• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uprise 11! *UPRISE SERIES IS BACK* *PRE-APEX TRAINING*

Vinnie

Smash Master
Another Uprise monthly coming your way! This one is my first tournament I've hosted in several months, and it will feature the APEX2013 ruleset. Hopefully many top EC players will be in attendance so we can prepare for APEX2013.

I chose to finally add in PSA to the roster, as well as having Project M back. This event will be huge, don't miss it!

Allisbrawl link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13817
Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/events/441855482544678/

Venue

Store name: PLANET GAMING (formerly Tenba Gaming)

Free parking, large parking lot in the back.

Address: 941 Hempstead Turnpike, Franklin Square, NY 11010

PRICING

Venue fee: $10
Brawl Singles entry fee: $10
Brawl Piosuma 2on2 (2v2 singles): $5 per person
PSA: $10
Project M: $5

Payouts

Brawl Singles/PSA
1st place: 55%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 15%
4th place: 5%

Piosuma 2on2 - All money goes to St Jude Children's Research Hospital
1st place: APEX2013 shirt(s)

Project M
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Setups:
1. Vinnie
2. Dul
3. Dul
4. Will
5. CoonTail

Schedule​

11:00am - Store opens, registration begins.
12:00pm - Brawl Piosuma 2on2 begins
12:30pm - PSA begins
2:00pm - Brawl Singles pools begins
4:30pm - Brawl Singles bracket begins
5:00pm - Project:M begins
11:00pm - Store closes

Please make it a priority to attend this, especially if you live in NY/NJ! There's a lot of space (2 floors). There will be a lot of setups, hopefully good attendance, a stream, OOS attendance, etc. It doesn't end too late either, so it's more efficient for people who are traveling.

Stream: www.clashstream.com

You can find videos of past Uprises here: http://www.youtube.com/user/CLASHTournaments and check out his website: http://www.CLASHtournaments.com

U11 winner: ???
U10 winner: Vinnie
U9 winner: Vinnie
U8 winner: Vinnie
U7 winner: Vinnie
U6 winner: Dabuz
U5 winner: ANTi
U4 winner: ADHD
U3 winner: ADHD
U2 winner: ANTi
U1 winner: Dabuz

Hype this up! Please post and try to spread the word.

VENUE PICTURES! - This venue is very spacious and we may be able to use the 2nd floor (not shown in pics).

RULES
This tournament will feature the APEX2013 ruleset.

Piosuma 2on2 rules

PSA RULES

1v1
Time Limit:
Matches that run the full course without either playing obtaining 3 kills, the winner will be determined by Overtime.
Hazards are set to ON
Match Time is set to 5 minutes. 3 KILL SCORE LIMIT
Score Display is ENABLED
Items are set to ON and NORMAL

Baumusu's Axe
Dohvat Laser Designator
Hedgehog Grenade
LR-3 Railgun
Razor Claws
RPG-7 Rocket Launcher
Sonic Rift
Spear of Destiny
Sturgeon
Fusion Bomb

Stage rules:
Alden's Tower (inFAMOUS invaded by Sly Cooper)
Columbia (BioShock invaded by Twisted Metal)
Dojo! (PaRappa the Rapper invaded by Killzone)
Franzea (LocoRoco invaded by Metal Gear)
Hades (God of War invaded by Patapon)
Metropolis (Ratchet & Clank invaded by God of War)
Paris (Sly Cooper invaded by LittleBigPlanet)
San Francisco (Resistance invaded by Ratchet & Clank)
Stowaways (Uncharted invaded by BioShock)
Time Station (Ape Escape invaded by Resistance)
For counterpick only (since you cannot put it them on random select)
Practice small 1 and 2
practice medium 1 and 2
Stage selection is selected at RANDOM for the first match of a set.
Each player (1v1) or team (2v2) is/are allowed only (1) stage ban per set.

