• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UST 15 (Utah Melee Tournament - June)

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Can I call a spot for MvC2? Even though I've NEVER played the game XD

Last tourney, I should get a spot.

PrinceJesse

Smash Cadet
We could always swing by your house, and I can try to convince her.
That would be awesome...

But I need to have a good chat with her as far as what would convince her otherwise.

I don't want you to waste time on something that isn't going to work.

Hopefully I'll have a definite answer soon.

Wish me luck.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So slave says he might not be there for the crew match (panda lap dance vs The mexi's and some white guys) it makes me a sad panda:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Mexican Brigade, do you want a spot in the MvC2 tourney?

Also, make sure you can BYOC if you sign up. I don't have anything to lend, and these things are old or expensive, so good luck asking a random person to lend you one..

lengeta

Smash Ace
@PrinceJesse:
I guess I can't speak for FtS, but I'm going to anyway. Let your parents know they're more than welcome to come along. It's quite a site to see that many people in a basement, but once your parents see it really is just a large group of nerds getting together to play videogames they'll probably be okay with it. It's hard for them because your hanging out with a LOT of people they don't know, not just a few, and in a strange place. If they are still really against it, you can always try hitting up the play-n-trade tournaments. They're in a public place, so it's a much more "safer" environment. We've tried getting public venues before, but it's extremely difficult and it costs a lot of money, so in the end it's not close to worth it for this small of a tourny.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
So, unless not all 4 of the Mexican Brigade wants to enter, or someone shows up without some kind of dreamcast-input-capable device, then spots are full. Layne gets an extra spot if he wants one.

MvC2:
Gojira
FTS
Tsuteto
feelxmyxwrath
Staz
Dai-A
X
Lada
(Lengeta)?

Bringing parents along is alright with me.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I should probably find a controller to use for the MvC2 tourney...

Or if someone wants an instant $3 to let me borrow theirs, that's awesome too ^^

Gojira

Smash Lord
I should probably find a controller to use for the MvC2 tourney...

Or if someone wants an instant $3 to let me borrow theirs, that's awesome too ^^
I should have 2 controlers, do not worry about finding one....however if you do that would help because i may not be able to locate my second controller.

So dopes anyone that is going to enter have one DC controller they can bring?

Staz

Smash Lord
k! so this is how its gona be?

Staz
Dai
X
Lada
Zeth
Alx
prince jesse (maybe?)

we are all riding with you tsu is that right??
and dont worry we are all bringing our 2$.
just makin sure.

EDIT:and btw are we still driving up to orem or are you gona pick us up from springville?

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
I can come and i will bring a TV.
P.S. I don't think Picto Chat should get banned, but I do feel that ElectroPlankton should be made a counter pick.
NO PUN INTENDED!!!

___X___

Smash Lord
hmmm, well i have a friend that has 3 DC controllers... dont know if he will let me borrow them... or i mean just 1... ill askk. and FP.... i love your IC's. they **** beyond imagine

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I'm going to second the motion for Hanenbow to be counterpick. It is in no way neutral, seeing as it'll gimp those with tether recoveries, as well as there being really no good fighting area. Pirate Ship is more neutral than Hanenbow, in all reality.

@Staz: That's cool. Jesse is probably going to get a ride from his parents. If you can get a ride up to Orem, that'd be awesome, but I'd be willing to come down and pick you guys up.

@X: Try to get them, otherwise there probably won't be any tournament. I'd be willing to pitch in $3 for borrowing one, but if he asks for more (god knows why), then you guys would have to pitch some in.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Actually, I'm for taking off Hanenbow from the random list. Pretty much all of the sets that I had (and I'm sure for others as well) in the previous tournament had Hanenbow knocked out just because people didn't want it to be chosen at random. So taking it off the random list might actually make it be used a little more, by seldomly being used as a counterpick, instead of always being knocked out (thus never being able to be used).

___X___

Smash Lord
Actually, I'm for taking off Hanenbow from the random list. Pretty much all of the sets that I had (and I'm sure for others as well) in the previous tournament had Hanenbow knocked out just because people didn't want it to be chosen at random. So taking it off the random list might actually make it be used a little more, by seldomly being used as a counterpick, instead of always being knocked out (thus never being able to be used).
AGREED, everyon hates hanenbow and bans it all the time, might as well take it off random list and and make it a counter pick.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Sarcasm isn't going to help with it getting off the list. Especially if one forgot that you previously said you want it off the list. But since I gave the reminder, I guess it's alright. :p

slave1

Smash Lord
take the devil off. and i banned it every time so did everyone else. it is the devil. so yes put it as a counter pick more than anything else.

oh yea lame story there. i was fox doing an up B. i was going staight at the edge and my fire touched it before i did and the stage moved up and i could no longer grab it. then i died. a painful horrable spiraling death. so deadly that it cant even be descriibed. its like when Cthulu kills you. very scary.

i might show up later. i wont be there for the doubles. i might make it for the singles. and i sould at least be there for the crew battle of the century. :chuckle:

Top Bottom