• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm guessing it got taken out when they got everything setup for Melee. Did it have it after Melee finished their first round?
It had Brawl initially and then since I didn't have a case, I put it on top of your disc in your Brawl case when they switched to Melee. I yelled at you to tell you and you shook your head(maybe you didn't hear me though), do you remember that?? But it did end up with Brawl in it again although I didn't put it in there so I don't actually know what disc was being used in my Wii. Tim turned off the Wii when he went outside to eat pizza with us and he says it had Brawl in it when he turned it off which is why I didn't check it for a disc before we left.
So I'm missing a Brawl case and Mars is missing a Brawl copy. Either someone has it by accident, or there was a thief among the people that entered (most likely a random person, and not anyone from the scene, if it's the latter case). If someone did steal them, then that's pretty disappointing, since all that does is detract people in the scene from wanting to volunteer their stuff for future events. :ohwell:
Nah I'm just gonna say that this was probably my fault and its just a little mixup we just need to know who has Tanes disc. I should have marked my disc I just forgot. By the way did you get that GC memory card out of my Wii??

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No one should ever being taking out/putting in/exchanging/etc game discs from any systems besides the person who owns said console. So what if you have to wait 5 mins or something, in the end those 5 mins wont matter and then **** like this doesnt happen.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Aisight took it out of the black wii to have a brawl copy in the live stream tv. I don't know where it ended up after the live stream. Maybe someone ended up with an extra copy on accident?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Nah I'm just gonna say that this was probably my fault and its just a little mixup we just need to know who has Tanes disc. I should have marked my disc I just forgot. By the way did you get that GC memory card out of my Wii??
I've already told Tane that I have his disc prior to making my first post about missing a case in this thread. He probably only mentioned that here since he read this thread before the convo I sent him. And yes, I got back my memory card that was in your Wii (pretty sure I pulled it out while you were even playing on it).

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Aisight took it out of the black wii to have a brawl copy in the live stream tv. I don't know where it ended up after the live stream. Maybe someone ended up with an extra copy on accident?

Edit: Why did that post twice?

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
No one should ever being taking out/putting in/exchanging/etc game discs from any systems besides the person who owns said console. So what if you have to wait 5 mins or something, in the end those 5 mins wont matter and then **** like this doesnt happen.

This.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I've already told Tane that I have his disc prior to making my first post about missing a case in this thread. He probably only mentioned that here since he read this thread before the convo I sent him. And yes, I got back my memory card that was in your Wii (pretty sure I pulled it out while you were even playing on it).
So more than likely Tane has my disc?

-Final-

Aria♪
K, I have no idea whose it is at this point, but somebody left their copy of brawl in my wii on Friday (I didn't use my wii at all on Saturday).

So one of the people who are missing their copy can pick it up next time I see them.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Marz, I have PC's friend's copy (theoretically). PC has mine. But I'm pretty sure yours is the one that Final has.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yeah, my Melee disc got mixed in with a bunch of others and since mine was version 0 I was kinda mad. Good thing PC knew how to read those.

Rayn of Utah

Smash Cadet
Ah man, that sucks. I treat my disk like a baby, lol. I'd guess that some people took your guys' stuff on accident. I can't really give any suggestions on how you'd get your stuff back. And Mars, do black Wiis have GC controller slots? because my buddy's Wii doesn't have any.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I
K, I have no idea whose it is at this point, but somebody left their copy of brawl in my wii on Friday (I didn't use my wii at all on Saturday).

So one of the people who are missing their copy can pick it up next time I see them.
I'm willing to bet that that is where aisight's brawl copy went that he couldn't find, and then he forgot that he grabbed a different one, which is why final has an extra and mars didn't get his back.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah, my Melee disc got mixed in with a bunch of others and since mine was version 0 I was kinda mad. Good thing PC knew how to read those.
I'm a robot. Of course I can read discs. :p
And Mars, do black Wiis have GC controller slots? because my buddy's Wii doesn't have any.
Are you sure your friend doesn't just have a Wii U? Since I think all Wiis have GameCube ports.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
When the Black Wii's first came out in 2010 they had GameCube ports. Nintendo then released a redesigned Wii "slim" that removed all GC functionality...White and Black colors. The only model of Wii you can get in stores is the non-GC one nowadays to the best of my knowledge.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just follow this thread and info will be posted whenever an event gets planned. Also, we have a monthly tournament at at Kafeneios Coffee Shop in Salt Lake every 3rd Saturday of the month, so theres that.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
depends im assuming you live in utah
if not you should check out the regional zones in the tournament sub forum

wangston

Smash Lord
DUDE!!! That was the most intense story about the Mysterious Brawl Disc I've ever read!!! 10/10 would bang.

It had all the drama I was looking for. I'm glad it got solved.

You hoes should just mod you wii and use a hard drive. That way you never need a brawl disc.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
DUDE!!! That was the most intense story about the Mysterious Brawl Disc I've ever read!!! 10/10 would bang.

It had all the drama I was looking for. I'm glad it got solved.

You hoes should just mod you wii and use a hard drive. That way you never need a brawl disc.
Lol this is probably my favorite post ever.

I actually wanna do that, can you show me how?

net1234

Smash Ace
Just follow this thread and info will be posted whenever an event gets planned. Also, we have a monthly tournament at at Kafeneios Coffee Shop in Salt Lake every 3rd Saturday of the month, so theres that.
Awesome! I live about 30 mins by bus from there!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Btw, there isnt a tournament this Saturday due to the Salt Fest last week, so this month is an exception to that every 3rd Saturday ;p

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Hello Utah smash! I am an Idaho smasher who will be in Utah from the 18th to the 21st and would love to get some smashing in (mm anyone?). I will be in salt lake and not have many transportation options but let me know if you are interested and we will try to set something up. I am primarily a P:M/Melee player but may grudgingly play Brawl. Is this the best way to reach out to people or is there a more active Facebook group? Let me know here, and I can also be reached at 2085593972

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
I love Melee! I am not too good at it, but love playing it. The best way would either be here or if you are going to be in Provo, there is a Provo Smashers Facebook Page.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Sunday would be a perfect day for a fest for me. Sunday or Monday would be most ideal days. I could possibly come to Provo and will definitely at least be in Provo on Monday evening. I could also probably have a person or two come over for some P:M or Melee. I would be willing to go to a Brawl event but would there at least be people there that would be down for some P:M or Melee? Brawl just really doesn't hit the spot anymore and I haven't played it competitvely for about 2 - 3 years.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
"I can't beat blacks in Bingo its like the old people version of basketball" - Richard "mothafoxingangstakirby" Rossberg, May 2013

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Sunday would be a perfect day for a fest for me. Sunday or Monday would be most ideal days. I could possibly come to Provo and will definitely at least be in Provo on Monday evening. I could also probably have a person or two come over for some P:M or Melee. I would be willing to go to a Brawl event but would there at least be people there that would be down for some P:M or Melee? Brawl just really doesn't hit the spot anymore and I haven't played it competitvely for about 2 - 3 years.
I might be able to transport you. Where are you staying?

net1234

Smash Ace
Btw, there isnt a tournament this Saturday due to the Salt Fest last week, so this month is an exception to that every 3rd Saturday ;p
Whats the age group at these tournaments? I'm only a sophomore but all the smashers i know of are like 20-ish. Hope all these questions aren't annoying

Top Bottom