• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
MA2 will have Brawl Singles and Brawl Teams
MA3 will have Melee Singles or Teams and Brawl Teams
Pattern for the future hasn't been decided yet.

If anyone has any specific requests for vids from MA1 let me know now, with enough information to find it quickly.
BC, yours is first to be uploaded.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Oh, hey, I'll bring my laptop as well for some recording. It will follow me around and pick up my matches, but I'll try and snag others' too. I'm still getting occasional bad captures though, where it twitches out, but it's pretty rare.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Yeah, I'm still coming to this thing. I'll take first for sure! Be afraid of Zelda!

Oh, and I'm bringing some sort of peppers. Again, no clue what kind they are.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
K i've been asked by the mexi crew to bring pizza again so im going to go grab it during the break but if people want me to bring them some pm me your order and ill get it but ill need people to help pay i dont get it free this time so bring me a few bucks to help pay for it.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I would say that it should be for the likes of counter-pick, but hey, I'm fine with it either way. I'm just talking in the sense of how many people whine about it for whatever reason. No one has given an actual reason, only "it sucks."

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Are the stage rules actually going to be enforced this time or is it going to be all non-banned stages are random like last time?

lengeta

Smash Ace
Hanenbow has that sonic glitch, but other than that I just don't personally like it. I don't think there's really any reason to actually up and ban it, it's probably an excellent counter-pick for a lot of characters.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
There will definitely be less stages on random this time.

I have yet to hear or experience any fairness/balance issues with Hanenbow. What is the sonic glitch?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
WTF are you talking about? All allowed stages were on random and it was enforced. Also, not ALL stages were on random last I remember.
I'm talking about the conflicting rules that were used...

The first post states a list of random stages but there were a LOT more than what was on that list used at the tournament.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Mass majority was fine with the change of making every stage, save for obvious ones (Warioware) to be random so that we can all make a decision as to which ones are fine for tournament, either neutral or counterpick, and those which should be banned. That was talked about somewhat between me, Goji, and FTS, with some input from others, but ultimately did not go through. In case you didn't notice, the tournament rules also changed from 4 stock to 3 stock.

This time it's a little more defined as to what stages were not too good and what stages are fine. You can expect those lists to stay.

Gojira

Smash Lord
I'm talking about the conflicting rules that were used...

The first post states a list of random stages but there were a LOT more than what was on that list used at the tournament.
Do you not remember me goign around and setting up the rules on all the TV's? These rules were different then what was originally posted. So there may have been some small confusion.....The rules we used and plan on using are designed to help us figure otu what stages are goign to be allowed.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-gGXMDFsTE
Very situational (opponent has to be under you), and avoidible.
Saw that video, laughed. Saw part two, and laughed a bit harder. Then watched a link to a Falcon Punch glitch video and laughed even harder.

All this in my head, because of a bloody knot in my back that kills me practically everytime I do something to irritate it.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
We should just use MLG rules they go through all the stages and what not to see what is fair I see no reason not to use there info on the game so that we arn't full of stages that people think is unfair.

lengeta

Smash Ace
MLG is killing Brawl, let's stay away from that. The few banned levels, few neutral, and everything else on counter-pick works great. If things need to be changed, we can change them, but their the best rules for the time being. BTW, MLG is using 4-stock no time limit, and you may totally end up playing with that on New Pork City... no thanks.

feelxmyxwrath

Smash Apprentice
I would say that it should be for the likes of counter-pick, but hey, I'm fine with it either way. I'm just talking in the sense of how many people whine about it for whatever reason. No one has given an actual reason, only "it sucks."
Didnt you play masamune on it? Theres no tether recovery on it, thats why it should be banned

Masamunedragon

Smash Rookie
Didnt you play masamune on it? Theres no tether recovery on it, thats why it should be banned
Yes he did, during the tourney too.
Tether recovery works on the stage, however it sometimes doesn't.
It actually failed to work once while I was playing Tsuteto.

I think it has something to do with the amount of ledges available for the tether to grab on to...

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Holy crap I did? I honestly do not remember. As for the tether failure thing... well, that'll just call for experimentation with the different characters ^^

Who were you using Masamune?

lengeta

Smash Ace
Just a quick heads-up. I'm trying to get a bunch of my crew up to this tourny, so unless every single one of them ditches out, I'll be skipping doubles and coming for singles, so expect me there around 3:30.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
You're not going to team up with any of them? :(

Btw, entry fee is $3 for MA2 and will continue to increase by 1 every tourney until 5, probably.

Summit was added to ban list. The loop structure of the stage is bad.

Masamunedragon

Smash Rookie
Holy crap I did? I honestly do not remember. As for the tether failure thing... well, that'll just call for experimentation with the different characters ^^

Who were you using Masamune?
I was playing Zamus.
I tried to recover from between the angled by default leaf on the left and the leaf to the side of it. I know it should have normally grabbed on because after Zamus' downB I was in the middle of the tether recovery range.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Hey it looks like I'll be able to make it to this tourney. I'm excited to get my butt kicked, seeing how little i have played brawl. It should be fun.

Lada

Smash Apprentice
So can we have any crew battles tomorow with the mexican brigade? CREW WHO LOSES EATS JALEPENOS!

Red_Fog

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, guess I'll be going to this tournament as well! I'll have to show up later though so no team matches for me :(, but i should be able to get there in time for singles. But yeah, I'm new to this tourney thing, just some friends have suggested it to me, been playin a bit, so hope to provide a challenge.
-Red_Fog
aka Trevor

kirbyspamm

Smash Rookie
I'v e been recommended by a friend to come to this tournament. So I might be there for teams and maybe singles

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Btw, make sure you tell me who you come with when you register. Otherwise I will not know that I'm supposed to seed you apart. Several people played their friends first round today.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Metal Awesome 2 Results

Metal Awesome 2 Results

Singles:

1: Dai-A
2: Lada
3: Xtinction
4: Perfect Chaos
5: Wild Child
5: Gojira
7: Zeth