• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
LOL this is all to good. Pages 217-219 ftw
Smash is falling apart in the UT scene :(

Geez hammertime i was just saying i loved you cause i thought you were cool.

Kenny story ftw

Nul

Smash Apprentice
Thanks guys, I wanted to play both of you two friendlies and X more, but being a multi-tourny there isn't much time for that.

XD Corrupt Fate/File, I'll be there and I'll make sure my camera doesn't kirk out like that.

BTW, who was the other yoshi I saw? I'm being too forgetful at the moment.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for recording out matches Nul. I just watched the set between me and you. :]

Also youre Yoshi is good! I almost makes me want to go back and main Yoshi like I used to. Keep up the good work.

Also when will rankings be posted? Or were they lost under the mass barrage of posts overnight?

EDIT: The other Yoshi might have been Rade or me during some friendlies.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
You know, I think Spudz has said it the best. I don't want to intervene in your personal endeavors because I know how you feel and why you're doing what you must do. All I want to say is, don't let this tournament ruin the smash scene for you guys.

I've been coming to these tournies since October, and I have a sense for how people are feeling, and I felt that everyone was having a bad day. This tourney took a toll on a lot of people. It's discouraging, yes, but it shouldn't ruin the fun you guys have with this game. Sometimes, yes, we tend to get a little out of hand, but we're just like you guys. We come to these tournies to have fun, hang out and talk with our friends, make new friends and help them achieve more.

Spudz and I faced you, bluepeach and hammer, in the teams bracket. You have a lot of potential. You are good players. We, and by this I mean the Utah Smash Scene, don't want to see you leave so soon. We want you guys to come to tournies. Don't let this tournament make you think less of us. You've said it yourself, you enjoyed seeing some new faces yesterday. We come to have fun. We're just like you guys.

Please, keep coming to these tournaments. We'll try our hardest to give you a d*** good time, cause we want you to have a d*** good time. I really hope you read this and know we never meant to scare you away, and that one bad tourney doesn't mean everyone of them will be the same.

EDIT: Nul, those vids were amazing. Now I know who you are amongst the people. Next tourney, we're doing some friendlies, ok?

Nul

Smash Apprentice
I wish i could see a good yoshi :(
do you play wifi? even though it aint that good?

Yea, I do Wifi a little bit, I can get it set up right now, I'm as lagless a possible (LAN adaptor + 7 MBpS) - yea, computer college means massive internet required.

Code: 3265-8048-3599

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I do Wifi a little bit, I can get it set up right now, I'm as lagless a possible (LAN adaptor + 7 MBpS) - yea, computer college means massive internet required.

Code: 3265-8048-3599
my code is up by my location so yaeh. ok lets play right now lol i might lag cause my cousins are on the internet too. but lets see. do you have msn or anything?
Msn oversized_arzola@hotmail.com
Aim davidthetooter

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Sorry I was unable to come to this after saying that I would :(, a few things came up that were a bit out of my control.

As for reading up on the past few pages...I am not even sure how to fell about all of this or what I should be doing, But I do know that this thread is for tourney discussion and the past few pages didn't seem to fit that. I highly recomend that this stops, but if you would like discuss this more between the parties involved take is some where else.

There are a few things that I would like to say before it stops though, and if you would like to point something out to me PM me.

1) Ken neth did act wrong and out of charater. He does know this is wrong and although I don't know him as well as some people I do know him enough to say that he is sorry and given the chance he would do whats right. However, that doesn't make what he did right I have been saying all my life that saying sorry is not a fix all. I am sure that Hammer and Kenny both know this and will do whats right.

2) Hammer, I know how you feel about what Kenny did. Back in High school a guy I know saw me handing my girl friend money so that she could get lunch, he then called her the same thing and I acted on it. Kenny made a mistake and I am sure that what happened, happened because of much more then getting DQed, we have all had our moments where one little thing pushed us over the edge. Again that doesn't make it ok, but its a start.

3) I would like to see you and your friends at future events, I have yet to even see you in person let alone play any of you. Again I do understand where you are comming from and don't expect the ranting of someone you have never met to change that. Again I can promise you that Kenny didn't mean what he said, every time I have ever ask him about you two the answer has always been. "They arn't up to our level of smash yet, but both of them are very cool people who you would like."

