• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I am going to be gone on the 21st. I'll be in Havasupai that weekend.

Either of the other dates will work for me most likely.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
What else do you think I do for several hours waiting for any of 3 matches easily within view to finish? O_o
...socialize, keep track of brackets, whack the Mexican brigade with your new fly swatter, or keep Gojira from performing any friendlies or money matches during the tournament.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What characters did these people use?

1: Dai-A
2: X
3: Sage
4: PerfectChaos
5: Gojira
5: Tsuteto
7: Rade
7: Staz

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Dai-A: Snake (I believe, though he may correct you)
X: Sonic
Sage: Metaknight and G&W
PC: I know he uses Zelda/Sheik, but I don't know aside from that, he'll correct
Goji: Dedede
Tsuteto: Zelda (I did use Marth against Sage, but I don't consider him a main yet)
Rade: I don't even know anymore with his vast array
Staz: Marth

May I ask why you ask? I'm assuming something to do with tier speculations, but I'm never sure

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Rade(myself) would like to be put down as wario(besides i am totally practicing with him exclusively), i used him every match, doesn't PC use Metaknight as well? and Dai-a uses falco too i beleive

and i believe i can do any of those days but a specific one would be nice :)

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Dai-A used Snake more though in the tourney IIRC. Shame I never fought him. I totally would've gimped him.

___X___

Smash Lord
Dai-A: Snake (I believe, though he may correct you)
X: Sonic
Sage: Metaknight and G&W
PC: I know he uses Zelda/Sheik, but I don't know aside from that, he'll correct
Goji: Dedede
Tsuteto: Zelda (I did use Marth against Sage, but I don't consider him a main yet)
Rade: I don't even know anymore with his vast array
Staz: Marth

May I ask why you ask? I'm assuming something to do with tier speculations, but I'm never sure

yeahh i think you should change snake to FALCO, he uses snake often, but falcos his main and he usese him more.
but im wondering why that person asked about who we used?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Just because someone has a main does not mean they use them. Most of the matches I saw David in he used Snake. But hey, he'll verify when he posts.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
isn't he incharge of which guys are winning the most match he has a thread that can tell you who is winning the most and what places they are getting its very nice it puts snake and mk at top

___X___

Smash Lord
isn't he incharge of which guys are winning the most match he has a thread that can tell you who is winning the most and what places they are getting its very nice it puts snake and mk at top
ohhh, really? neva knew that :dizzy:

but anyways, i think the tourny is gonna be jun... umm 28?
cuz most ppl cant on the other dates, and i bet more ppl will come since its gonna be in like a month

also the mexican brigade is good with any of thos dates

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Pfft, I can't represent Zelda anymore. That sucks. Someone should represent her for me. Aside from PerfectC. Freakin' noob. </sarcasm>

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL This Zelda rivalry of ours is pretty fun! All the trash talking during and after our matches. I don't think we've ever fought in singles, though; only in doubles. Anyway, it's too bad you're leaving. I've only recently gotten to know you, and you're a pretty cool guy (the fact that you're a Haruhi fan makes you even cooler :)). Have a safe trip...and in two years, if you still like to Smash it up (and if the community still exists), then you'll be back to witness my Zelda trumping all. :p ;)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pfft, I can't represent Zelda anymore. That sucks. Someone should represent her for me. Aside from PerfectC. Freakin' noob. </sarcasm>
(Pet Peeve) You know, you've got to open the sarcasm tag with "< sarcasm>" first before ending it with "< /sarcasm>". Otherwise it's ambiguous as to what was sarcastic!

< /nerd>
< /irony>

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
LOL This Zelda rivalry of ours is pretty fun! All the trash talking during and after our matches. I don't think we've ever fought in singles, though; only in doubles. Anyway, it's too bad you're leaving. I've only recently gotten to know you, and you're a pretty cool guy (the fact that you're a Haruhi fan makes you even cooler :)). Have a safe trip...and in two years, if you still like to Smash it up (and if the community still exists), then you'll be back to witness my Zelda trumping all. :p ;)
Yeah, not showing up on the smash scene does that to a person XD But don't worry, I'll come back and show you how Zelda really works it ^^

(Pet Peeve) You know, you've got to open the sarcasm tag with "< sarcasm>" first before ending it with "< /sarcasm>". Otherwise it's ambiguous as to what was sarcastic!

< /nerd>
< /irony>
Oh, you *******.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Any date should work for me, I'm pretty sure I'm free the entire month of June as long as I make sure to get work off.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7

< /nerd>
< /irony>

Wait, mods can edit posts without the "post last edited on" thing? Because I swore I saw none of the "</____>" right after you posted, but now it's there without the aforementioned thing.

And as for the tournament: as of right now, I have nothing planned for any of those days. That fact might change, though, so whatever...

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
For next tourney I say that no one should be able to change the brackets around unless they're fightings someone they fight a ton normally. Last tourney zach was supposed to be fighting zeth first round so he claimed something about "seeding" and "shouldn't have to fight someone of equal skill level first round" and moved zeth (my teams partner) to be fighting me.

Our first two battles went to over 150% on the last stock so i don't know how that can't be seen as fighting someone of the same skill level. So for next tourney I vote that people can't change the brackets around just because they're afraid of who they're supposed to fight.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
For next tourney I say that no one should be able to change the brackets around unless they're fightings someone they fight a ton normally. Last tourney zach was supposed to be fighting zeth first round so he claimed something about "seeding" and "shouldn't have to fight someone of equal skill level first round" and moved zeth (my teams partner) to be fighting me.

