• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

vazor

Smash Apprentice
I thought the first Lucario sig was good. It's clean, cool, and still plenty of interesting effects; aura-like effects like the bars/gradients in the background, and around the name. It fits Lucario, at least in my mind. The second one seems too busy when compared to the first.

:/ This group is kind of boring.
respect -1

C!Z

Smash Lord
I like the 2nd one. Idk not sayin it's bad, sorry I guess that was harsh. I've just seen you put effort into stuff and it showed.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I like the original one better (probably because of the color-scheme). The red probably catches C!Z's eyes more, though. The text in the original was was kind of bland, which is the only thing I didn't like about that one.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Neither of them are good. Gonna be honest, just scrap it. You've got multiple focus points in the sig, which is bad. Your lighting doesn't match the picture, your flow is screwy, and the render isn't that great :/

Get off of brushes, I will get you some tutorials that will help you out. But, for now send me the render I will make some **** up.

@Gojira- yeah I still play melee

___X___

Smash Lord
Neither of them are good. Gonna be honest, just scrap it. You've got multiple focus points in the sig, which is bad. Your lighting doesn't match the picture, your flow is screwy, and the render isn't that great :/

Get off of brushes, I will get you some tutorials that will help you out. But, for now send me the render I will make some **** up.

@Gojira- yeah I still play melee
hey, HEY hug YOU

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Sinz was a little harsh, but I sorta agree with him. I think they could of been better. But I think they couldn't be better because he was rushed for them. If he did more work on them, he definetely could of done better. (I really have no way to compare his work, I'm just going off of those two, and maybe he did spend time on it, but didn't post them until recently, again, I have no idea)

Honestly, I thought the second was better, since there is more going around. The first did fit Lucario's persona, but it felt like one huge blue background with nothing going on in it (like X's sig has this cool wave thing going on). But then the second doesn't fit Lucario's persona, which is what makes both of them weak.

I think Dryu could of done better if, and if my thoughts on this are correct, he spent a great deal more time on it. Make them more like X's sig, or this...

...and I think we got something.

Also, I plan to post that picture I showed everyone on Thursday at the PnT for everyone who didn't see it.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Heh, apologies to Fate for wrestling/Jui-Jitsu in the PnT. I was bored.

I should teach you guys some Brazillian Jui-Jitsu. I haven't done it for a few years, but I still know a few things. But I did think it was funny everyone was telling me to tap out when, in reality, I had the advantage. I guess it's not wrestling in a sense, where you have to pin the guy down first. It's more...making your opponent pass out first...or break a bone.

Next time we meet in an open area, I'll teach the Utah smash scene how to defend themselves. It's hella fun.

~Glory to the Hypno-Toad

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Yeah I was working extremely fast on the signature. Thanks Lanky for the tips and ideas, and btw, I made X's sig.

As for SinZ: I only use brushes when I am working fast, but yeah I gotcha :]

DZLE

Smash Master
Lol and while we are at it lanky I can teach the utah smash scene:
Korean Tae Kwon Do
American Tae Kwon Do
Kenpo
Kendo
Aaido
Buddha Palm
and Drunken Fist.

EDIT: I am the UT Smash Scene Bouncer, after all.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
yoroshiku nee

What does that mean in Asian?
Don't you mean, "What does that mean in English?"
It's Japanese for a lot of things. One of them is "nice to meet you".

But there are other people that can help clarify... (Looks at Crea, DZLE, and PC)

DZLE

Smash Master
Yoroshiku Ne~

"Nice to meet you"
"Welcome"

Along those lines.

EDIT: Actually Yoroshiku Ne is more nice to meet you.
Yoroshiku Desu is more welcome / nice to meet you. XD

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Its a phrase that can be used in a lot of situations that doesn't really have a single direct translation.

DZLE

Smash Master

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Lol and while we are at it lanky I can teach the utah smash scene:
Korean Tae Kwon Do
American Tae Kwon Do
Kenpo
Kendo
Aaido
Buddha Palm
and Drunken Fist.

EDIT: I am the UT Smash Scene Bouncer, after all.
Ha, you weren't there when it happened. You shouldn't of bailed so quickly.

But...I highly doubt you know all of those...unless you went for one lesson and left, in which case...I would know more...(not rippin on your bouncer skills DZLE)

I just want to teach it cause I haven't done it in a while and it's fun. It's a pretty awesome martial arts. It's used a LOT in stuff like UFC. My teacher and him and his sons compete in stuff like that. It's fun if anyone is interested. We just won't do it in the PnT...

~Glory to the Hypno-Toad

DZLE

Smash Master
Lol yeah jiujitsu is pretty fly.
I have my blackbelt in korean tae kwon do.
I studied American tae kwon do for half a year.
I did kenpo for a year.
I did kendo for 2 years.
I did Aaido for 2 years.
I studied buddha palm and drunken fist with my brother.

So Yeah i am not like pro in any of them really, but just did them at one point for at least a year. And I havent done any of them for probably over a year, so I am way rusty and fat now.

And why not at the pnt?! A video game store is a prime location for TEACHING TO FIGHT!!!

lol.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Yaz was on top of Lanky with his back to him. After words when people left Lanky said "If I could have gotten on top I could have broken his arm".

wangston

Smash Lord
I heard Yaz was talking shi about his boozer. Then Lanky talkded shi about Yaz's meatknight then yaz went balls out and blind side colbusman. Yaz may have been on top but he was losing and he tapped out. In the end it looked like they were having gay sex and yaz liked it hehehehe.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I heard Yaz was talking shi about his boozer. Then Lanky talkded shi about Yaz's meatknight then yaz went balls out and blind side colbusman. Yaz may have been on top but he was losing and he tapped out. In the end it looked like they were having gay sex and yaz liked it hehehehe.
Such a pinpoint and accurate explanation. :laugh:
As expected of Wangston. Even if he just heard it from someone.

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
He would.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Really? Cause that sounds more like what I did to your mother last night.

The next tourney is gonna be either really weird, or really fun.

~Glory to the Hypno-Toad

Top Bottom