• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Loving the puns with Wii Fit Trainer (can we just say WFT? I'm going to, if anything for the added humor that it resembles WTF).

My take: I'm liking it. The "joke" characters honestly add a nice dynamic of showing that the game is "for everyone." It's a better take than adjusting the fighting mechanics (tripping, anyone?") to prove that point. Wondering what will show in the next few characters and such.

In regards to Megaman, I'm a little concerned, however. I do think that there's a strong chance he could be going to be automatically god tier if not taken great consideration. Granted, that is mainly based on how much cancelling can be done, but just a concern. Not that I'm not excited to play as him from time to time, just want to see it done well.

Oh, and Zelda for goddess tier.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Sam sorry again dude, I feel like a ****. :(

In other news, I think it's ******** that Mii is in it. But I'm optimistic about Wii Fit Trainer

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Good posture means stronger hits though. True story.

Though in a brawl, I don't think a lot of people care, just as long as they can get the others off of them.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nope thats his normal grab, he doesnt have a command grab.

And btw, MegaMans fair is ****ing amazing. Its like Tink's back air but it looks like the hitbox is out longer and it has longer range. Good luck approaching MM through the plethora of projectiles then that fair on top of it. If you can grab MMs saws out of the air though, then it might not be so bad, but if you cant itll suck trying to approach him lol.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ

ITS TRUE, BOWSER BUFFS UP THE ***, YES! And his new nair is sooooo much better since it looks like its hits below him AND has like, 0 lag which means should be comboable, his dash attack as WAY faster, he leans HELLA far back to keep him safe, AND it has little lag! Plus the fire breath is faster, longer range, and less lag, Hype!
You seem to keep on linking stuff that's already been recently linked here.

But yeah, fighting MM is going to be a pain. He's like a smaller, faster Samus with more projectiles.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
So they've already managed to waste 2 character slots on villager and wft. Wtf man.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Inb4 that invincible projectile grabbing that allows him to instantly throw projectiles back at you also move has invincibility frames even when he doesnt grab something AND its a command grab if it grabs a character.

Villager for Top Tier.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Did you guys see the 3ds version? Art style is awesome.

Who's going to the tourny on Saturday?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Yeah, totally like the gritty type outline thing for the 3DS version. Thanks for pointing that out Mars.

And not going to the tourney. Not going to participate in tourneys for a while. May run some though, depending on what happens here.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I have decided to make use of the "like" thing here more. Why? Because I can.

Really though, Sandy Nickelcade Lock-In, June 28th, Midnight, $10, awesomeness, and stuff. I'll be there.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
I'm probably going to the tourney.

Also I would personally jerk off Sakurai with the object of his choice if he would release a free demo for Smash 4.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
I think Villager is gonna be ****in broken.

Which characters do you think are not making it back?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I think Villager is gonna be really good but people are thinking too much of him atm. Hes not gonna be broken, but hes DEFINITELY not bad.

As for which characters arent coming back, Id say the top 5 most likely to get kicked (in order of most likely to least imo right now) are:
- Toon Link (hes in a stage and he'll most likely be replaced with some other type of Link)
- Pokemon Trainer (wasnt well recieved or played much, requires a lot of programming for one character, etc. I hope he stays, but I have a feeling he might get kicked)
- Snake (dont think hes leaving, especially due to how popular and well liked he was, but as a third party hes not really guaranteed)
- Lucario (kind of like Mewtwo, he'll be replaced with some more current Pokemon, probably a 6th gen. I honestly would prefer he stay along with Mewtwo coming back as well, but if someone had to be kicked I think hed be one of the most likely)
- Sonic (like Snake, hes a third party, but with Nintendo acquiring part of Sega and Sonic being such a popular character, I think he'll stay)

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Who's going to the tourny on Saturday?

I'm going... gonna be my last day in utah before my month break and I think it would be the perfect way to kick it off.

Speaking of which what time do these start? It's really important that I know since I have to check out of my apartment for my school's move.

And bout the lock-in thing... not gonna go, gonna be in Cali during that time.

Top Bottom