Pulmonox

Smash Rookie
Hey Everyone;
I was one of the new smashers on the scene yesterday. My smash name is Breakfast, and I came with Bluepeach and Hammer on their invitation, mostly due to my love of Smash. I mostly used Ness and Capt. Falcon yesterday, and though I didn't honestly believe I would win anything (being my first real smash tourney with competition rules), I mostly just came to see some skilled players and play my favorite game of all time.

I even got some of my best Falcon Punches and Thunder Missile attacks to boot. I was quite proud of myself.

I didn't get to play many of you, but I did have to honor of facing Yaz in the brackets... even killed him twice the first match, though he three stocked me the second time (I don't know why I picked Sonic... I guess I thought I might need the speed to get inside that wall he likes to put up). Anyway, he told me that my offense was good, but my defense needs work, as I roll and dodge too much and it becomes predicable (this is a result of playing constantly with a friend of mine who will grab you every time you try to shield, so I can understand this to be true).

Now, reading through the forums here, I'm a little less impressed. Aside from a few people who went out of their way to say hi to me, I didn't get to meet many of the smashers there. I'm not the most social type, so I can partly blame myself for not taking the initiative (not to mention, I'm horrible with names). My point is, though, that I'm not about to jump to conclusions.

I know Hammer and Bluepeach personally. They are friends of mine who I have smashed with for some time whenever I can get the chance. I know Peach to be a fiery one at times, but they both invited me on the good faith that I would enjoy the experience and have the opportunity to meet some of the more prominent smashers in the state. I was rather surprised then, at how cold some of the members seemed, in stark contrast to what I was told was the general personalities of the smash scene.

Now, Peach and Hammer were thoughtful enough to explain en route to the tourney, a few happenings in the weeks prior to now that might have some adverse effects to some of the more prominent members' moods. I can understand having a piss poor day, week, month.... year, and I myself have tried (sometimes in vain) to repair a relationship that I had destroyed because of a thoughtless word on a bad day.

In no way do I condone the words that were used thoughtlessly to describe my friends (and have to admit, that I am frankly disgusted), but at the same time, if what had happened to others the past few weeks had happened to me, I probably wouldn't be able to think straight either. Having been on both sides of this issue, I leave it to the parties involved to sort it out, should they feel inclined to do so.

I guess all I really want to say is that, despite the overall mood, I was nevertheless impressed with the skill I found there. I will probably never be able to manipulate a controller to the degree that I witnessed in the hands of some of you, though I wish I could have played some more friendlies. Yes, I am a noob as many of you would put it, but I don't think my skill to be at all shoddy, merely unrefined. As such, I hope to have the opportunity to play with you some more, and hopefully, on a better day. I'm always looking for an opportunity to play smash brothers, and even if I'm not as competitive as many, you may be surprised that I could still give you a run for your money. If I have the time, I'll be back.

On a side note, however, I did leave a jacket behind at the home. It was a Bright Blue/Black heavy winter jacket, that was carelessly left on a chair in the far corner in front of the Melee TV. If possible, I would like to recover it. If anyone knows where that ended up, if you would be so kind as to tell me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Hey, it is always good to see new people join. Welcome. Hopefully you stick around. Sorry if I made the tourney any less enjoyable for you. But don't worry, chances are I won't be there if you come again, so you won't have to to worry about me :laugh:

But really, it's nice to have new people around.

Nul

Smash Apprentice
Yo breakfast, that breakfast v waffle match was some nice stuff there, and the names were just perfect.

I do remember seeing your jacket, I don't think anyone took it, but I left a bit after the SF tourny started. My guess is that it's still at FTS's.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hey, Breakfast, didn't you do some friendlies in Melee with me and Joke on teams?
You had a CPU Luigi as partner.

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
wow i completely missed out on all the drama. ggs everyone that i fought. nice try X. marco, thanks for foreiting lol i had a huge headache and just wanted to be done. all you with character johns, pick up mk :)

Pulmonox

Smash Rookie
BreakFast! Hey! I remember you!

Your like as good as I am at streetfighter haha. It was nice meeting you yo.
I don't know if I was quite as good as you, but I've only played the game twice before.

But don't worry, chances are I won't be there if you come again, so you won't have to to worry about me :laugh:
Aw, c'mon... what other chance will I have to play one of the top ranked players in Utah?

