• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

C!Z

Smash Lord
Haha Junbear I knew you were gonna say that ****, I even almost edited my post right afterwards but I was too lazy. I wish nothin Staz, the facts speak for themselves. :laugh:

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Hey Utah me and Yamer are think about hosting a tournament on the 5th (first sat. in january) and you know Idaho has come to lots of you tournaments so it would be cool if some of you could try to make it. the date's not final so if it works better moved up we can always do that.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Hey Utah me and Yamer are think about hosting a tournament on the 5th (first sat. in january) and you know Idaho has come to lots of you tournaments so it would be cool if some of you could try to make it. the date's not final so if it works better moved up we can always do that.
Hmm I'd be down to ride in a carpool lol, I'd rather not drive just cuz my car is too small for that **** but I'd definitely wanna come.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Hahaha, driving 4 hours for a tournament thats not even OOS? St George fails.

except for Devin's Jigglypuff.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
lol come to mine instead. I'll make a thread once i figure out if it's worth doing so if you guys can give me a count of who could go i'll get everything ready.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Why does it matter to you what the host gets? You should be looking at what the final payout will be (actual amount / "lower" doesn't count) unless you don't even have a chance of winning. He is still getting less than 2nd place. He deserves it more than you do.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I had to read that three times before I figured out you what you were saying :). I think all C!Z meant was that if he wanted people to come, they would probably be averse to donating to the host they just spent all kinds of gas getting to already. I feel the same way as C!Z; mainly because BC mentioned in there almost jokingly, even with a j/k at the end (is he joking about the $2 or just the stuff after that?) and has no explanation as to why. So... yeah. If I did indeed understand what you meant, that is my opinion :p.

In retrospect (i.e. after speaking with you on gmail :)) you're right... why does 1st/2nd/3rd deserve the money more than the host? That's a good point.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Why does it matter to you what the host gets? You should be looking at what the final payout will be (actual amount / "lower" doesn't count) unless you don't even have a chance of winning. He is still getting less than 2nd place. He deserves it more than you do.
It's not a big issue, all I said it's not helpin his chances takin money from the pot for a tourney that isn't goin to have anybody worth drivin OOS to play. Atleast he decided to tell us unlike our tourneys where money is always randomly missing. So before you decide to open your mouth about it maybe you should think twice.

Xtinction

Smash Journeyman
It's not a big issue, all I said it's not helpin his chances takin money from the pot for a tourney that isn't goin to have anybody worth drivin OOS to play. Atleast he decided to tell us unlike our tourneys where money is always randomly missing. So before you decide to open your mouth about it maybe you should think twice.

you tell em C!Z!!! (lol typical brown noser)

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Lol the jk after means that i was joking about the money but i'll change it if your that worried and i'll fix the stages...... i just took the rules last night from some other tournament and didn't really read them so ya i'll get it fixed.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Don't worry, C!Z didn't know what he was talking about. Princess Peach's Castle is indeed banned in both doubles and singles at MLG.
Well I've seen it counterpicked at a few MLG's so they must've just had different rules and besides I edited it outta my post before you even decided to post so go do a Banana attack or somethin haha

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Hey C!Z get a car pool going for the tournament..... Some people from cali might come to so if i can get a count of who else is going than i would have a better chance of getting some of them to really come.

Zamoz

Smash Cadet
And for the record, PC already explained why there was "missing money" at the most recent tournament, and it was partly my fault.

Entry fees in quarters ftw.

C!Z

Smash Lord
And for the record, PC already explained why there was "missing money" at the most recent tournament, and it was partly my fault.

Entry fees in quarters ftw.
The key word in my post was "always" There have been numerous amounts of times money has been missin. At the last tourney Nate didn't feel he had to pay the entry fee and shorted PC $5 out of his pot and said he would put it into the next tourney(which is stupid in itself). Then did anybody receive any extra money this time? No, he didn't even enter. Oh and don't threaten little kids sayin they'll be banned just because he said somethin bout my post, that's girl s***.

Gojira

Smash Lord
The key word in my post was "always" There have been numerous amounts of times money has been missin. At the last tourney Nate didn't feel he had to pay the entry fee and shorted PC $5 out of his pot and said he would put it into the next tourney(which is stupid in itself). Then did anybody receive any extra money this time? No, he didn't even enter. Oh and don't threaten little kids sayin they'll be banned just because he said somethin bout my post, that's girl s***.
It was my fault that we were 5 dollars short this time. I told nate to enter me because he knew I would pay but I forgot to. This was for singles.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Hey slave1 or FP if you can drive you should think about comming to my tournament, C!Z needs a ride and i asked Dai-A to go but he probably cant go lol either way you should think about comming because it should be a good size and from what HOTT told me hes going for sure. This goes for anyone in Utah, and ill have snacks and **** for everyone lol.

slave1

Smash Lord
i would but i am 17. my dad wont let me go out of state or problably across state for a tourney. but when i am 18 he says have fun, but untill then it is close things for me. but i would love to drive up there. its not like i have anything better to do. lol:chuckle:

Staz

Smash Lord
i would but i am 17. my dad wont let me go out of state or problably across state for a tourney. but when i am 18 he says have fun, but untill then it is close things for me. but i would love to drive up there. its not like i have anything better to do. lol:chuckle:
hey slave come over soon.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
oh lol. just say your sleeping over at a friends house :laugh:

hott we almost got to go to your tourney but we couldnt :( sorry to you to c!z i was excited to go!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
My sister let me drive her mini van everywhere last time, so it shouldn't be too big of a problem. :)

If that doesn't work out, we'll make Wikipedia here pick us up. Salem is south of Portland. I don't know if Oregon City is exactly on the way-- but he'd pick us up, since he's so desperate for other Mormons.

And if that doesn't work out, we can hopefully take public transit. TriMet isn't bad.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
My sister let me drive her mini van everywhere last time, so it shouldn't be too big of a problem. :)

If that doesn't work out, we'll make Wikipedia here pick us up. Salem is south of Portland. I don't know if Oregon City is exactly on the way-- but he'd pick us up, since he's so desperate for other Mormons.

And if that doesn't work out, we can hopefully take public transit. TriMet isn't bad.
Oregon City is on the way to Portland from Salem. I could give you guys a ride from there. The thing is, my car can only hold 5 and 3 of those seats are already filled. Unless I took my Suburban and then I could hold 8 altogether. How many do you guys plan on taking? It might be best if you got your sister's minivan and go with that plan.

Mormons Unite!

When, exactly, do you want me to remind you? A week before? A day before?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
If any Sotahns come, it'll just be me and Hott. We fly. :)

As for the reminder, I think I don't need it anymore-- January 19th is my brother's birthday, so that should be easy for me to remember.

I want to come 100%, but depending on school/work, we'll see if I show up or not. My sister's usually really cool about letting me use her van. I'll let you know if we register for the flight or not. :)

Top Bottom