• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

YazYaz

Smash Apprentice
hahaha, go ahead and be a **** and do it, doesnt matter, david said hes not gonna come to the next tournament, so im the best one there, seed me with whome you would like.

and i didnt say it was ok for first and second seed to play, i just said if it was RANDOM then ok i wouldnt care, im not gonna whine about it and say: I DONT WANNA GET OWNED, MAKE ME FIGHT SOMEONE ELS
cocky sob haha i'll fight you first round baby ;)

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I'd be wary Yaz. He's cocky with good reason, but being too cocky can lead to his demise.

I'll post my thoughts on a brawl tourney format later. And FTS, I'm just curious, how is seeding determined? PM is fine, info doesn't get leaked out from me.

Oh, and X, don't talk about seeding. You have no idea how it is to run an effective tourney, only the gist.

___X___

Smash Lord
I'd be wary Yaz. He's cocky with good reason, but being too cocky can lead to his demise.

I'll post my thoughts on a brawl tourney format later. And FTS, I'm just curious, how is seeding determined? PM is fine, info doesn't get leaked out from me.

Oh, and X, don't talk about seeding. You have no idea how it is to run an effective tourney, only the gist.
did i ever say i did know how to seed????

and lol nahh im never cocky, only to noobs on Nsider forums lol :p

i love you man. we'll have to MM and we'll see who's cocky after hehehe

and haha i love you to DAWG!
ok ok got it, whoever wins gets to brag! :D

and read what Tsu said, its very true XD

___X___

Smash Lord
It was implied. That, or you just blindly follow what other people say because you fail to formulate your own opinions based on the subject.

Want to take your pick?
@TSU FU** YOU

but dude your way cool, even tho your a smart @$$ XD

dont go on your mish :(

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Got to buddy. Just pray that I don't die on my mish, otherwise I'm never coming back >.>

And thanks for the compliment. Sometimes it's just for the lulz (Raffi), sometimes it's to hopefully get someone to realize something (you guys (mexi crew) mainly) because I know there's a point of success there. Just needs a window or two opened.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Ideally, 1st seed fights last seed (32 in this case, which was a bye, since there are less than 32 people) first round. 2nd fights 2nd to last, and so on from there. Gojira and Zeth were both approximately 5th-7th seed, which should be fighting 28-26th seed, not each other. Near the midle, seeds close in skill level will be playing each other. In your case, you performed much better than your seed said you should (approx 17th of 33), so you would be getting a higher seed in the future.

Of course, adding in separating locations tweaks the exact positions.
That works for me, thanks for clearing that up.

___X___

Smash Lord
Got to buddy. Just pray that I don't die on my mish, otherwise I'm never coming back >.>

And thanks for the compliment. Sometimes it's just for the lulz (Raffi), sometimes it's to hopefully get someone to realize something (you guys (mexi crew) mainly) because I know there's a point of success there. Just needs a window or two opened.
TSU....your words are like a baby's skin...soft and tender... (LOL WTF?!)

but yeah dude we are gonna pray for you, at least your doing something good in your life for once XD

but there will never EVER be a zelda main like you.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
It's because all the other Zelda users are stupid and use old hag Zelda. She needs to be young and beautiful and sexy, like red Zelda.

Then again, trying to put awesome in Zelda like I do can't be imitated. Why? Headwear.

___X___

Smash Lord
It's because all the other Zelda users are stupid and use old hag Zelda. She needs to be young and beautiful and sexy, like red Zelda.

Then again, trying to put awesome in Zelda like I do can't be imitated. Why? Headwear.

hahah shut up TSU! old hag zelda owns! i took your title with her :D

hahaha anyways, hmmm how do i keep this on the subject.. oh yeah umm IS THERE GONNA BE FOOD AT THE MA4!?!?

and tsu, when is your church thing again? this sunday? cuz we are fo sho coming

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Pfft, I doubt that'll ever happened. After my Marth got 4 stocked by FP in Melee, I decided I'd never be full stocked again. That includes Brawl.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
...as for hanenbow, if a stage like luigi's mansion or new prok is counter pick so should hanenbow...
New Pork City is banned, not a counter-pick. Do you mean Port Town Aero Dive? I once accidentally called "New Pork City", "Port Town", since "Pork" and "Port" are similar in spelling/pronunciation, and "Town" and "City" are similar in definition.

...and tsu, when is your church thing again? this sunday? cuz we are fo sho coming

Are you planning on throwing him a "Bachelor Party" at the church? LOL J/K... :p (Inside joke, BTW, for those that have no clue what I'm talking about.)

lengeta

Smash Ace
Seeding's a *****. It's designed to pit the best player against the worst player so the results yield numbered positions based upon known skill level. If 3rd place played 1st place, lost, then played 2nd place and lost, 3rd's in dead last and not where (s)he should be. That's nice... except it isn't at all. Pitting a newcomer against impossible odds is extremely lame. EXTREMELY lame (unless it's an actual, professional event [many details apply to that, that's for another discussion] ). I've stopped paying attention to Nate's seeding because I personally know in the past he's gone through much effort trying to set up people against others they've never played before, and with multiple tournaments I think that's the best way to go. It makes it like a really long round-robin. If you start to notice you're playing the same person a lot and have yet to play others, let him know and he'll usually fix that right up for you. You do need to play everyone at some point in these tournaments, and that includes those you play with every day.

