• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Useless moves....

Blad01

Smash Lord
Hey all !

I come here with a little question... Did you find any use for DTilt and Fair ?

- Dtilt : Range buffed since Melee... Now DSmash is much more usefull, and can punish a roll.
It can't be used to edgeguard now... FTilt (the one wich goes down) is more usefull here...

- FAir : Good Hitbox, but... Too much lag with a SH, and not so much knockback... With a double jump il always prefer Bair, Dair or Nair.

So... Moves to forget ? :/

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Personally, pretty much all of Falco's moves are worth using. Even his Reflector can be used as an offensive move.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I still find d-tilt useful on occasion. It's a good choice when I want a stronger attack than f-tilt, and the enemy is close enough to hit with it, but D-smash would take too long, either starting up or recovery-wise.

Fair... it's difficult to find a use for it, but there is one. In the rare case that the opponent is juust far enough in front of you to hit with fair but not nair (and both of you are well enough off the ground to avoid the landing lag), it is useful. Otherwise it should be reserved for those few opportune moments.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Actually, I've found the barrel roll forward air pretty useful, overall. It's a bit weak, perhaps, but it racks decent damage, and I usually find myself hitting when I use it. Sometimes, it'll work to just basically dash straight into it, but it's usually better to full hop than short hop it. It usually carries the opponent up with you anyway, and if you hold backwards during the move, they'll usually end up too far away from you to retaliate in the lag from the attack, yanno? So it's not useless, at any rate, but it's not something that really needs a lot of thought, either. You just need to get out of the habit of short-hopping it like most people do with any number of character's F-airs.

Down tilt. I don't find myself using it a whole lot either, I'll admit, but it does well at messing up the opponent close-up. If the opponent is already at high % or you don't want to risk a fluke with trying to use the A combo, you can use this attack, I'd say. Not that I'm sure, but doesn't this attack cause tripping like some of the other down-tilts as well? It's hard to tell at times.

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
I think d-tilt is very useful... especially at low percentages... u can combo it with uptilt, uair, usmash, etc...
But for fair... I always end up doing it... and i hate it... i prefer neutral air with a short hop, but since i wanna gain distance in the hop i hold forward and end up doing a fair... it may also be because I'm so used to using it since I'm a former marth player ><

J4pu

Smash Champion
Down tilt. I don't find myself using it a whole lot either, I'll admit, but it does well at messing up the opponent close-up. If the opponent is already at high % or you don't want to risk a fluke with trying to use the A combo, you can use this attack, I'd say. Not that I'm sure, but doesn't this attack cause tripping like some of the other down-tilts as well? It's hard to tell at times.
I don't think this attack can trip as it hits the victim into the air whereas other dtilts mostly hit them back and keep them glued to the ground

platomaker

Smash Journeyman
dtilt is very fast, his reflector is what PKusers should fear. falco's good, except for that uptilt. and upsmash is much better.

Kiro13

Smash Cadet
I don't think any of Falco's moves are bad the only once that is kinda not good is the Forward Air when Short Hopping. And I think his reflector is excellent when fighting the swordsmen like Ike and Marth along with the laser. And the Back Air is one of my favorites of Falco's moveset.

mrbr0wn1e

Smash Cadet
I use Fair to make them bounce higher in the air racking up damage while still leaving them in the air vulnerable for a Uair or Dair. Dtilt, I use it at low% to combo, and at high% to surprise KO, it KO's at a lower percentage than Utilt.

Ichikazu

Smash Rookie
I find fair useful when your approaching with momentum in the air. DI backwards slighty while performing so you can safely get all 5 hits in and fall back without getting injured. Dtilt works well when someone is on the ground or hanging on the edge.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Fair is very underused in my Falco. I generally prefer to Nair someone instead. I use it on rare occasion though, most often it's in a full hop or a short hop that will land off the edge. Sometimes I will use it off the edge because it seems to shield stab a little better than his other aerials, and I want to land a hit so I can get back on safely. I also don't use his d-tilt a whole lot, but it's still used. More often than not I just f-tilt or grab.

BEES

Smash Lord
D-tilt is not the kill move it was in Melee, which is a shame because that would really come in handy on Shadow Moses. It's quick and prioritastic though. Good for interrupting.

Falco's a weird character. You have to rewire yourself to not do forward attacks you instinctively want to do. F-special, F-smash, F-air, all moves that will result in a lot of punishment if you use them without thinking.

Instead of thinking forward, I try to think downward. D-special, D-smash, D-dilt, good spacing and interrupting moves. Good for landings especially. D-air is the most potent kill move, so it should already be second nature.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Yeah, of course but...

In the case you talk (generally), i prefer Up Tilt, FTilt, DownSmash, Usmash, Jab, Grab... I don't use D-Tilt. Definitly to forget apparatly :/

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Down tilt can help set up combos. Fair is probably his most useless move, too much lag for such a weak move though its a nice Air edgeguard. Though bair is your best choice for that.

wangston

Smash Lord
I'm not a fan of his f smash and his fair. The fsmash comes out to slow and as said early his fair just has to much lag. I really don't like down smash now because it is soooooooo short. All his other moves are just fine. I tend to use sideB instead of up b to recover.

Tonyyyyyy

Smash Cadet
fair sucks because if you don't hit with the last attack you will be vulnerable and attacked 100% of the time.

if they had replaced fair with a forward version of Bair, falco would be unstoppable

Top Bottom