• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
leavin in 5 min
i have 1 setup
Tane bring your small tv

No, suck my fat ****.

Awwwww ****, PC I totally forgot that my car is on empty. I gotta fill up first. I'm leaving right now though, so I should be there relatively soon.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Had a blast today, even without a huge turn out it was still a ton of fun.

Would people be down for a smash fest next week? Unless my company finds more jobs for next week, I'm only working Monday so I'll have all the free time in the world.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Id be down, although Id most likely need a ride.

And Im still surprised I didnt come in last lol. I actually did a lot better than I though I would actually; still some rust, especially when it came to spacing and tech stuff, but not as much as I expected.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I was only there for the first hour or so, but it was all Brawl at that time. But that's because the few people that was there at the time was mostly into Brawl, although half of them also play Melee.
Regular monthly tournaments are usually only Brawl, though, since there's rarely enough demand for a Melee event from the people that show up regularly. There have been an increase in Melee players recently, though, so who knows.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
We could have 2 people Melee tourneys if two Melee people would show up.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
I was only there for the first hour or so, but it was all Brawl at that time. But that's because the few people that was there at the time was mostly into Brawl, although half of them also play Melee.
Regular monthly tournaments are usually only Brawl, though, since there's rarely enough demand for a Melee event from the people that show up regularly. There have been an increase in Melee players recently, though, so who knows.
Any time there is Melee, I am in!

Also, congrats to everyone who got top 8 yesterday
Results...?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Lets see if I can get the top 8 right off of memory lol

1 me
2 deathbysuarez
3 jellyfish n
4 gangstakirby
5 rock mix
5 Z'zgashi
7 Tane
7 ISee

Teams
Jelly+me
Ds4+isee
Rocky+Tane
Gkirbz+meatless murder

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
We could have 2 people Melee tourneys if two Melee people would show up.
That'd just be a money match. XD There are some people that won't commit to paying the entry fee unless enough people are willing to enter, so that prevents small tournaments from happening. And if there's no entry, you might as well just do friendlies to avoid the hassle of having to organize a bracket.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
By the way, I had a blast and GG's to everyone that I got to play. I learned a lot and improved quite a bit I feel.

Hopefully I can dedicate some more time to smash in the next little bit to get better.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this tourney was hella fun. I learned that I need to learn the ****ing GnW matchup. >_<
You were playing really well and you had me worried, but those kills I got on you with the up-b were pretty early. You gotta watch out for those since Pika is so light.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
You were playing really well and you had me worried, but those kills I got on you with the up-b were pretty early. You gotta watch out for those since Pika is so light.

Yeah those were hella early kills. That matchup just freaks me out. Maybe I'll try it with my Marth next time...

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Who wants to have a smash fest tomorrow? Taylor and I both don't work tomorrow (and I don't work the day after that either) so a smash fest would be possible at our place and I'm fine with it going as late as people want to stay.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
I have to double check my plans, but I'm down to come down after I get off work around 6.

Marz, if you drive to my place I can give you a ride the rest of the way.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I have to double check my plans, but I'm down to come down after I get off work around 6.

Marz, if you drive to my place I can give you a ride the rest of the way.
K. I have a job interview at 6 though

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Any time really. I think the majority of people will probably end up getting here around 6:30-7 I'm guessing.

Just let me know if anyone is coming earlier so I can make sure I'm here when people show.
And I can also pick anyone up at the front runner station as well, the Provo stop is only a couple mins from my place.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
If any salt lake people need rides, please let me know ASAP. I'm leaving around 5:15 or 5:30 but I could possibly wait assuming it isn't too long. Text is the best way to get in touch with me right now since I'm working, so here's my number if you need a ride: 8012287211

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Last call for anyone that wants a ride from SLC. Text me within the next few minutes because I'm about to get off work.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah I wont be able to go. Im not getting off work for another 30 mins and as soon as I get back I have stuff to do. Plus, I have to be at work again tomorrow by 8 and I only slept 4 hours last night so Id be way too tired if I went lol.

Top Bottom