• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

USB Loader w/ SSBB?

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
Recently released was a usb loader to backup games, in which I used to load SSBB. The best part about this is the load time is dramatically decreased, and makes it really good for quick games (in which you dont need to wait for characters loading sheik zelda etc etc or stages loading).

But my question is, after a few minutes of play, my usb loadeed game tends to cut off the music and after the match ends, it freezes at GAME! Does anyone know the solution on how to fix this?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Recently released was a usb loader to backup games, in which I used to load SSBB. The best part about this is the load time is dramatically decreased, and makes it really good for quick games (in which you dont need to wait for characters loading sheik zelda etc etc or stages loading).

But my question is, after a few minutes of play, my usb loadeed game tends to cut off the music and after the match ends, it freezes at GAME! Does anyone know the solution on how to fix this?
Its probably just a problem with the harddrive you use.
I used an 8GB flash drive for SSBB and everything works smooth.
-DD

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I'm using a 30 gig HDD in which you plug in and turn on and all that stuff.

So, the flash drives w/o plugins work just fine? I guess I'll check if I have any :3

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
This does work amazing.

I even have a version that supports codes, but the only problem is that its ocarina rather than gecko, so you really can't get any of the codes working D: Hopefully this gets fixed.

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
Also, is it against the rules to link to homebrew applications like this loader?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Also, is it against the rules to link to homebrew applications like this loader?
The loader can be used for piracy, so yes.

But how much do the smaller GB size (mimimum 5 gb) USB HDDs cost? I'm rather interested in this; it'll make custom music insertion a breeze.

bobson

Smash Lord
The loader can be used for piracy, so yes.
Google can be used for piracy.
The Wii can be used for piracy.
Life can be used for piracy.

Has anyone tried getting online with it? It hasn't worked for me.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Google can be used for piracy.
The Wii can be used for piracy.
Life can be used for piracy.
This is true but I'm speaking of the rules of SWF. If we cannot post how to install the HBC do you really think they would allow us to link to Waninkoko's magic? ;P

EDIT - Especially since that's one of the reasons MLG "banned" talks of the HBC since it opens up the ability to pirate rather easily.

I think brawl is 7GB
You can cut it down to a DVD5 with WiiScrubber. Videos and stuff in SSE become corrupted but there's a workaround if you care.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
HBC is fine because it by itself cannont be used for piracy. A loader that can easily load game ISO's without needing to add anything to it is not up for discussion nor linkage.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
6.93 gigs I believe.

If you want the usb loader, Google is your friend, and hopefully your using it backup purposes

@Mic, so can this topic stay opened? I didn't get my q answered o.o

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm not closing this as long as we don't talk about where to get it or how to get it to load Brawl or any other game.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I like to laugh at people who are all like: lolz brawl takes up way so much spacz.

the first guy was right, just get a single layer brawl iso. drop the subspace content, and BOOM iso is 4.37GB and fully playable (except subspace).

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Or you can just rip your own game, which as far as any sane legal entity goes, is legal.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
<3 usb loader 3.0 is compatible with texture hacks AND brawl+..

no more CD :D My CD never read anyways.

It also really does cut loading times by a lot, and is convenient for those who have wiis that have trouble reading brawl. Just a heads up

Huh

8 gig flash drive for $15 at my local store...

Editing the ISO and using the old method of texture hacking would be ten times less a pain in the ***...

No more coasters for Tatsu. B3

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
<3 usb loader 3.0 is compatible with texture hacks AND brawl+..

no more CD :D My CD never read anyways.

It also really does cut loading times by a lot, and is convenient for those who have wiis that have trouble reading brawl. Just a heads up
Yeah, that's the one I have (v4 now). My Wii is so quiet when I play Brawl...

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
i use the usb loader too, it´s great!, especially it´s loading speed
but
when i try to get online in with brawl, nothing happens
sometimes i get a freeze while connecting and sometimes a message appears which says: "Please put the Brawl Disc into your Wii" (or something like that)

could someone help me? =/

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I love the USB loader and the fact that I can use Brawl with it, I just can't use Ocarina, which makes Brawl+ or EX Brawl loading difficult.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Sd cards work but you need at least a 8gig. Thats what im using now.

Also usb loader gx has ocarnia support. Although it uses the old gecko source so it still has the 256 line limit. The only way to play brawl+ through usb loader is with snapshots(unless someone can tell me otherwise!)

However i never had any problems using online with the usb loader.

Revven

FrankerZ
weird, does the game work as normal when playing wifi with usb loader? one time i tried connecting to a friend and he told me there was some proxy error of such
Noope, works perfectly on WiFi, it's like you're playing the actual disc but it loads 10x faster and is far more enjoyable in that sense (+ custom music).

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Just pray for the hope of hackers managing to mod usb loader to support gecko 1.9 and play brawl+ off the bat
It's not that they can't mod it. It's that the source for 1.9 isn't released. Only the source for the old gecko with the 256 limit is. It's quite easy to add ocarina support to usb loaders but with no source nothing can be done We have to wait til bkrich either releases the source(which i believe he has no intention on doing) Or if bkrich himself makes a gecko 1.9 compatible usb loader.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
It's not that they can't mod it. It's that the source for 1.9 isn't released. Only the source for the old gecko with the 256 limit is. It's quite easy to add ocarina support to usb loaders but with no source nothing can be done We have to wait til bkrich either releases the source(which i believe he has no intention on doing) Or if bkrich himself makes a gecko 1.9 compatible usb loader.
He is probably withholding the source so that back-up loaders of any sort cannot enjoy the features the original Gecko does.

After all, the elite team of Wii hackers do not condone piracy of any sort. Thus I doubt he will release the source nor will make his own loader. Heck one Team Twiizers member (Marcan IIRC) made his own loader within 6 hours, but as easy as it is for them, they don't approve.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
He is probably withholding the source so that back-up loaders of any sort cannot enjoy the features the original Gecko does.

After all, the elite team of Wii hackers do not condone piracy of any sort. Thus I doubt he will release the source nor will make his own loader. Heck one Team Twiizers member (Marcan IIRC) made his own loader within 6 hours, but as easy as it is for them, they don't approve.
Yea i understand why they won't. Just putting it out there the reason on why there's no 1.9 support yet.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I got the coolest ****ing thing. You can make channels from the ISO's to load with your USBLoader, it takes 5-10 blocks per channel and you can load them from the main channel and it has the regular animation. If anyone wants the program, its ****ing sick.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
I got the coolest ****ing thing. You can make channels from the ISO's to load with your USBLoader, it takes 5-10 blocks per channel and you can load them from the main channel and it has the regular animation. If anyone wants the program, its ****ing sick.
I have it as well. Really nice to just put all my VC/Wii Ware games on my SD card menu and then all my games, HBC, and USB Loader GX on the normal Wii menu.
The channels can also load Ocarina codes for Brawl immediately. :D Works great with snapshot method.

Top Bottom