• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Toma I'll team with you for melee
I would say yes but PC has first dibs, as we are teaming for salt fest. pc did you get a teammate yet? if pc and i don't team, we're on. sorry tuesday but i've known sinz for a bit through dota, and also you're only one measly step above monday after all

just looking at that schedule makes me REALLY worried you guys. Public transit stops early in SLC, meaning I'd have a 2-3 mile walk home super late at night after an exhausting day of smash and that is not cool
also starting singles at 7 is absurdly late

IMO signups should go from 11-12:45, then typically doubles is before singles, but regardless start the first pools/brackets at 1. Also not to be a ****, but I really don't want to watch that iron man, and i'm not too interested in crews either. i don't understand why the whole tournament has to be pushed back to later in the day for non-essential extra stuff, especially considering the state of saturday transit schedules. looking at transit schedules and google maps, I have to leave at 7:51pm for the last ride home.

as for frontrunner, I will be taking the train and it'd be sweet if all of us can catch the same train.

it may be required that we just carpool due to saturday/sunday transit schedules being absolute booty. i can throw down gas money if needed.

also, taking all moneymatches or iron mans, time permitting, in melee (possibly with my secondaries). i'll take most cash battles in PM too but I do'nt wanna commit to that until I see how I'm feeling on saturday

Tomacawk

Smash Master
btw there's a snitch in this thread, i got reported for double posting before, so you guys have been warned. there's a traitor amongst us, a gott tarned patsy i tell ya

anyway im double posting to say that i really don't want to make a challonge account just to pre-register, I assure you I will be there early enough not to **** over your TOing and will register immediately upon arrival
if you insist i sign up for challonge i will but i'm gunna post at you passive-aggressively for the next few weeks until drama flares up again

Jekyll

Smash Ace
If I can get a enough people willing the split car rental costs, I'll be doing that. Total cost should be about $30 + gas. It seems like between Tomacawk, SuperWorrio and myself there are at least enough to make this be a cost-comparable alternative to Frontrunner ($5.50 x 2), and it would save us over 2 hours of transit time round-trip.

Anyone interested should respond or PM me so we could set this up.

you're only one measly step above monday after all
SHOTS FIRED!!!

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
also starting singles at 7 is absurdly late

IMO signups should go from 11-12:45, then typically doubles is before singles, but regardless start the first pools/brackets at 1. Also not to be a ****, but I really don't want to watch that iron man, and i'm not too interested in crews either. i don't understand why the whole tournament has to be pushed back to later in the day for non-essential extra stuff...
I echo this sentiment. This was billed as a melee focused tournament but the main event doesn't start til 7?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Admins roam the boards lol.

Simple solution, don't double post. I don't care at all, but obviously someone does.
lol
i mean this account used to be permanently banned, after all i am an internet badass who dont give no ****s, but it was the idea that someone i thought to be a friend could rat me out that made me see red

what i imagine is some neckbeard having, mom's basement living turbo nerd saying in his nasally voice "*nerdy chuckle* well well well if it isn't a double post. looks like i'll be writing you *deeper, more nasally attempt to be cool but still hyper nerdy voice* A CITATION"

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Tsu For Salt Fest why don't you just ask/pay Ankoku to stream again if he's willing? He did an awesome job last year and he doesnt live clear across the country like Chibo.

Or we could just stream it ourselves, its not that hard

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
So, there isn't going to be a iron man match just sayin so everything is going to
Happen right after crews. 6v6 24 stocks a piece! inb4badTOing

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Also tomorrow is going to be canceled because I'm going to hospital to get my fiances arm checked to see if she needs to keep wearing a sling lol! But also if someone wants to
Help me run the weekly events lemme know

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Hey this is Remi Barron. I played last time at Cafe Nio with Terry in dubs then in singles. Hit me up on Facebook if anyone wants to play sometime. I'm down to play any version.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
I live on 300 south like a fifteen minute walk downhill from the U. My apartment has room for a few setups if you wanna smash here sometime.

Also, does anyone know when the Ogden tourney is? I wanna say Saturday? I'm down to go if so. I could drive a few peeps.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
You have a car?!?! You're a godsend.
I'll take a ride from you if you don't mind. I've got a setup to bring.

Where: Game Vault 2671 Washington Blvd.Ogden Utah
When: January 25th 2014

11:00 Friendlies start!
11:30 Crew battle Leverage Gaming vs Roguays crew
12:00 or 12:30 Iron Man match SuppRT vs Shiro
Registration starts
2:00 registration closes and brackets will be made
2:30 First Match of PROJECT M
DOUBLES will be played
4:00 or 4:30 First Match of PROJECT M SINGLES will be played
5:30 or 6:00 First Match of MELEE DOUBLES be played
7:00 First Match of MELEE SINGLES will be played

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
does ANYONE know who The Omen/Cubey/MikeCB/Baby were? they came to the Neumont tournament and it would be cool to see them on Saturday

Jekyll

Smash Ace
I could probably get in some practice on Friday (still getting over Apex sickness). PM me your phone # or something and I'll text your.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Went really well other than getting sick :p.
Didn't place too high, but I'm re-motivated and it opened my eyes to a lot of things I need to work on.

