• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uPick Mafia Ultimate ⭐ Game over! Did the game contain more than a single legal character by the end of its life cycle? Or is it no items, Hades only?

Will you be playing Smash Ultimate instead of this game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The only game I play is Mafia

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't imagine him not using the role, if only for the information, since tracker is excellent with the Ninja dead.

On a seperate note, Moydow was pro-lurker lynch, pro-maven lynch, and anti-shish lynch. Given that he knew the scumteam, I'm definitely not on board with Maven lynch toDay, and I'm cold on lurker lynches.

The Shish unvote before deadline is really damning, I think. vote: shish

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Vote: Bardull

this is easily the best waggon for now.
For one thing, who posts a list of reads at 1 minute until deadline? Is that really your priority?
Especially when those reads are as bland and unhelpful as this:

1. GLG seems fine.
2. Shish seems not fine.
3. Moydow made me raise a brow.
4. FE doesn't stick out to me as bad or anything.
5. Marisa is the most sus slot ever (don't buy their origin story but whatever)
6. Pokechu is a weeb
7. Maven is AFK
8. Neutral on S2n
9. Vult seems fine.
10. Utopian has overextended a lot, or feels like it. Not quick to trust him atm.
11. Awesome dude.
12. Kary is bleaghhhehehahshhdsagda but Kary also has a kawaii korean girl so there you go.
13. Doop rubbed me the wrong way earlier but whatever.
14. No comment on Oppossum.
I know Bard and I had a bit of a drawn-out RVS scuffle yesterday, but this I promise you needs some attention.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
To answer your first point, I think he’s only played 1 or 2 games with more than half of the player list. I do agree at the end of day one he was probably the most pro town player so his death isn’t a shock but is just a bummer.

I need to do a reread of the thread because there is no one I feel confident enough to want to pursue today, but I do want to relook at Vults posts to see if he was onto something before his death
We both should probably get some minor scumpoints as people who knew what he was capable of, then, along with anyone else who knew him well.

That said, I don't know that we'll get much from seeing if he was onto anything, given that we don't know he was the NK target. Especially given his lack of fame here, there's a strong chance he wasn't.

D

Deleted member

I really wish we could do a NK analysis of Vult but I don't wanna dabble in so much wine right now

Vote: Maven

I don't really think we have any better options and if he doesn't show up(like he said he wouod) he might as well be dead.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Oops! There was a problem with two votecounts posted by me Day 1. It doesn't change who's alive or dead, but it is a mistake.

Shish (Marisa, Vult)
Marisa (Maven)
Maven (S2n, Doop, Kary)
Kary (Bard, Poyzin)
Opo (Shish, Fire)
should have been:

Shish (Marisa, Vult)
Marisa (Maven)
Maven (S2n, Doop, Kary)
Kary (:salt:, Bard, Poyzin)
Opo (Shish, Fire)

Shish (Marisa)
Moydow (Doop, Chu, GLG, Stu, Kary, Vult)
Marisa (Maven)
Maven (Shish)
Kary (Poyzin)
Opo (Fire)
should have been:

Shish (Marisa)
Moydow (Doop, Chu, GLG, Stu, Kary, Vult)
Marisa (Maven)
Maven (Shish)
Kary (:salt:, Poyzin)
Opo (Fire)

The mistakes will be left in the original posts for posterity.

Last edited:

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I really wish we could do a NK analysis of Vult but I don't wanna dabble in so much wine right now

Vote: Maven

I don't really think we have any better options and if he doesn't show up(like he said he wouod) he might as well be dead.
Is this purely because he's inactive, or do you think he's likely to be Scum?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
is salt a player character?

how do I unlock them

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Does he not have the same reputation here that I'm used to? Historically, I've seen him eviscerate scumteams and get prioritized as an early NK. Also, myself excluded, (can't self-judge) he was probably the most ProTown player D1. Not obvtown, mind, I had my doubts, but his content was really solid. I was pretty sure the NK was going to hit him if I didn't hit me.
Obviously I'm not Doop, but the possibility exists that Vult let someone ride him last night. More of a bodyguard and less of a doc if is reading the role correctly though. Slim chance, considering it was the first night, but it's a possibility.
That's really it to be fai. The amount of mafia knowledge I have let me figure out most of the abbreviations with context clues, but yeah. Scum are those against the town wincon, protown have town-oriented goals, D1 is day 1 lynch, etc. I'm used to verbal mafia, and most of these abbreviations are new to me, but I have been looking up translations on the go. I do actually appreciate you accommodating me here, as posts using my inability to get "good reads on people" as making me suspicious gets me kind of pissed to be honest.

