• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uPick Mafia Ultimate ⭐ Game over! Did the game contain more than a single legal character by the end of its life cycle? Or is it no items, Hades only?

Will you be playing Smash Ultimate instead of this game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The only game I play is Mafia

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm just going to focus
WElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

This is a turn of events.

DtJ S2n DtJ S2n , is your post restriction temporary/are you aware of their being an end to it?
Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier Why are you voting for Bard?
Dooplissity Dooplissity Talk to me about Shish beyond what Moydow said about him yesterday, while moy knew who was and wasn't mafia I don't know if we can assume moy would be so obvious with her voting history.
Kary's suspicion of Bard made sense to me, she alao tagged me to vote for him, and I felt it was worth voting for. I sometimes have trouble reading Bard myself due to the way his plays being similar to me no matter the alignment.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Marisa Kirisame Marisa Kirisame has been replaced by JTB JTB !

Special MOD confirmation thing: Because Soup outed the fact that he had a posting restriction involving telling lies, I'm going to remove that restriction from JTB. It went like this:
+ Tell at least three plainly obvious lies every Day.
+ You cannot admit to lying. You can only say that you were wrong when questioned directly about a lie.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Heyo dudes, I've been skimming this game since it started so I have a general idea of what's been going on. I'll be doing my re-read now that I'm actually in the game and hoping to have it done tonight. If you have any specific questions for me that aren't related to soup's posts, feel free to throw them my way

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
orb uoy evol i btj
DtJ S2n DtJ S2n , is your post restriction temporary/are you aware of their being an end to it?
hhhhhhhhhu

Okay, so if I understand correctly, Marisa was soup's hydra account for this game, which was fairly common practice way back when. Hell, every now and then I use the Illuminati account to mess with the NintenZone. It's all good, especially since soup was only using that one slot.

Bard then abused mod power to see who was behind the curtain which he shouldn't have done since he was an active player. And then banned the account. Yeah, that's more than just not cool. Didn't lonekonwolf get BANNED FROM DGAMES for getting outside advantages? BY BARD no less?

Vote: Bard

Shame I'm wasting the day on this vote, but hey, it's in the interest of fair play at least.
.ylno snosaer emag-ni ot setov tcirtser esaelp ,siht ekil yad eht etsaw t'noD

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Sold, do you have any current thoughts on the people that have been focusing on set up speculation/posting restrictions/etc as opposed to playing the game? Does anyone in particular stand out as coasting off fake content or has it all been irrelevant?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Gonna try to contribute for now while I can as I'm basically gonna be super busy on the next few days since my girlfriend's birthday is coming.

*Ahem*

Moydow's flip doesn't tell us much from her wagon as it's very likely Mafia tried for a myslinch on her and it caught them offguard as well. I still propose we go back to the Maven/Opo lynch though.
why is that likely what happened? Are maven/opo among those you think did so and if not, why are maven/opo more important?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Vote: Bardull

this is easily the best waggon for now.
For one thing, who posts a list of reads at 1 minute until deadline? Is that really your priority?
Especially when those reads are as bland and unhelpful as this:

I know Bard and I had a bit of a drawn-out RVS scuffle yesterday, but this I promise you needs some attention.
Why is bardull more important than looking at moydows actions d1 when they knew the scum team?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dooplissity Dooplissity Talk to me about Shish beyond what Moydow said about him yesterday, while moy knew who was and wasn't mafia I don't know if we can assume moy would be so obvious with her voting history.
I can do this, but please be aware that you're asking me to discard the information gained from a known mafia flip - i.e. the best source of information available to us. I'll address today first, and work my way backwards.

Moydow's flip doesn't tell us much from her wagon as it's very likely Mafia tried for a myslinch on her and it caught them offguard as well. I still propose we go back to the Maven/Opo lynch though.

Oh yeah, we still have Marisa around, don't we? We'll need to resolve the elephant im the room eventually.
Proposing Maven/Opo as a lynch in light of Moy's flip, when Moy was hard pushing Maven and also encouraging OpoLynch is pretty weird from a town PoV. Why would you wagon the people the traitor was shade-casting on D1? Especially when the mafia were aware there was a traitor, but not who it was, Moy pushing on their scumteam would make the main mafia unlikely to think that she was the traitor, leading them the wrong way and putting Moy at NK risk.

But what I really hate is the second bit here. It's a very "test the waters" statement. I feel like Town!Shish is probably more interested in either their preferred scum targets OR in Marisa. Scum!Shish can instead make a lukewarm statement, see if it catches on, and proceed based on that information, which is what I think is being done here.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why is bardull more important than looking at moydows actions d1 when they knew the scum team?
I'm glad to see there's someone else in the game who recognizes how important analysis of Moydow's content is now that we know she's Scum. Totally confused at how little that's been the focus today.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I really wish we could do a NK analysis of Vult but I don't wanna dabble in so much wine right now

Vote: Maven

I don't really think we have any better options and if he doesn't show up(like he said he wouod) he might as well be dead.
vote shish

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Quick review of everything shows people are less concerned about scum hunting and more about trying to speculate on roles/set up. Is this a newbie uPick or has dGames lost it's edge?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Quick review of everything shows people are less concerned about scum hunting and more about trying to speculate on roles/set up. Is this a newbie uPick or has dGames lost it's edge?
There's like one player new to the site, Poyzin but I never had 'edge' to begin with :p

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
There's like one player new to the site, Poyzin but I never had 'edge' to begin with :p
Hi

well this is all very dramatic and eventful, isn't it? blimey.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin I want to apologize for talking down to you like that. I told myself that it's part of the game, but it's still a ****ty thing to do.
I realize that you might be pretty frustrated with me and/or this game, but I hope you can still have fun and keep playing.