Our first two battles went to over 150% on the last stock so i don't know how that can't be seen as fighting someone of the same skill level. So for next tourney I vote that people can't change the brackets around just because they're afraid of who they're supposed to fight.
You don't tell me how to do my brackets. I fixed several problems manually before starting the tournament. There is NO reason whatsoever that a team made on the spot should be separated when it would break something somewhere else.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I don't know of anyone who changed the brackets aside from FTS. There was a time when they "seemed" ready but weren't, and everything got changed around still. That might be where the misconception comes from. But the brackets weren't fixed in favor of people.

___X___

Smash Lord
You don't tell me how to do my brackets. I fixed several problems manually before starting the tournament. There is NO reason whatsoever that a team made on the spot should be separated when it would break something somewhere else.
yeah geeze FTS, seeding the bracket for zak>? come one. just let the bracket be. also my bros had to fight against eachother cuz of that switch with the bracket. i also vote with ken that no one touches the bracket.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
yeah but ur bros played on 2nd or 3rd round... So that doesn't matter. Its first round where you can't play with the people you came to the tourney with. (I think thats the rule?)

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
X, Maybe you need to feel what your piece of the bracket is like when it's poorly seeded? It would be a great learning experience, since you say that it would be okay for 1st and 2nd seed to play first round.

___X___

Smash Lord
X, Maybe you need to feel what your piece of the bracket is like when it's poorly seeded? It would be a great learning experience, since you say that it would be okay for 1st and 2nd seed to play first round.

hahaha, go ahead and be a **** and do it, doesnt matter, david said hes not gonna come to the next tournament, so im the best one there, seed me with whome you would like.

and i didnt say it was ok for first and second seed to play, i just said if it was RANDOM then ok i wouldnt care, im not gonna whine about it and say: I DONT WANNA GET OWNED, MAKE ME FIGHT SOMEONE ELS

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
yeah but ur bros played on 2nd or 3rd round... So that doesn't matter. Its first round where you can't play with the people you came to the tourney with. (I think thats the rule?)
It apparently isn't the rule though, since S@G3 and IceWolf played each other first round and they came together. It was even reported and still no change was made about THAT match-up.:dizzy:

I would like to request yet again that Hannenbow be moved to counter-pick statis. I honestly don't remember if it was removed or not for this last tourny, but incase it wasn't I thought that I might request it again.

Zerosumajinken

Smash Rookie
21st or 28th is ideal. I'll be busy all morning on the 14th, and I think there's just overall less conflict once the summer is on its way and that initial hype dies down a little. So yeah.... 21st, 28th... no preference.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I'm not complaining about it only because he was my teammate, nor am I bagging on the way you do the brackets. I'm only saying that gojira was set up to play zeth and when he started complaining about it it got changed. There was no reason for that match up to change except that he didn't want to fight someone who could knock him out first round. I would have happily fought zeth first round if I was really supposed to fight him.

I didn't mean to start something with this, I was just annoyed that the match ups were changed without a legitimate excuse...

harpuia190

Smash Ace
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA GOJI STILL LOST FIRST ROUND ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (barely)
i can understand some complaints about seeding but guys you gotta admit, it was a pretty small tourney, and with most of us coming in groups,(cept for like me, Tsu, PC, and Ken) the chance of you not getting paired with a buddy is pretty slim

Tsu i feel the same way PC does about you, i just barely got to know you but i am enjoying it more and more, i am sad to see you and your zelda go, maybe now i should start using zelda with my shiek :)

as for hanenbow, if a stage like luigi's mansion or new prok is counter pick so should hanenbow

/breathe

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I'm not complaining about it only because he was my teammate, nor am I bagging on the way you do the brackets. I'm only saying that gojira was set up to play zeth and when he started complaining about it it got changed. There was no reason for that match up to change except that he didn't want to fight someone who could knock him out first round. I would have happily fought zeth first round if I was really supposed to fight him.

I didn't mean to start something with this, I was just annoyed that the match ups were changed without a legitimate excuse...
The part that everyone refuses to read in my post (and Tsuteto's) is that Gojira WASN'T supposed to fight Zeth at all. (go look up 5th and 7th seed out of 18=32) When I get back on my laptop I can retrieve the original bracket that I fixed. I haven't yet decided if I should use EXACTLY that bracket for MA4 like you all say, or actually do it correctly.

Also, I was told by 2 people that IceWolf wasn't a part of the FP crew, only the carpool.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
The part that everyone refuses to read in my post (and Tsuteto's) is that Gojira WASN'T supposed to fight Zeth at all. (go look up 5th and 7th seed out of 18=32) When I get back on my laptop I can retrieve the original bracket that I fixed. I haven't yet decided if I should use EXACTLY that bracket for MA4 like you all say, or actually do it correctly.

Also, I was told by 2 people that IceWolf wasn't a part of the FP crew, only the carpool.
I'm just confused about why they couldn't play each other. I still don't see a good reason. If it was because they are too close skill wise then I shouldn't have fought zeth either, seeing how close our matches were.

I'm really not trying to offend anyone so I am sorry if I have. Could you just please give me the reason it was changed. instead of just saying he WASN'T supposed to fight him or go look up 5th and 7th seed. It would be much appreciated.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Ideally, 1st seed fights last seed (32 in this case, which was a bye, since there are less than 32 people) first round. 2nd fights 2nd to last, and so on from there. Gojira and Zeth were both approximately 5th-7th seed, which should be fighting 28-26th seed, not each other. Near the midle, seeds close in skill level will be playing each other. In your case, you performed much better than your seed said you should (approx 17th of 33), so you would be getting a higher seed in the future.

Of course, adding in separating locations tweaks the exact positions.

Top Bottom