Just the things in bold, not allowed to DM you.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
There's one more thing that occurred to me when I was re-reading.

I think a little clarity would be welcome from me. No player slot in this game is secretly me posting in the game. To go one step further, every player in this game is playing exactly one role. This is a 14-player game with 14 roles played by 14 people.

Furthermore, this post was not requested by anyone, and is not commentary on the gameplay in any way. It simply occurs to me that for most game mods who aren't me, that kind of information could be assumed to be true without clarification. Since I am me, I think that this is fair information to provide.
If we're to trust this post from Nabe, and I think on balance that we should, then Marisa is simply someone who comes from another forum, and their role is presumably just as random as any of ours. Now I am not 100% on this, but I think this should be our default theory.

Now the problem is how Marisa is playing. Let me break it down into 3 parts.
1. Having a different posting / gameplay style than dgames regulars- e.g. being less serious.
2. Roleplaying as the character of Marisa, which may or not be their upick/role.
3. Pretending to be 'not real' or tied to another player, and dropping misleading hints.

Number one just comes with the territory and is something you're going to deal with any newcomer.
Two is not something I am a fan of, I think it doesn't really help the town, but you do you I guess.
Number three is a straight-up problem that needs to be ironed out in my opinion.

Now as I said yesterday I don't really want to spend a lynch to resolve this playerslot, so Marisa Kirisame Marisa Kirisame you have some explaining to do.
First up, the note 'you don't know anything about' that you posted yesterday. Come clean.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's really it to be fai. The amount of mafia knowledge I have let me figure out most of the abbreviations with context clues, but yeah. Scum are those against the town wincon, protown have town-oriented goals, D1 is day 1 lynch, etc. I'm used to verbal mafia, and most of these abbreviations are new to me, but I have been looking up translations on the go. I do actually appreciate you accommodating me here, as posts using my inability to get "good reads on people" as making me suspicious gets me kind of pissed to be honest.

Just the things in bold, not allowed to DM you.
NK = nightkill, the factional killing ability of the mafia
protown = helping the town, particularly as it relates to scumhunting. Note that technically speaking, you can play protown without being protown, (e.g. Scum player who is active in the thread, keeping people on track, etc) and you can also play antitown while being a Town-aligned player. (trolling, inactivity, things like the Korean gimmick)
obvtown = obvious town
Vult let someone ride him last night = it's weird phrasing, because his role was koopa clown car, so you "ride" in him if he uses his action on you. Opo is speculating that Vult may have taken a bullet for someone by using his action on them.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Edited your list with mine but I’m most wanting to do moy or poison
Yes to the 2nd one!
I don't think anybody here has an opposition to Poyzin lynch
Poyzin is an easy read if you ask me, seems like a waste of a lynch.
I have an okay read on Poyzin too, I was going to suggest him alongside Moydow but I think his anger at S2n at one of his posts was genuine and I want to hear more from him.
I must've skimmed over his posts so far
vote Poyzin or Maven
Utopian has overextended a lot, or feels like it. Not quick to trust him atm
Did a quick reread of the Moy vote, and whaddayaknow? Funny funny, I came up a bunch. Unsure how I feel about this for now, but I guess I'm a threat.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Did a quick reread of the Moy vote, and whaddayaknow? Funny funny, I came up a bunch. Unsure how I feel about this for now, but I guess I'm a threat.
yeah i'm not really sure why so many people were in favor of lynching you

I didn't hate the idea, because I had no strong feelings on you, but I also didn't love the idea for the exact same reason.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Then again, I was just posting in Korean for the hell of it to see if I could outlast Kary in that aspect. But, I do want to know: Why does it seem like everybody has a good read on me, just because I'm not good at putting unique reads on others? This is rather curious, because even though I'm not that great in that aspect, that doesn't seem like a logical reason to label me as scum or town. Curious about what the reads on me even are...

Marisa Kirisame

Smash Cadet
There's one more thing that occurred to me when I was re-reading.

