• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
You were afraid of the tiara, that's why you died ^^

And 500th post.

EDIt: And behold! Tradition stays in! FTS, my glasses appear to be at your house still in their case. It's brown, and it was next to the solo TV on the wall. If you could hold on to them until the next tourney, that'd be appreciated.

And man... one more tournament, then I get to hang up the ropes for awhile... yeesh....

lengeta

Smash Ace
Man, Mexibrigade, we're going to have to get together and get our game on. I wasn't expecting a good Wolf at all, Lada, very sexy. I'm sad I didn't get to play so many of you, and it especially hurts since this is my first tourny for Brawl, so I don't feel like I know where I belong since I don't know how I stack up against everyone. I'll most likely be coming by myself again at the next one so I'll be around a lot more for some friendlies. But dropping to loser's bracket from Salv who ended up ranking so low, and then getting oust by 3rd... yeah. Lots of new things at this tourny I hadn't seen.

I feel really bad my crew wasn't prepared at all (BRNT was playing really badly IMO, he's better than thay, and Tom just didn't know how to strategize against a lot of players none of us down here play as **coughmarthcough**), and none of them seem to want to continue in the competitive seen. I'm always heartbroken when people "play the game for fun" but somehow don't catch on to how much more fun it is to follow the game competitivly. Two of them are married though, and they're the typical mormon couples meaning they had to hurry home to their non-stop nagging wives they claim to love. Seriously, they can't hang out for 3 hours on a weekend, Utah ****ing blows at marriage.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
ya it was a pretty good tourney, i liked your buds layne they were pretty cool, and your pit was amazing i had my but handed to me

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
YES!I WON THREE MONTHLY TOURNAMENTS IN A ROW!!!!! :) anyways if i do go next time. i would like to see a melee tournament(preferably singles) :) anyways FTS my partners name was Zeth(so you might want to edit the results lol) If i do go next time I'm partnering up with S@G3.(S@G3 you should plan a smashfest in early may) thanks for letting me take pictures with all you guys that took pictures with me. Here's my youtube channel so subscribe,add,comment. On my channel are both the reactions of the pepper matches.

http://www.youtube.com/dai667

al-x_clip

Smash Apprentice
wow my first tourney ever hahah it was such a blast everyone there was way friendly and just awesome!!!!! oh haha btw FP your ice climbers were so sexy i was amazed

slave1

Smash Lord
he is some new person who just started to play semi copetitively. i wanted to play him but didnt have a chance.

trevor got owned. it was funny. har har har. he is never going to hear the end of this in my history class. but its ok he doesnt play that much either

and thanks zeth for saying i have the best PT he has played against. if i ever get around to playing more i need to take you on sometime. i know i will get owned but it is always good parctice.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Speaking of which i would like to change my name to.......................................... DAI-X! lol jk

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
If this tournament is already over, we should move discussion to a results thread in the Tournament Results forum.

EDIT: Back open because apparently you guys reuse this same thread for multiple tournaments. Sorry for the inconvenience.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
There isn't enough people to do a Melee tournament. Who other than the 4 people who played last tournament and the 4 who said they would and didn't would want to do a Melee tournament?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I think there would be because it'd be a planned thing, not a last minute tourney. I couldn't make the switch between Brawl and Melee simply because I'm too used to being able to airdodge while I'm "stunned" in the air.

I'm sure you'd get more people for melee this time around.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
I heard if theres gona be melee singles at the MA3 S@G3 might host his own tournament on the 17th for brawl singles.
ya me, FP, and S@G3 are all looking into hosting a brawl, teams/singles tourney sometime in may, AP tests will have to be done before we can do it though, but we will get back to you with an actaul date, but as it stands S@G3 would definitely be hosting it(not to far from FtS's house)

Gojira

Smash Lord
ya me, FP, and S@G3 are all looking into hosting a brawl, teams/singles tourney sometime in may, AP tests will have to be done before we can do it though, but we will get back to you with an actaul date, but as it stands S@G3 would definitely be hosting it(not to far from FtS's house)
Seperating the smash scene up would be bad. Lets just host a normal brawl tourney and work melee in somehow down the road.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
MA2 will have Brawl Singles and Brawl Teams
MA3 will have Melee Singles or Teams and Brawl Teams
Pattern for the future hasn't been decided yet.

