• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uPick Mafia Ultimate ⭐ Game over! Did the game contain more than a single legal character by the end of its life cycle? Or is it no items, Hades only?

Will you be playing Smash Ultimate instead of this game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The only game I play is Mafia

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
What kind of answer were you expecting to get from this?
I was hoping to get something that fits with the flavor of the role.

Although apparently Fire was immune to everything? Or he could choose one each Night? Not sure. That flip has messed up my understanding of the setup.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey guys, I'm back home so should be able to meaningfully contribute again. Tonight a little less so, because I'm gonna be drinking and playing Smash for NYE. but whatever.

Will do!

As I've said on previous days, I am Pickboy. I have two powers, both centered around picking. Everyone here saw my first ability firsthand, which was that once per game, I could have the votes be cast only for a specific set of people, ones that I personally pick. This was the day that led to Shish's death, but in my defense, everyone else thought he was acting scummy too.

My second ability is one I hinted at very early on in the game, and that's a conditional bulletproof. Each day, as it begins, I need to pick who I think the lynch target will be. It needs to be early in the day though so I can't cheese it. If I pick correctly, I can't be injured that night "by traditional means." I assume this means night kills from the Mafia, but not things like poison or an unorthodox vigilante. Yesterday I DID guess correctly, though, so maybe the lack of night kill was due to that. Or it was entirely coincidental. Food for thought though.

And that's my full claim.
Who did you pick today, and why? Can you clarify what "very early in the day means" (e.g. within the first X hours of the phase)?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
There's a difference between being immune when you use that ability, and being immune all the time.

Besides, night actions resolve in a certain order anyways. You wouldn't have to be immune to a roleblock for your role to work, you just need higher priority.
If I only have one night ability and it's a one shot, being immune during my one action and being immune all of the time are the same thing since I don't have anything else to block lmao.

Also, if my role reacts to being targetted, that means my role goes after other roles naturally...

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Although apparently Fire was immune to everything? Or he could choose one each Night? Not sure. That flip has messed up my understanding of the setup.
He picked one each night. Glad I reappeared right as most of the players are on.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
FWIW, I 100% don't believe that mafia would target Opo if they were town
But if he can correctly get Kary's flavor, that proves the power unless we have a Kary/UP scumteam. Is that what you're thinking?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

He only could use one item per Night, but honestly, it looks like the majority of the descriptions are just fluff.

Since we are most likely in lylo, I do want to have both you and Doops claim as well, we need everything on the table to figure out what to do toDay.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
What happened to Maven's coat?
Technically, I guess I still have it. I can't get cold immunity from it anymore after last night. I'll get it from your coat tonight.

I'm Gheb. The salt vote is a permanent passive, and I have a one shot I can use at night. Everyone that targets me the night I use it dies.
Care to elaborate? Does this include town abilities then?

And why do you have a salt vote if you are an Arcanine named Gheb?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
But if he can correctly get Kary's flavor, that proves the power unless we have a Kary/UP scumteam. Is that what you're thinking?
No, I was thinking that Opo assuming there was no NK because mafia targeted them is incorrect because there's absolutely no reason for them to shoot Opo, an already questionable player, over literally anyone else.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
If I only have one night ability and it's a one shot, being immune during my one action and being immune all of the time are the same thing since I don't have anything else to block lmao.

Also, if my role reacts to being targetted, that means my role goes after other roles naturally...
Getting walled is getting jailed. It's not the same. But whatever.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Wait, Poyzin, are you saying that you keep the clothes or you just inspect what a player is wearing?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
He only could use one item per Night, but honestly, it looks like the majority of the descriptions are just fluff.

Since we are most likely in lylo, I do want to have both you and Doops claim as well, we need everything on the table to figure out what to do toDay.
You really think this game was 4-10? That would be brutal. I think we have one more phase.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Wait, Poyzin, are you saying that you keep the clothes or you just inspect what a player is wearing?
I inspect the clothing by taking it for a single night, use to to gain a cold immunity for the night, and then give it back. Not everybody has clothing. I figured I'd still have Maven's coat because he's dead.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
You are forgetting that I also knew about FE's BB suit if you are saying that I'm a scumteam with Kary after one result.
No, I definitely don't think you are Scum together. I'm just trying to understand why JTB's so concerned with the issues surrounding your result on him.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
You really think this game was 4-10? That would be brutal. I think we have one more phase.
Actually that was my mistake, I meant mylo and I thought there were only 6 players alive, not 7. Still, I think we are at the point in the game where we need everything on the table, unless you disagree.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire

So you want everyone to claim toDay?

