for 2 years now. stateside missions are pretty dope.

best of luck dude

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi

Way to go man! :D I plan on going on mine next year!

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308

Where you going? I'm from Sacramento.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
My hopes for smash 4 is that Mario is actually good. If not then I don't know who i'll play... probably villager. I'll decide when I get my hands on it. After that I just want the game to be more like Melee not in a technical way (I don't epect wavedashing and L-Canceling and all that to come back) but in a playstyle way. I want more aggressive and more open gameplay. But i'm most likely not gonna play it since GC controllers so far looks like they won't be supported and I'm not going to be getting a Wii U for a loooooooong time. Mostly because PS4 is on the top of my console wishlist.

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
I didn't mean it as a pun haha. I just mean he always sees the need to "learn" me something.

I appreciate it though, it just makes me laugh. :)

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
That's my overall goal is to give people laughter with my over-the-top sarcastic attitude. There's just certain people who make better cannon fodder than others :p And certain times where I'm the better cannon fodder >.<

The Ginge

Smash Rookie
I see you lurking there "The Ginge". Introduce yourself!
Well I am new to the smash community, go to school at Utah State. I am not that great at smash, only started playing last year, but I still think I am ready to enter some tournaments. Not really sure how the whole thing works yet, but I am ready to start playing a game I enjoy with people other than my roommates (who are terrible)

Top Bottom