If anyone has any specific requests for vids from MA1 let me know now, with enough information to find it quickly.
BC, yours is first to be uploaded.
Just like the post says: MA3 will have Melee singles OR teams and Brawl teams.
So if its still true, MA3 will have melee somehow...

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Seperating the smash scene up would be bad. Lets just host a normal brawl tourney and work melee in somehow down the road.
I'll touch this later when my thoughts are a bit more coherent compared to right now. But for a standalone comment: I doubt it.

And yes, FTS did say that. However a last minute melee tourney was called in which less than 10 people said they'd compete, with over 30 competitors. Problem when people are saying "let's get melee back"? Hell yes.

We could experiment and run a Heavy Brawl tourney. Changes the game up, and makes combos (Which everyone really misses when it comes down to it) possible. Yes, I did just suggest that.

Gojira

Smash Lord
And yes, FTS did say that. However a last minute melee tourney was called in which less than 10 people said they'd compete, with over 30 competitors. Problem when people are saying "let's get melee back"? Hell yes.
It was not at the last moment, i had told the mexican brigade i would try to host one at the end of the tourney so it was kind of a secret smash tourney if we got enough people.

BTW I WILL be bringing MvC2 (the greatest fighting game to ever exist) to the next tourney. I on the side will be hosting a free MVC2 tourney to see if people can get interested in it. I think its safe to say many will like it, for at its base its rather simple like smash, but when its advanced tactics are used....well....its....simply the best you can have.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Telling four people does not constitute as planning. That's more of "If others are interested as well" thing. I think only half the mexi crew actually participated, but I'm really not sure, so don't quote me on that. It was still a last minute plan, pure and simple, just planned for the last minute.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
allright SOOOOOOOOO, is MA3 going to have brawl teams AND singles? or is it still gonna be melee singles, besides if we hold it on different dates is it really splitting up the smash scene?

Xtinction

Smash Journeyman
no. no melee singles. no. just brawl. and yeah ive been talking to ppl and they have been saying they dont want melee singles. just make it a normal brawl tourny.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
There isn't enough people to do a Melee tournament. Who other than the 4 people who played last tournament and the 4 who said they would and didn't would want to do a Melee tournament?
I shouldn't need to repeat myself. As far as I know, only Gojira, Crea, PC, and Ciz would enter any kind of Melee tourney.

Btw, X, I don't listen to anonymous "people". Don't give me that BS.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Mass PM time? I'll handle that and get as much word out for the melee half. Would you be fine with that FTS? I know you know (or at least I hope you know) that I won't skew results.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
You can do that if you want. I expected people to post, like Crea did, though. Just confirmable names would be good enough.

Looks like we will have a 3rd mini tourney no matter what happens (MvC2 if nothing else).

Xtinction

Smash Journeyman
anonymous ppl?? whats that mean?? SAGE and them have been saying they are gonna run a brawl tourny, cuz you have been saying there was gonna be a melee singles

edit: i would love a MVC2 tournament!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
K here is how I see it from reading everyones posts. We have MA3 at FTS's house (when we decide to) if we plan to have melee singles or teams then it sounds like there will be an all brawl at Sages house on a different date then FTS's MA3. If there is no melee then there is no reason to have a thing at Sages house. And if we do need to have one at Sage's house then it wont split the smash seen if we do it on a different day people can go to both.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Do I have to read up on MvC2 just to own you later X? XD

And I'll do that FTS. While it'd be nice for people to stop by, I really wonder at times for the least. Hell, I'll even message Jeyt ^^

harpuia190

Smash Ace
K here is how I see it from reading everyones posts. We have MA3 at FTS's house (when we decide to) if we plan to have melee singles or teams then it sounds like there will be an all brawl at Sages house on a different date then FTS's MA3. If there is no melee then there is no reason to have a thing at Sages house. And if we do need to have one at Sage's house then it wont split the smash seen if we do it on a different day people can go to both.
QFT thats mah boi

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Thanks it sound like it'll work now if i'm right very few people wanta melee thing I never went to the melee thing with all you guys but from what i heard then we never had this many people there was 35+ at MA2 so it looks like way more people want brawl even if they never post in the treads but I think a vote would help.

Top Bottom