Yo breakfast, that breakfast v waffle match was some nice stuff there, and the names were just perfect.
Yeah... I think with a little more practice, I can get him... I'll just have to show up more, I guess.

I do remember seeing your jacket, I don't think anyone took it, but I left a bit after the SF tourny started. My guess is that it's still at FTS's.
Is there any way I can get a hold of him?

Hey, Breakfast, didn't you do some friendlies in Melee with me and Joke on teams?
You had a CPU Luigi as partner.
Yeah, that was me. Considering I had a comp for a partner, I thought I did pretty well :).

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Now, reading through the forums here, I'm a little less impressed. Aside from a few people who went out of their way to say hi to me, I didn't get to meet many of the smashers there. I'm not the most social type, so I can partly blame myself for not taking the initiative (not to mention, I'm horrible with names). My point is, though, that I'm not about to jump to conclusions.
Heh, I remember you. I made a stupid joke about your name. Something like..."Daily dose of "Breakfast" everyday!" Seriously though...make that your catchphrase!

But sorry if I didn't make a more "formal" intro. The tourney was hell on everyone, and there was a whole lot of new people, so I didn't get a chance to say hi to everyone! I promise, next tourney you come, I will say hi, give my mandatory hug, and play some smash with ya, both Melee and Brawl.

How's that for being friendly?

EDIT:
Now, Peach and Hammer were thoughtful enough to explain en route to the tourney, a few happenings in the weeks prior to now that might have some adverse effects to some of the more prominent members' moods. I can understand having a piss poor day, week, month.... year, and I myself have tried (sometimes in vain) to repair a relationship that I had destroyed because of a thoughtless word on a bad day.
Oh man, I remember something! Vegas was the week before! I don't blame any of the smashers for their crappy mood. I've heard the story. I understand!

I mean, I really don't know what Kenny said. It was deleted before I could see it, but I understand sort of what he said. Dude, this tourney really did have a huge toll on the smashers. Half of us were pissed over the Vegas trip, and there were some of us who just came out of Spring Break (myself included). All of us were rusty.

Man, don't let this tournament think less of the others. I'm betting ToF next weekend will be a blast...if all the Mormons here decide to come, that is.

Well, anyway, nice to meet you...or make a stupid joke in your direction, I guess. Hope to see you in a future tourney!

bluepeach

Smash Cadet
Dude the tourney was not that bad, definitely didn't put me and Hammer off the smash scene. It was the obscene page long comment ending in telling me to stop being such a wh0re that put us off the smash scene. As you can see by what we told breakfast on the way there, we were nothing but sympathetic to Kenny till he turned his wrath on us.
The tourney itself, since that was what this topic was about, I really didn't think it was all that smelly or crowded, but then I'm used to our college gaming club. So it's not really you guys that will keep us from future tourneys, but more like the analogy I told Kenny in a pm: If I was having a BAD day/week/month, got mad at a smash tourney and kicked someone hard in the balls before apologizing profusely and telling them I was having a bad day and it's so unlike me, they would probably eventually be able to forgive me and believe that it was really me, not them...but their balls would still be sore and they would probably still be wary of being around me for fear of the next "bad day" they have. As I told Kenny I never believed he is a bad person and even after he called me that I told him right out in the post that other than that day he was nothing but awesome. I'm glad I brought breakfast, like I said in my post, he's not about the "nice" people so he'll be back for sure.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
UST 12 Results

UST 12 Results

Brawl 2v2:

1: X + Lada
2: KenNeth + Yaz
3: Wangston + Dryu
4: Lanky + Spudz
5: BluePeach + HammerTime
5: Rade + Waffle
7: GangstaKirby + Kirby2016
7: PZT + Gojira
7: Olumn + Gawl

Brawl 1v1:

1: Yaz
2: Dark Ryu
3: X
4: KenNeth
5: Lada
5: Rade
7: Spudz
7: WaffleCan
9: BluePeach
9: Lanky
9: Nul
9: Wangston
13: Breakfast
13: GangstaKirby
13: Minato
13: Oulmn
17: DJ
17: Gawl
17: HammerTime
17: Joke
17: Kirby2016
17: PZT
17: Sada

Melee 1v1:

1: Perfect Chaos
2: FoxTheStampede
3: Gojira
4: Dark Ryu
5: Minato
5: Lanky
7: Joke
7: Gangsta Kirby

SF4:

Results won't be hosted here, check SRK. For the record, there were 15 people.

