• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
yes, yes i am...

And now I get to decide if it is worth it to drive from SLC to south jordan tonight...
and will I be able to borrow a controller at the fest?
I don't live far from you and I'd be willing to go with you if you drive, depending on how long you plan on staying (I don't wanna stay for more than like 3 hours)
I can throw down some gas $$ but I don't think I can direct you to his house yet, I've only been there a few times and I can't visualize the trip at all right now in my head (maybe I'd recognize it if I saw it tho)

my #'s 217 370 6174 if you wanna contact me

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hey all, Beatgamer is hosting the next Sandy Nickelcade lock-in! It's at the end of June, just $10 for the whole night, and it's going to be AWESOME! As always. And stuff. LINK!

https://www.facebook.com/events/405555702875208/?ref=2

If you're going to go, mark it down there if you can, or if you're on the fence about it, mark maybe. I may be doing a Smash tournament like I did the last time I did one, but we'll see if I do or not. Or I might just run a straight out normal one. If I do, it won't be cash prizes, but there'll be no additional entry fees or anything.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
Hey all, Beatgamer is hosting the next Sandy Nickelcade lock-in! It's at the end of June, just $10 for the whole night, and it's going to be AWESOME! As always. And stuff. LINK!

https://www.facebook.com/events/405555702875208/?ref=2

If you're going to go, mark it down there if you can, or if you're on the fence about it, mark maybe. I may be doing a Smash tournament like I did the last time I did one, but we'll see if I do or not. Or I might just run a straight out normal one. If I do, it won't be cash prizes, but there'll be no additional entry fees or anything.
was there a beatgamer set up at Salt Fest? I played DDR there for the first time in years and that was pretty cool.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
@MiM: Yep, there was. All those music-rhythm games were by the Beatgamer crew. The Sandy Nickelcade is kind of the spot for them to get together (in fact some of us are getting together tonight), and every few months they'll do a lock-in with the 'cade. It's always chill, always fun, and people bring their own systems and what not to use.

wangston

Smash Lord
Saturday night. Exact time I'm not sure I will be home at 8:00 but kenny will be there all day.

578 North 400 east aprtment 6... or something close to that.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yeah that's our address.

I have something in the afternoon but will be there by six. A bunch of provo guys are planning on coming as well, so it will be a good turn out. And we will have multiple setups, possibly both games if there's interest in melee too

-Final-

Aria♪
This thread hasn't given me notices for new posts in a month

asdgfuhnesiugbyufgiuv

Mars, I still have your brawl disc... I'd go to the fest today, but I have no car :/

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Thanks for coming out last night everyone. It was a good turn out with three setups and 14 people. I had a blast.

Also, shoutouts to Rayn and Oken for coming out. It's always good to see some new faces.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
I wish I could have gone... to much school work right now. Maybe next weekend... not sure. After that I have to head back to California for my month long summer break. Luckily when i come back, my university will have moved to salt lake so I'll be closer to everything. Speaking of which, the idea of a Neumont University Smash Bros tourney is floating around so maybe we'll get one of those sometime after the move.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So guys, at Kafeneios, Imma be running both 1v1 AND 2v2 for PSA, and 2v2 is going to be 100% free. I really wanna show some of you guys how fun this game can be so I wanna have at least an event or two be free every tournament since I dont care about the money I just wanna have people to play with outside of the 5-6 actual PSA players (lol). I dont want anyone to basically drop Smash for this game like I practically did (although Ill prob still enter smash since Ill actually have the money to this time lol) but Id like you guys to at the least try it because the game feels a lot like smash playstyle wise just with legit combos. I know the majority of the characters at at least a decent level (only characters I dont really know are Raiden, Sly, Jak, and Toro) so I can definitely give tips/pointers.

So yeah, you guys should try it out, I think youd like it (except Devon, he wont like it, best characters are good against camping. Best character in the game is hardcore rushdown, next two best are consist of mid range anti zoning and another rush down, and another of the top 5 characters is a hard core anti zoner, so sorry devon, camping has hella counters LOL). Its definitely a bit different than smash (no recovering, physics are totally different, way more moves, etc), but I feel like you people who like Brawl in particular but wish there were true combos in Brawl would like this game.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Probably they usually get planned pretty spur of the moment, and Yes.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
ok guys we almost lost our time slot on the 15th
when i asked him about it, Lucas was actually not planning on having a monthly this month and he cancelled the time for the 15th
so i went there and talked to them and got the time noon - 8pm reinstated
so there is still a monthly but it will just us smash and no street fighter, mahvel, etc

Top Bottom