Also, I didn't poison you, so that might be some good news. I was just lying about that to see how you would react.
I do appreciate the apology, and I feel like this is sincere. I do understand that me bringing in non-players influencing ingame events is a bit skeptical storywise, and I may have exaggerated some of the details. I was just trying to justify that the Korean speaking was all in good fun. I will no longer speak about alternate languages for the rest of the game; it's been going on too long.

However.

My biggest thing is for the very last sentence you made; everything before didn't set off any alarms. But why did you lie about the poisoning? I know you were saying that you wanted to see how I would react, but that seems like too large of a threat to make before leaving it be as a lie. MY guess is that something in your role involves poisoning players in some way, perhaps saying that they will become alerted once you poisoned them. However, when I claimed that I hadn't received such alert, you played it off as if you never targeted me in the first place. Either this, or a more general approach would be for just a part of your role involves poison, be it immunity, redirect, or otherwise. The latter seems like a safer assumption to make, because I don't want to over-commit on a read that turns out to be false. Yet, you could just use the action of poisoning another player based on past experiences in past games, so I'm not going to delve too far in that realm.

So, the conclusion? I'm leaning towards Kary being Town. Even if poison seems like a scum trait (to me, based on poison = bad), I trust that Kary is smart enough to not give away any crucial elements of her role and abilities. Say that Kary has the ability to poison. If she were scum, that wouldn't be something that you would openly admit to the players as their killing method. Now, if she were a townie, then stating that her role involves poisoning doesn't seem too far-fetched.

Or the role has nothing to do with poison at all, and Kary is using it with past experience as a reference point, and she was only looking for a reaction and that's that. Seems like an odd claim to make if it was simply for a reaction, though. Everybody is putting up a solid poker face.
Answer: Okay.

Also I'm going to refrain from formulating opinions for lynching based on the soup/marisa/bard kerfluffle, because I'm attempting to leave all the drama in the past so we can enjoy the game as we play in the present. I'm also wiping my hands clean from the poyzin/kary kerfluffle for the same reason (albeit extracting the poisoning threat because it's rather curious)

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
MARISA GOT JUSTICE!!! She is unbanned

Life is good. I no longer have any problems. I can die peacefully

day vig: Pokechu

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Sold, do you have any current thoughts on the people that have been focusing on set up speculation/posting restrictions/etc as opposed to playing the game?
Quick review of everything shows people are less concerned about scum hunting and more about trying to speculate on roles/set up.
Sorry if this is in reference to me. I'm trying my best to do better, but I just felt the need to say that last bit. Kary isn't a threat anymore in my eyes (but that could change over time, can't make promises). Leaning towards a potential Maven/Opo lynch, but I'm not sold on it yet. Maybe Opo more than Maven, but I'm struggling to differentiate between the differences between Maven's and Opo's cases.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
orb uoy evol i btj

hhhhhhhhhu

.ylno snosaer emag-ni ot setov tcirtser esaelp ,siht ekil yad eht etsaw t'noD
Yeah, thinking it over, you're right. It was kinda rash in retrospect.

Unvote
Also sorry for being so sporadic today. Lots of Christmas prep.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry if this is in reference to me. I'm trying my best to do better, but I just felt the need to say that last bit. Kary isn't a threat anymore in my eyes (but that could change over time, can't make promises). Leaning towards a potential Maven/Opo lynch, but I'm not sold on it yet. Maybe Opo more than Maven, but I'm struggling to differentiate between the differences between Maven's and Opo's cases.
Why those two when that's who the flipped Mafia was pushing?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Bardull, what are your thoughts on Kary v Poyzons exchange toDay?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
By your own logic, why would we lynch a indie role, which is likely a puppet anyway, in a 13p* game? We don't win by lynching indies. Even if it's a generally anti-town indie, the cost of a lynch on the slot in a 13p game is pretty severe.
:teemo:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
No current opinion on either. Hands were tied today with work and other things, but I'll do a quick read now.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
JTB JTB

Honestly I should be rereading Moydow first, but just to get my current opinion out there re: Kary v Poyzin -

I was suspicious of Poyzin because of certain over-extensions they were doing on day 1, i.e. stating that Nabe would never make a puppet scum despite Utopian presumably having no background with DGames. I'm sure there were more, I'll have to tread back.

Kary finding quarrel with Utopian while also finding quarrel with myself is odd since I have stated that I do not trust the slot in my admittedly short and silly feelers post at the end of D1. Kary's general approach to me this game has been very strange (immediately began reading me as scum when I voted for them, seems to be tunneling a bit maybe? Not sure).