If we're to trust this post from Nabe, and I think on balance that we should, then Marisa is simply someone who comes from another forum, and their role is presumably just as random as any of ours. Now I am not 100% on this, but I think this should be our default theory.

Now the problem is how Marisa is playing. Let me break it down into 3 parts.
1. Having a different posting / gameplay style than dgames regulars- e.g. being less serious.
2. Roleplaying as the character of Marisa, which may or not be their upick/role.
3. Pretending to be 'not real' or tied to another player, and dropping misleading hints.

Number one just comes with the territory and is something you're going to deal with any newcomer.
Two is not something I am a fan of, I think it doesn't really help the town, but you do you I guess.
Number three is a straight-up problem that needs to be ironed out in my opinion.

Now as I said yesterday I don't really want to spend a lynch to resolve this playerslot, so Marisa Kirisame Marisa Kirisame you have some explaining to do.
First up, the note 'you don't know anything about' that you posted yesterday. Come clean.
Mmmm..okay, I guess I can be a good girl for once..

1. Yeah, you guys do have a different style which is a bit polarizing! I think there's lots of de-facto arguments and a less broader perspective, like it's great that Moy was scum and all but I don't feel like we all came together it was just sorta like um coincidence? More about that later!
It's really fun, please let me know if I'm not being clear enough
3. That was um..something not of my doing! I guess this can lead into you asking about the note and I'm being a good girl here and promising that I had nothing to do with it! I was told to post it and that's what I did...

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Then again, I was just posting in Korean for the hell of it to see if I could outlast Kary in that aspect. But, I do want to know: Why does it seem like everybody has a good read on me, just because I'm not good at putting unique reads on others? This is rather curious, because even though I'm not that great in that aspect, that doesn't seem like a logical reason to label me as scum or town. Curious about what the reads on me even are...
Being concerned about what people think of you is a sign of a nervous, worried, mafia mindset.
Why did you start copying me by posting in Korean? did you really think you could 'beat' me in some regard? No, more likely you just decided to copy me because you wanted to fit in, and act like you belong.
I think it's pretty easy to get a read on you, right?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
3. That was um..something not of my doing! I guess this can lead into you asking about the note and I'm being a good girl here and promising that I had nothing to do with it! I was told to post it and that's what I did...
Sure, I believe you. Do you know anything about the note, that you haven't shared with us? Why you got it? Who sent it? Maybe a 'special note' in your role?

Secondly, is that the only post you were told to make?

I don't want to ruin your fun. I appreciate you co-operating with me in this. smiley face emoji

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Sure why not.
vote Bardull
I can't imagine him not using the role, if only for the information, since tracker is excellent with the Ninja dead.

On a seperate note, Moydow was pro-lurker lynch, pro-maven lynch, and anti-shish lynch. Given that he knew the scumteam, I'm definitely not on board with Maven lynch toDay, and I'm cold on lurker lynches.

The Shish unvote before deadline is really damning, I think. vote: shish
I agree with this for the not being on board with a Maven lynch afterwards. It

I do wonder if its normal for Shish to be fickle with his vote right before deadline though.

Marisa Kirisame

Smash Cadet
Sure, I believe you. Do you know anything about the note, that you haven't shared with us? Why you got it? Who sent it? Maybe a 'special note' in your role?

Secondly, is that the only post you were told to make?

I don't want to ruin your fun. I appreciate you co-operating with me in this. smiley face emoji
I recieved the note from an anonymous source, which contained just the image and an instruction that I must post this note. Um..has anyone else recieved something of the like? Are you asking me because you did as well?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
EBWOP (#521)

I also need to do a better job at using my custom color...
do you not have it auto-setup?
Sure why not.
vote Bardull

I agree with this for the not being on board with a Maven lynch afterwards. It

I do wonder if its normal for Shish to be fickle with his vote right before deadline though.
Sorry, perhaps that wasn't clear. Moydow was on Shish, and unvoted prior to leaving until deadline.
Moydow's unvote on Shish is the thing I think is damning.