I got the feeling that the vast majority of the attendees considered the tournament an awesome success. 4 tournaments in one day is really brutal on the schedule, though :( Even worse is that after SF4 ended at around 1 am; me, Zack, and several SF4 players had to clean up an insane amount of trash left from much earlier in the day. That is not acceptable. Btw, starting the extended edition of the Return of the King at 2:30am is bad for sleeping.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I liked this tourney (since I wasn't involved in the crossfire).

FTS, awesome job hosting the tourney.
4 tourneys in one day was seriously a lot. I'm surprised everything finished in a decent amount of time.
I would've loved to stay longer and play SF IV, but I had to head home. It was already past midnight.

P.S. PC's "girlfriend" reminded me of a real life Haruhi. Something I did NOT want to ever experience in real life.
i.e. Someone that is rude, agressive, overly demanding, and obsessive. LOL

EDIT: Time for you know what... Character results.

Brawl 1v1:

1: Yaz (MK)
2: Dark Ryu (Wario and Diddy)
3: X (Sonikku za Hejjihoggu)
4: KenNeth (Big Boss i.e. Naked Snake)
5: Lada (ROB?)
5: Rade (Random? LOL)
7: Spudz (
Solid
Snaaaaake)
7: WaffleCan (Kaabi)

As you can tell, I'm bored out of my mind.
I just got off work...

And tell me any adjustments/changes to the character results.
As always, I'll submit them around Thursday noon.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
bluepeach, why do you keep bringing it up? I have already apologized countless times, I even sent you an extremely sincere apology in a PM. What more do you want?

Plus, you've heard all the language at tourneys now, and it is a LOT more crude than "wh0re." Now-a-days it does not mean the literal meaning. It's just like calling someone "gay" or a "f4g" or telling someone "screw you." It doesn't mean anything close to the literal meaning of it, and is just meant as a simple insult- not to the proportion that you have blown it up to be.

I don't see why you are getting so offended to the point where you won't even let it drop, even after my countless apologies, explanations, and attempts to make amends. Seriously, no one wants to read all of this, nor should they have to. Please keep it to PMs like I had asked you earlier.

bluepeach

Smash Cadet
Dude I was clarifying my feelings about the tourney in response to TGF's post, making sure people knew the tourney was fine, it was YOU we had a problem with. So that people don't get confused about why we aren't returning for more tourneys as people have asked in this thread. Some of them didn't see what you did before you deleted it and didn't understand why we wouldn't come to more tourneys. I was responding to them, not you, so no Pm. And don't worry, unlike you, when I say no more posts, I mean it. So me and Hammer are done. At least till summer, when you're gone. Peace out.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
P.S. PC's "girlfriend" reminded me of a real life Haruhi. Something I did NOT want to ever experience in real life.
i.e. Someone that is rude, agressive, overly demanding, and obsessive. LOL[/color]
Heh, she HATES being refered to as PC's "girlfriend". HATES!! Plus, everything you said, can be put into one word..."crazy"...and crazy chicks...are...AWESOME!!

But rade, I remember you went Yoshi against wangston to grab the win, and I never saw you use Fox. So, following the rules we were previously questioning, wouldn't you put Wario and Yoshi?

But man, you play a good Wario...keep using him.

Bbydeath

Smash Rookie
i.e. Someone that is rude, agressive, overly demanding, and obsessive. LOL

OUCH MINATO THAT HURTS.
You basically just tore my heart to a million little pieces
):

and I thought maybe we could become friends, hangout sometime, grab dinner or something.
But I guess I'm basically a "B*t*c*" according to your comment?

Thanks dude.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Anyone see my sexy DI against team spuds and lanky? lol I survived a fresh uptilt and ftilts at like 150+%
:]]

Oh and we should do this tournament April 25th.
That was anything but fresh. I up tilted you at least 7 times before that. :laugh:

-note to self, do not stale u-tilt.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
You have to hit something that's not a shield in order for it to count. Simply attacking the air won't reset your other attacks' damage. And one attack that hits multiple times only counts as one hit for the purpose of damage deterioration.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
You have to hit something that's not a shield in order for it to count. Simply attack the air won't reset your other attack's damage. And one attack that hits multiple times only counts as one hit for the purpose of damage deterioration.
What he said.

Top Bottom