Utopian's post regarding him and his friend wanting to speak korean with Kary doesn't come off to me as disingenuine, while Kary seems fairly quick to call it lying. At which point, Kary gambits Poyzin, to which Poyzin's response is yet again comes off as genuine to some degree?

I don't think the gambit was efficient. Generally you want a here-and-now type of reaction, i.e. a cop result or threatening to day vig them; a poison kill that isn't going to happen until later doesn't really garner the type of reaction I would desire in a gambit (unless he was trying to out a claim, but that's not what ends up happening?)

Honestly, my general read on Kary is likely scum, but I'll have to read back and see what was said by Moydow. Kary might not even be the right lynch from my point of view depending on how the ISO of Moydow goes.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Moydow doesn't have much. Throws Kary support in #200 and #325. Also throws Shish support in #325. I don't think Shish and Kary are aligned based on my gut feel of this post. I'm leaning towards Kary being a much more likelier scum mate then anyone else.

Vote: Kary

BarDulL

Town Vampire
My grammar is terrible atm but I'm also tired, sue me. :V

Gonna start doing a less isolated read on the other players.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Why those two when that's who the flipped Mafia was pushing?
Can you do me one better (this is actually a plea)? I picked them out of suspiciousness only, and while I have come to understand that Maven is busy irl and can't always make it into the thread (I actually don't know why I included Maven in there, I was just thinking about Maven and Opossum being coupled together by Shish, when that isn't really the case in my opinion), Opossum is usually very active on Smashboards... just not here. Most of his comments have been about general topics for the game, such as the soup/marisa conflict, and voting. Not much else. Opossum seems like he is trying to go beneath the radar much moreso than Maven is, which is where I got my mindset from. Then again, I'm open for convincing. I, too, am skeptical of Shish, and I would also join a voting wagon. However, you also are probably the strongest shish-lynch supporter at the moment due to both players wanting to lynch Maven at some point and more. His comments have made me worried that he might be scum, but I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt for a single day.

Notice how I haven't actually voted Opo for lynching, but just giving you a rundown of my thought process. I am aware it doesn't look great having a name like Maven in my lynch possibilities that Moy also mentioned, but I took this as tactic used by Moy to target a fellow scum, only to withdraw moments later. This seems like a stunt on Moy's part to make it seem like Maven was never scum, when that still remains unknown. Also I didn't think Moy was pushing too hard for anything in particular. And if you are referring to Shish in the quoted statement, then I'll have to keep in mind that there is bias from the primary pro-shish-lyncher, but acknowledge the reasoning anyway.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
So to sum, Opo is my number one suspect at the moment, but he's only at maybe a 45% favor. Everybody else is lower than that. I don't think Maven is the correct lynch today, but I wouldn't be opposed if a bunch of players felt that it's the correct move. Shish is a popular lynching target, and I'll surely follow a shish wagon if it comes down to it, but I'm not going to be vocally supporting a Shish lynch on this day in particular, and leave that job to Dooplissity Dooplissity . (Unless, of course, he can give me a If he survives somehow, then I'll probably give his case another look.) Kary, Bardull, Pokechu, and GLG (S2N possibly) I feel are safe townies at the moment, and I feel comfortable with them staying in the game.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
(Unless, of course, he can give me a If he survives somehow, then I'll probably give his case another look.)
EBWOP; realized I deleted a large chunk of the parenthesis.

(Unless, of course, he can give me a better reasoning for Shish. He has a pretty strong wagon against him for now, but I won't advocate in favor of it; there is enough of that going on at the moment. If he survives somehow, then I'll probably give his case another look.)

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Utopian, let's chat it up as fellow geese.

Pick 1 member you think is definitely Town, and 1 you think is definitely scum. Then name a player that you would be interested in investigating.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can you do me one better refers to a better lynch nominee.
Than Maven? Literally anyone else alive. He's by far my strongest townread.
Than Opo? GLG, Shish, FE, You, BarDull at minimum, but there's probably more names I could put in there.

My worldview is such that the best information we can get is from analysis of flipped mafia players. (this is fairly standard, conventional wisdom) Most of what I've said today comes from that base. This is, for example, part of why I've adamantly pushed Shishwagon. My thoughts that Maven/Opo are Town are independent from that, but it all comes from the same basis, which is analysis of the flipped mafia's posts. I've yet to see any argument that comes close.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
For one, I think that Pokechu is definitely town. Skipping two for now. Third, and this might actually be a shock, but I am actually kind of interested in investigating Dooplissity; he has had the most conviction to lynch anyone in comparison to anybody else. That is also one of the main reasons I want to hear him talk more about Shish; I have seen Doop's posts concerning Shish, and he, as he said, is very adamant. He also has not really made any enemies with anyone. Like, at all. I know I was talking about Vult agreeing with everybody, but Doop has just been very respectful of everybody, whilst set in stone on his own cause, and everybody else accepts that as well.

I still love you Doop, just want to know more about you.

Now, answer to two is coming in the next post, just getting this one out for now.

Top Bottom