• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
I'm down to go to that tourney.

Zz, do you give cool lessons? Because you are most definitely awesome if you're too cool for AiB. I hope I can be that cool some day.

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lmao Rocky dat avi.

And yeah, I havent touched brawl in ages cuz ive been all about allstars. The game is great and the company behind it actually communicates directly with the fans for feedback, and even asks competitive players specifically what they think of it, what to add, what to change, etc. The gameplay is also great, the combo system is fantastic, and Im truthfully loving that Ive found a game that I love to play. The game feels great and fluid, and has producers directly come up to us in forums discussing with us and such asking for our opinions and such. Also the majority of former smash players who actually give the game a chance love it as well, so I really do suggest you all give it a chance as well. If you dont, its not really my choice so I could care less, its your loss not mine, but if you want a game that is really well done, feels great, has competitive drive, has unique characters and playstyles, and actually has a company that legitimately cares about its players and its game, then you guys should all give it a chance (the online is fantastic too, if you do get it, you should play me, my drake is beast).

Like, I love smash and all, I wouldnt have 14k posts on this site (a large portion of it being in discussion and debates in tier list and match up threads), the most posts in this Utah thread, or TO and run/set up/etc tournaments for so long if I didnt love the game, thats a TON of time and work to throw into a game. But Allstars just is better in my opinion and I enjoy playing it much more. I never even played the PS3 up until this game, and now I cant put my PS3 controller down, and this is the only game I own for the system.

But yeah, enough about that, Ive ranted too long lol.

EDIT: Changed the thread title to something less outdated btw

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Chris you had your chance to come practice with us but you turned it down. That was probably the best practice you would have gotten.

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
Ok, what do you guys want to see at Salt Fest other than Melee and Brawl on the Gamecube/Wii? We would like to add another game for those consoles. It would be a side tournament. Give me your thoughts/suggestions.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Tatsunoko vs Capcom is the only Wii exclusive fighter, and it's not even that well known. Other than that there's old games like Capcom vs SNK and Soul Caliber 2 for GC although they're cross platform.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lets do Mario Power Tennis so we can have a game where both Bowser and Yoshi are top tier.

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
Tatsunoko vs Capcom is the only Wii exclusive fighter, and it's not even that well known. Other than that there's old games like Capcom vs SNK and Soul Caliber 2 for GC although they're cross platform.
They don't have to be fighters. Any game that people would enjoy is what we're looking for. TvC, while a good idea, is not worth it at all.

Mario Party could be fun, or maybe even Mario Kart. Anything that would can make competitive is what we're looking for and something for the casual gamers to go play and have fun with.

Our current list of games http://www.saltfest.org/game-info.html. More will be added and Marvel has been on the website since it launched.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You guys should probably make a thread about it. You usually get more out of state attendance when there's a larger notice.

Edit: Should also put Melee on your site and registration. I've got some of my friends interested in coming.

sonus

Smash Cadet
hey guys, I have some friends that moved here from vegas who play melee alot and a little brawl. When are people getting together to play again ?

-berd

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Apex pools for Utah people:
http://i.imgur.com/98vme.png - Ebo
http://i.imgur.com/bYeDB.png - Gkirbs
http://i.imgur.com/B3Tpw.png - X
http://i.imgur.com/bagIV.png - DS4

I think Ebo can make it out if he can beat Yosh then BSL/Reign (practice up against Weegee, you could face two of them) otherwise it could be really difficult, Gkirbs I dont think will make it out, but I hope he can prove me wrong, X gets out for free if he can beat Zak (insane D3), but if not he'll have to get through either Attila (best in Australia) or FAE (top Lucas) but I think he can beat those two. Devon I think has a good chance if he can beat Desti, but if he loses there I think hes done for.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If he did, I didnt see him. Feel free to double check if you think he did though, cuz I wasnt really looking for his name or anything.

Top Bottom