Also, color me very surprised that we have a flipped mafia member and there's not a lot of analysis on how his flip changes the gamestate. My opinion is that it's +lurkers ++maven --shish, but I'd love to hear other minds.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I mostly didn't like your ****posting yesterday. Though, your posts today are much better in my eyes

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
wait I'm very stupid and misread his vote was on maven

unvote while i recalibrate

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I recieved the note from an anonymous source, which contained just the image and an instruction that I must post this note. Um..has anyone else recieved something of the like? Are you asking me because you did as well?
I'm asking because I'm trying to separate the three parts I mentioned before, and because I am a very meticulous person when it comes to these sorts of details. I think it's important to be specific because it helps to eliminate the possibility that you are mafia lying about something.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Being concerned about what people think of you is a sign of a nervous, worried, mafia mindset.
Why did you start copying me by posting in Korean? did you really think you could 'beat' me in some regard? No, more likely you just decided to copy me because you wanted to fit in, and act like you belong.
I think it's pretty easy to get a read on you, right?
Lmao, albeit that would have been a good move to make, that actually wasn't it. Actually, the story behind it is kind of funny. I was trying to convince my good non-playing friend to join the next round of mafia with us because of it. When I got into Smashboards to see the thread already hectic and Kary only speaking Korean in the thread, he was hysterical. From there, after settling down, (this was before I posted anything), he wanted me to speak [REDACTED] language that may have correlated with my selected character. I immediately rebuked him for wanting me to give hints to who I was, but then we agreed that it would still be funny for me to speak the same language as Kary. Kary was already being questioned at the time, so I thought that if i joined in as well, it might make it seem that speaking Korean wasn't a one person role. Also he really wanted me to speak a different language. So I chose Korean because Kary was. And Kary was already being questioned for doing so.

((you can set a default color in your account preferences.))
Ah thanks, that's pretty helpful.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Lmao, albeit that would have been a good move to make, that actually wasn't it. Actually, the story behind it is kind of funny. I was trying to convince my good non-playing friend to join the next round of mafia with us because of it. When I got into Smashboards to see the thread already hectic and Kary only speaking Korean in the thread, he was hysterical. From there, after settling down, (this was before I posted anything), he wanted me to speak [REDACTED] language that may have correlated with my selected character. I immediately rebuked him for wanting me to give hints to who I was, but then we agreed that it would still be funny for me to speak the same language as Kary. Kary was already being questioned at the time, so I thought that if i joined in as well, it might make it seem that speaking Korean wasn't a one person role. Also he really wanted me to speak a different language. So I chose Korean because Kary was. And Kary was already being questioned for doing so.
this is probably the most obvious lie I have ever seen in a mafia game. lol

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I immediately rebuked him for wanting me to give hints to who I was, but then we agreed that it would still be funny for me to speak the same language as Kary. Kary was already being questioned at the time, so I thought that if i joined in as well, it might make it seem that speaking Korean wasn't a one person role. Also he really wanted me to speak a different language. So I chose Korean because Kary was. And Kary was already being questioned for doing so.
EBWOP; I repeated myself because I didn't read what I typed. Should be like this:

I immediately rebuked him for wanting me to give hints to who I was, but then we agreed that it would still be funny for me to speak a different language. Kary was already being questioned at the time, so I thought that if i joined in as well, it might make it seem that speaking Korean wasn't a one person role.

Marisa Kirisame

Smash Cadet
Can we um just ignore those they're honestly creeping me out and I have no idea where they're coming from seriously

I'm asking because I'm trying to separate the three parts I mentioned before, and because I am a very meticulous person when it comes to these sorts of details. I think it's important to be specific because it helps to eliminate the possibility that you are mafia lying about something.
I promise I'm not Mafia! I feel like maybe I'm being targeted by Mafia or someone who opposes me?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
this is probably the most obvious lie I have ever seen in a mafia game. lol
I see why you might think so, but...

I actually swear on my life that this happened. Not even joking anymore. I could tell you the exact f**king location of where we were talking. Y'all know I was just jacking around the first few hours, not saying anything productive until I snapped at Dtj. I've been keeping him up to date on the occurences in the game, and he has been reading as a guest too once I showed him the thread. Try me.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
unofficial votecount

kary [2] bardull, poyzin
maven [3] stu, doops, kary
oppo [2] shish, fire
mirasa [1] maven
shish [2] marisa, vult
not voting [4] poke, glg, oppo, moydow

total 14p
this was the unofficial VC after moy's unvote
the unvote being on maven makes me less sure that maven is town, but I'm still pretty sure about it

do we think Moy knew we were under plurality vote? because that affects my read on the other leading wagons

Top Bottom