Match Rules:
All Regular sets are played best out of 3 matches.
Winners Finals, Losers Finals and the Grand Finals are played best out of 5 matches.
Match Settings:
Items are set to ON and to NORMAL
Hazards are set to ON
Match Time is set to 5 minutes.
Score Display is ENABLED
Match Progression:
Winner of a match in a set must stay with character. (only if Loser picks character and goes to random stage)
Loser of match in a set can select a new character OR stage.
If the loser selects a new character, the next stage is selected at RANDOM.
IF loser picks to select stage WINNER can change character)
*Double Blind: If elected.
*Neutral Start: If elected.
*No one stage can be played more than once in a set*

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
After this weekend I will know. If I win the cashola then i'm confirmed. Right now if I bought a plane ticket I would have not enough gas money to attend college.

School > Brawl
Nonononononoononono.

No!

Just come. Purchase everything asap :)

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Ok, I'm thinking of coming to this, does public transit go from JFK airport to the venue? Can I get housing? I'm willing to pay for gas, food, housing cost, whatever I would need to pay.

Denti

Smash Master
Is there anyone who could house me just for Friday Dec 28th??? The day before this tournament. I can't find a affordable flight that comes in on time Saturday so the only way I can make this happen is by coming in Friday.

If you can't house, do you know anyone who can? I'm unfamiliar with the North East region and I don't know who are the people to ask for this. I'd also need a lift to the tournament. Chibo can take me with CT ZeRo to Vex's after the tournament, so no worries there.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Is there anyone who could house me just for Friday Dec 28th??? The day before this tournament. I can't find a affordable flight that comes in on time Saturday so the only way I can make this happen is by coming in Friday.

If you can't house, do you know anyone who can? I'm unfamiliar with the North East region and I don't know who are the people to ask for this. I'd also need a lift to the tournament. Chibo can take me with CT ZeRo to Vex's after the tournament, so no worries there.
If anyone could help him out, it would be appreciated! Denti is one of TX's best players, it would be great to see how he would do in a NY/NJ environment. Spread the word, let's make this happen!

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
this is the day before my 18th birthday....whos tryna get ****ed up after the tourny? hm :)
Party at Vex's?!? (Or somewhere else if he doesn't want to do it in his place!)

What is Karisuma (2v2 singles)?

Is that just doubles or some side event or what?
Vinnie isn't doing normal doubles, Karisuma is replacing doubles. It's not a side event, it's a main event.

Basically, two people form a team, and play out 1v1's vs another team of two. If both players of one team win their matches, they advance. If the score ties at 1 (1-1), then the winners of each team will play a tiebreaker to decide who advances.

Every match is BO1. (Essentially, it's a 'team BO3').

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Ok, I'm thinking of coming to this, does public transit go from JFK airport to the venue? Can I get housing? I'm willing to pay for gas, food, housing cost, whatever I would need to pay.

I don't mean to put anyone on the spot, but you guys could try pming Pane(big bad wolf) or Luxord perhaps for housing since I know they live in the area near the venue.

I could possibly house, but I would have to talk to my parents about it and I will most likely be able to house only two people. Pm me if interested and I'll see what I can work out.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
someone give me a free ride to go and to get back home ;_;

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
I don't mean to put anyone on the spot, but you guys could try pming Pane(big bad wolf) or Luxord perhaps for housing since I know they live in the area near the venue.

I could possibly house, but I would have to talk to my parents about it and I will most likely be able to house only two people. Pm me if interested and I'll see what I can work out.
I am quite close to the venue about 10-15 minutes by car and I would just need to check with my folks if you still need housing Denti.

Well based on your post it seems you're fine, but if something DOES come up just PM me and I could most definitely host you if its just one day :)

I'm pretty good at convincing my parents for small stuff so yeah, and as for me I'm like 90% confirmed for this. HYPE IT UP, UPRISE IS BACKKK

Denti

Smash Master
I am quite close to the venue about 10-15 minutes by car and I would just need to check with my folks if you still need housing Denti.

Well based on your post it seems you're fine, but if something DOES come up just PM me and I could most definitely host you if its just one day :)

I'm pretty good at convincing my parents for small stuff so yeah, and as for me I'm like 90% confirmed for this. HYPE IT UP, UPRISE IS BACKKK
Yeah, I figured out my housing issue. I'm just going to fly into Philadelphia and carpool with Chibo and CT ZeRo from there.

Top Bottom