#1 on that list is trying to build up this community, so let's get it done!!!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
i can bring my laptop to the tourney. I've got the hack version and the hackless builds of the latest.
I have my SD Card set up to be able to use both homebrew method and hackless method simultaneously. It also crashes the game if people try to play vanilla Brawl, in case someone tries to change it back on my Wii without my permission... XD
i'll take most cash battles in PM too but I do'nt wanna commit to that until I see how I'm feeling on saturday
Translation: "I'll take most cash battles in PM too but I don't want to commit to that until I see how weak the competition is on Saturday." :p
i mean this account used to be permanently banned, after all i am an internet badass who dont give no ****s, but it was the idea that someone i thought to be a friend could rat me out that made me see red
Probably shouldn't be saying that in case one of those wondering admits comes by again and decides to ban you again. XD
@ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos SuppRT already said that Jekyll is already part of Leverage Gaming. Not as OP as you thought.
You do know that I posted my post before he posted that Jekyll was in his crew, right?

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Ya, I should be down to go. Anyone wanna practice before? I haven't played Melee or Project M much. It'll be fun either way though.
Yo dude I live on the U campus. I was going to go to Odgen too, PM me contact info for friendlies. I'm available tomorrow night.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Dear Tomacawk,

You have received an infraction at Smash World Forums for Double Posting (1 points, 7 days). If you have six or more infraction points, you will no longer be able to post at Smash World Forums until some of your points expire.

FUUUUU--
lol

ankoku is aisight before he changed his name
holy **** i had no idea, that's crazy

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Dear Tomacawk,

You have received an infraction at Smash World Forums for Double Posting (1 points, 7 days). If you have six or more infraction points, you will no longer be able to post at Smash World Forums until some of your points expire.

FUUUUU--
lol

holy **** i had no idea, that's crazy
Why is double posting such a big deal? This thread is a bit more personal than the rest of the boards...

Baky

Smash Journeyman
I remember when I was a young teen I used to think post count and internet points mattered.

Gotta get that GaiaOnline avatar decked out.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ahhhhhh that time of the year right after apex hype where hella randoms join the scene for 2 months before disappearing

Tuesday

Smash Ace
does ANYONE know who The Omen/Cubey/MikeCB/Baby were? they came to the Neumont tournament and it would be cool to see them on Saturday
Baby was literally a baby. Some kid. Couldn't be more than 5 years old.

Ok maybe he was like 12 but still.
lol
some neckbeard having, mom's basement living turbo nerd saying in his nasally voice "*nerdy chuckle* well well well if it isn't a double post. looks like i'll be writing you *deeper, more nasally attempt to be cool but still hyper nerdy voice* A CITATION"
Literally me. All over. Currently hugging a dakimakura btw.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I would say yes but PC has first dibs, as we are teaming for salt fest. pc did you get a teammate yet? if pc and i don't team, we're on. sorry tuesday but i've known sinz for a bit through dota, and also you're only one measly step above monday after all
Like I said earlier, I for sure won't be able to stay past 6:30, so just go ahead and team with Sinz in Melee if you want. I may not be able to go at all, actually, since my dad is looking like he's approaching his final days.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Like I said earlier, I for sure won't be able to stay past 6:30, so just go ahead and team with Sinz in Melee if you want. I may not be able to go at all, actually, since he dad is looking like he's approaching his final days.
Good luck with everything.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I live on 300 south like a fifteen minute walk downhill from the U. My apartment has room for a few setups if you wanna smash here sometime.

Also, does anyone know when the Ogden tourney is? I wanna say Saturday? I'm down to go if so. I could drive a few peeps.
Mind if I join in? I'll pitch in for gas. I live on 143 S Main St. if it's close enough for you.

May want to ask @ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0
I have no clue who those guys were. I think one of em posted on here saying that he'll bring his crew over or something and they just showed up.

IMPORTANT:
Another Neumont tourney is in the works. We're still not sure when but it should be in a month or so. I'll update you guys on what we decide.

MVP

Smash Ace
Hey guy a little roster add as of yesterdayJekyll just joined my crew so that now makes
Me
Mars
Shiro
MVP
Jekyll
Crunchbox
Good luck on Saturday Roguay

Jekyll is in our crew?????? hella ya! totally gunna wreck! :p

EDIT:
right now the roster for #TeamRoguay is

Amm0
Super "Free Physicals" Worrio