I'd also like to point out Nate's hosting, and he's the ONLY one hosting. You have to get past a LOT of praise before you can hand him any flak.

I should also mention I wouldn't be surprised at Gojira altering brackets to give himself an edge. Play to win, right? As proof, I offer his character Dedede. It will be fun seeing his Magneto/Storm/Sentinel MvC2 team... maybe he'll get really edgey on us and switch Sentinel out for Psylock. Maaayybe. (I just love giving you ****, Zack)

::EDIT::

Just wanna make sure everyone's heard the Wacko-Jacko news too:
Kotaku said:
According to a report from GamePolitics, the judge who presided over Miami lawyer Jack Thompson's Bar trial has recommended to the Florida Supreme Court that he be found guilty on 27 of 31 charges of professional misconduct.
Sadly, GamePolitics is down at the moment.

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
So I don't think that there is any thing wrong with me playing Icewolf in the first round. I had played him once before and that was in a pepper match after the last tourney.

___X___

Smash Lord
oh OH!
i wanna play MVC2!!!!
ill MM anyone who wants to fight me :D

and maybe we can have a tournamnt??

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
So is the next tourney going to be on the 28th then? That's the only date that has no conflicts that have been posted...

Anyone like my new sig? I made it myself :)

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
So is the next tourney going to be on the 28th then? That's the only date that has no conflicts that have been posted...

Anyone like my new sig? I made it myself :)
Dude nice sig!!! Did you use photoshop?? Oh and does anyone like my sig? I make my own as well.
And about the tourney, is FATE going to bring pizza every tourney or something? is this like a new tradition!?!

___X___

Smash Lord
Dude nice sig!!! Did you use photoshop?? Oh and does anyone like my sig? I make my own as well.
And about the tourney, is FATE going to bring pizza every tourney or something? is this like a new tradition!?!
Dryu i love your SIG!! :D

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I use an old version of photoshop elements. Elements is pretty much just a ghetto version of the real photoshop. I wish I had the real photoshop, I could do so much more with it.

And you're sig is awesome, I like it a lot. That is actually what put me in the mood to make mine. I haven't been able to do anything with photoshop recently since I've been so busy with school. I can't wait for summer.

___X___

Smash Lord
I use an old version of photoshop elements. Elements is pretty much just a ghetto version of the real photoshop. I wish I had the real photoshop, I could do so much more with it.

And you're sig is awesome, I like it a lot. That is actually what put me in the mood to make mine. I haven't been able to do anything with photoshop recently since I've been so busy with school. I can't wait for summer.
ken...your sig makes me LOL.

it looks likes snakes ready to shoot the SHI* out olimar hahahah i love it

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace

Oh thats cool, I wish I had photoshop too. I just use GIMP to make my own and im really used to using gimp and making sigs now, so im fine with it. Thats so cool I motivated KEN NETH to make his own sig! :laugh:

Oh and is there going to be PIZZA at every tourney now or what!?!? Cuz smash and pizza is just so pefect.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
well i work at papa johns and might be persuaded to get some...
besides Papa johns > Little SLEAZErs *unless it's the one mike works at :)*

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
What characters did these people use?

1: Dai-A
2: X
3: Sage
4: PerfectChaos
5: Gojira
5: Tsuteto
7: Rade
7: Staz
i use Falco. my 2nd is snake.
Dai-A used Snake more though in the tourney IIRC. Shame I never fought him. I totally would've gimped him.
haha its cause i got bored of falco so i used SS. (Sexual Snake) :p
Tsu sucks at fighting snakes dont worry. I three stocked you at my house or was it two :)?

But anyways i dont think im going to the next one unless something comes up like i have nothing to do. :p all im really going to miss if i stop coming is

All the smashers besides Goji.
Sorry Gojiiiii your a *** :). but yeah what was up with the seeding this past tourney? i had a by then i had to fight corruptfate? I heard it was because gojo didnt want to fight Zeth.
anyways cool sig Ken neth. Make me one :)

oh and btw gojo i was j/k your cool. even though we sprayed you :laugh:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I leave June 4th, so I should be back in the first half of the month for sure. I'll write someone so you guys know so I can come back and get my *** handed to me.

Although I'd laugh if I won the day I came back ^^

___X___

Smash Lord

Sarcasm?.........

Well, I wasn't sure what month you are returning, so I bumped it up a year to make sure...

LOL yes PC... sarcasm :bluejump:

also..... i think we should throw a PARTY for TSU!!!
like.. a smash going away party! what do you guys say? that would be awesome. and we would honor the best zelda main in sate.

and IDC what you say PC.... tsu is always gonna be a better zelda then you :p

Top Bottom