I'm fine with claiming at some point.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually that was my mistake, I meant mylo and I thought there were only 6 players alive, not 7. Still, I think we are at the point in the game where we need everything on the table, unless you disagree.
I concur. The day before Lylo/Mylo is the best place to do this, because we can resolve any counterclaims.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
The only people left unknown are you, me and Doops and it's important that I go last for reasons you'll see soon enough. I don't care the order between you and Doops though

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
So you want everyone to claim toDay?

I'm fine with claiming at some point.
At some point should ideally be later in the phase. We've already focused way too much on roles, and I'd like to see some actual scumhunting go on. We can get it all out once we're past the halfway point of the phase.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
At some point should ideally be later in the phase. We've already focused way too much on roles, and I'd like to see some actual scumhunting go on. We can get it all out once we're past the halfway point of the phase.
It's a 2 IRL day phase with NYE tonight and everyone being hungover tomorrow, effectively making this a 1 day game. It should be immediately so we can gather focus and not scramble on Wednesday.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
nvm again, the Day goes until Thursday but I still believe it's good to get this all out in the open unless you have reason otherwise

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
{h-h-hey there, what does this mean}
oh right sorry

lynch or lose and mislynch/lose

LyLo is when Town has to lynch a mafia or the game probably ends at Night, like 3 Town, 2 Mafia.
MyLo is when Town, if they mislynch, probably lose at Night due to the NK, like 4 Town, 2 Mafia.

Both of these get ****ed up by vigilantes, doctors, etc, but they're usually good enough.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
No, I was thinking that Opo assuming there was no NK because mafia targeted them is incorrect because there's absolutely no reason for them to shoot Opo, an already questionable player, over literally anyone else.
I could possibly see it. Shooting Opo would be a Big Move™ because he would be easy to get a mislynch on, but if they wanted to have him flip town and then go after someone else (for example Dooms for insinuating that Opo's pool looked really scummy from a town-confirmed view), it might work.

Otherwise it could lead to red herrings and WIFOM. Big Moves™ at the start or the end can create just enough confusion to grab a W. If Opo flipped town when he was someone people were wary of, that'd be enough for them to reconsider even their strongest reads. I know one game I was mafia where we had to give a gun each day to a townie to shoot, first day right off the bat we gave it to the best player LOL

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Stalling doesn't help us any.
Well, it helps me, specifically. I've spent a week IRL time not really paying much attention to the game, and I'd appreciate having 24hrs or so where I can expect the Town to be reasonably focused on scumhunting and act as a sounding board for me.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Well, it helps me, specifically. I've spent a week IRL time not really paying much attention to the game, and I'd appreciate having 24hrs or so where I can expect the Town to be reasonably focused on scumhunting and act as a sounding board for me.
Here's a brief recap:

- Some town players are playing like scum
- Some town players are playing like town
- Scum players are also playing like town and lynching players looking like scum

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Let's not be hasty, I'll get you your lynch soon enough but I still want claims before anything.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Then my only thought at this point after the FE flip is to assume that my original flavor is what should show up, even if I wasn't that flavor when I was targeted, and assume that Poyzin's role is to be true.
Ok so even though there's a possibility he's lying about his results, you think he's legit?

What about the 'coathanger language' thing? Nothing to worry about?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Let's not be hasty, I'll get you your lynch soon enough but I still want claims before anything.
I have nothing interesting or useful to claim. Given we apparently had a doctor save or equivalent last Night, I'm not sure it's in our best interests to out everything.

I made this mistake yesterday, but there's no majority lynch. Voting now doesn't change anything, still have to wait for deadline. Might as well.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I think it's too big of a rabbit hole to go down since we already have FE confirmed as town and the only way he could have known about the BB suit was if his role is correct. I'm really unsure what to think about his result on me though but the FE result leans me towards believing it's something with the set up that I have no intention of trying to guess.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
you're right, I keep forgetting it's majority at the end of the day

in that case, Vote Poyzin

I received information pertaining to my role last night that there's a thief in the game that is a threat to town. Poyzin claimed a role that takes people's clothes for himself.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I think it's too big of a rabbit hole to go down since we already have FE confirmed as town and the only way he could have known about the BB suit was if his role is correct. I'm really unsure what to think about his result on me though but the FE result leans me towards believing it's something with the set up that I have no intention of trying to guess.
FE said he didn't get his BB suit returned, either.

I can assure you that your BB suit was returned to you, and that you were immune to the cold last night.
Well for some reason I did not get it back.
I could easily see Poyzin's claim being only half-true, and he's some kind of mafia thief or something.

Top Bottom