• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Use for dthrow

ADHD

Smash Hero
Use it at high %'s.

It sends them in the air quite slowly with low enough knockback to be in jumping distance, and at high %'s most of them will naturally DI upwards. In this scenario, you can bait the airdodge and punish. If they jump in the air then they're above you without a jump anyway.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I always liked dthrow at low percents on platformed stages because it puts them on the lower platforms pretty easily

Count

Smash Champion
I sometimes mix in dthrow at low-mid percentages. You can follow up with an aerial side b or an occasional backair. The opponent never expects it so you can usually connect.

Lokinario

Smash Apprentice
Count is right, aerial > side B ftw. It's all about baiting the air dodge, imo.

Oh, and btw, ADHD, I was just watching your matches vs Malcolm. Goddamn, you can read people.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Nice idea. I used this sometimes, but I only did it randomly...

DOODE

Smash Cadet
I thought you meant d throw nana at first. I was like, DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
I love dthrow for refreshing moves, and getting them off stage without having to use a backthrow. Dthrow is underrated...lol

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
There are no uses for d-throw unless you can do the glitch on rainbow. stop lying to everyone

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
the glitch where you throw people under the stage lol. works with bthrow too sometimes

Player-1

Smash Legend
That usually only works for bthrow though, dthrow you can stage spike people at the edges of other stages though like SV and BF, but your opponent has to have whack *** DI or something in order for it work.

Vega4

Smash Ace
the glitch where you throw people under the stage lol. works with bthrow too sometimes
mmm. I haven't see that in tournaments vids. Maybe 'cause what you said, that your oponent should have bad DI.

Player-1

Smash Legend
No, on rainbow it has nothing to do with, it has to do with the slope and angle that you're at when you throw them as well as how thin ground is

Dthrow stage spike is different because it works on SV/bf and probably other stages. If you grab the opponent at the very edge of the stage and they DI a certain way then it stage spikes them

:phone:

Vega4

Smash Ace
No, on rainbow it has nothing to do with, it has to do with the slope and angle that you're at when you throw them as well as how thin ground is

Dthrow stage spike is different because it works on SV/bf and probably other stages. If you grab the opponent at the very edge of the stage and they DI a certain way then it stage spikes them

:phone:
Could you post a vid that show it?

Top Bottom