• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Damn, can't make it to either of these! Graduation one day, graduation party the other day. Noooooo

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hey guys. Has anyone tried to go to Best Buy yet? I was thinking about going if the line wasn't too long. If it is, then it wouldn't be worth it.

Edit Forgot that our Best buy is most likely excluded, haha.

Last edited:

x13mako

Smash Ace
I heard the lines were massive as hell anyway, but I didn't end up going. Also, from what I heard it sounds like a rough/shaky demo.

Last edited:

The_Burn

Smash Rookie
So I'm going to be living in Clayton for a couple of months and was wondering if there are any smashers in the area to practice with while I'm there, though I honestly don't know how much spare time I will have...

After arriving and learning how small this town is I should probably say Watertown rather than Clayton...

Last edited:

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
I'm having a surprisingly hard time interpreting this
Huh. I confused someone. Ooops. I suppose that I meant "If you watch, you will regret it." Of course the stream didn't happen because I really didn't feel like fighting with the mall "internet" instead of actually playing the game that I payed money to play.

RM Ulti

Smash Rookie
You have no idea how happy I am to find out that there is a group of people that play smash in Syracuse. If anyone in this thread would be down to play sometime this week that would be amazing, the only practice my brother and I get during the summer is between ourselves and we would love to play with the best players in the area.

Edit: Forgot to mention what games we play, Melee and Project M. Seriously though, if you are good we would love to play you.

Last edited:

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
You have no idea how happy I am to find out that there is a group of people that play smash in Syracuse. If anyone in this thread would be down to play sometime this week that would be amazing, the only practice my brother and I get during the summer is between ourselves and we would love to play with the best players in the area.

Edit: Forgot to mention what games we play, Melee and Project M. Seriously though, if you are good we would love to play you.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/syracusesmash/

AlbobDS

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-8300-2610
Yo so, basically the Utica area is dead/non-existant or never existed in the first place. i'm looking to change that, but have no clue where to get started.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
goodles is in utica as well as b3n when school is in, you'll want to get on the syracuse smash page if youre not already, thats the closest place and goodles comes to cuse semi often

AlbobDS

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-8300-2610
Yeah i'm on the cuse page and went to the first cuse town beat down, it would just be more convenient for me to have a scene thats much closer to me. Syracuse is about an hour away, so getting a ride there isn't easy.

yokothewolf

Smash Rookie
New to New York and looking to get back into playing smash again after a few years. Still figuring out the area myself, so any help is appreciated though I'd definitely love to get back into playing and nostalgia moments.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
yup very top right near the food court. can't miss it. and sandshadow go ahead and get on the syracuse smash page, a bunch of us will be playing today

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
Is there going to be results threads for the last two tournaments?

I like results threads.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
My next tournament is going to be a series.

I will make one thread for it that I will update and will be used as the results thread for every event. Makes everything way easier

Sharky

Smash Master
Tournament at cloud city comics, is that what I'm hearing? Nice! Only it's a few weeks early =(

Yeah I'm gonna be back on leave for a couple weeks at the end of the month. Hype.

Recess

Smash Rookie
Hey whats up I go to SUNY cobleskill with a bus that takes me to u Albany for free and was wondering if there are any locals or events upstate. I live in NYC and have been going to locals a lot. And I want to keep playing, but I have no idea if there is even a scene in the ualbany/cobleskill areas

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
check out first post and get on the capital region smash page to check out that area, i recommend joining the other upstate ny threads to stay in the loop with any upcoming events.

Top Bottom