• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uPick Mafia Ultimate ⭐ Game over! Did the game contain more than a single legal character by the end of its life cycle? Or is it no items, Hades only?

Will you be playing Smash Ultimate instead of this game?

• Yes

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The only game I play is Mafia

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll also state this since there's no need for me to hide it any longer and even if Poyzin is in direct opposition to me, I've already achieved my win condition and my only reason for playing at this point is to help town win (even if I die).

My flavor is literally Soupamario and I'm a friendly indy who wins with town or with whomever if I achieve a specific win condition (which I already have). One of my abilities is being able to research a dead player and obtain one of their abilities, which I did for Shish yesterDay and obtained his Death Lines ability. I perceived the death of my wincons player slot and was additionally told that the thief is not aligned with town.

Poyzin dies toDay. I also have a one shot kill that I will be using toNight and our conversation toDay will be who to use it on.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'll also state this since there's no need for me to hide it any longer and even if Poyzin is in direct opposition to me, I've already achieved my win condition and my only reason for playing at this point is to help town win (even if I die).

My flavor is literally Soupamario and I'm a friendly indy who wins with town or with whomever if I achieve a specific win condition (which I already have). One of my abilities is being able to research a dead player and obtain one of their abilities, which I did for Shish yesterDay and obtained his Death Lines ability. I perceived the death of my wincons player slot and was additionally told that the thief is not aligned with town.

Poyzin dies toDay. I also have a one shot kill that I will be using toNight and our conversation toDay will be who to use it on.
I don't understand. You can win with any alignment if you kill a specific player? But you haven't killed them yet? Can you kill them toDay?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
"I perceived the death of my wincon's player slot" probably means his win con had to do with Maven?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sorry guys, by the way. My brother's last day here is today before he goes back to college, so things have been kinda hectic.
Hey guys, I'm back home so should be able to meaningfully contribute again. Tonight a little less so, because I'm gonna be drinking and playing Smash for NYE. but whatever.

Who did you pick today, and why? Can you clarify what "very early in the day means" (e.g. within the first X hours of the phase)?
To be honest I don't really feel the need to say that, as it'd make me an easy target tonight if the person I picked doesn't get lynched.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry guys, by the way. My brother's last day here is today before he goes back to college, so things have been kinda hectic.

To be honest I don't really feel the need to say that, as it'd make me an easy target tonight if the person I picked doesn't get lynched.
Just the window, then. At what range can you submit your action? e.g. Start of Day to 6 hours in.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just the window, then. At what range can you submit your action? e.g. Start of Day to 6 hours in.
When I said "early enough in the day," I didn't mean a strict time. Instead it's judged based on how many people have already voted. I won't give the threshold since it could be used against me in theory, but that's how it works. It's so I can't just hop on an early lynch wagon for a free bulletproof.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, why are you lying about your claim, then? I'll give you one chance to revise it so it lines up with the information I have. If you don't by the end of the Night, or it doesn't line up with my information, I'll be forced to assume you're Scum.

Answer quickly, since I know you're here. :)

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah so I'm gonna suggest we vote: opo

If Opo flips thief-like, we can reevaluate on Poyzin, otherwise JTB offs him toNight. Opo is definitely a higher priority lynch than poyzin, for three reasons

1) if JTB's claim is true he can deal with Poyzin himself via his killing abilities. I can't kill Opo tonight.
2) I have a much harder guilty on Opo than JTB does on Poyzin. I have direct proof Opo is lying about his claim, whereas JTB only has that "the thief is not aligned with Town", and we're just assuming that means Poyzin because it fits the claim.
3) Because my guilty is harder, I'm accountable to the Town. If Opo townflips, you all could murder me toNight or lynch me toMorrow. JTB's is softer, and doesn't directly mean we have to kill JTB if Poyzin townflips. This point isn't really relevant if you think it's LyLo, but 10-4 is a dumb split that could put the game in D3 MyLo, and I reallllly doubt Nabe would run that,

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh and
4) If Opo flips thief, we don't have to kill Poyzin based off of the hint JTB got. It's not super likely to happen, but it is worth considering because it saves us a kill aimed in the wrong direction.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Vote: Opossum

I agree that Doop's plan sounds much better than JTB's. If Opossum doesn't flip thief-like, shoot Utopian.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Dooms Dooms Dooplissity Dooplissity

Figured I'd clear up the air because I never actually confirmed nor denied any allegation made by JTB, so I figured I'd confirm it right here right now. Nothing will be left on the table after this.

I was the thief.

I am no longer the thief.

I am now a townie along with the rest of you all, for I had won the game last night, and chose to remain in it.

This is why I needed to lie last night about my "inspecting" rather than "stealing". I was indeed an indy thief up until last night, and you all did need to lynch me to get the town win condition. In order to win the game, I needed to steal 6 points of clothing. Coats are worth 3 points. All else is worth 1 or 2 points. Some people will be notified if their clothes were stolen. I recieved 2 points from the BB suit, 1 point from JTB's supposed cute hat, 3 points from Maven's canadian coat, and -1 from the gasoline taint. That left me with 5 points going into the night, and I was luckily saved by Kary's dismissive and uncaring attitude towards yesterday's lynch, sparing me in favor of FE. Due to her speaking Korean earlier on in the game most likely to fit with her flavor (which I found to be true), I figured that she must be wearing some type of clothing, or else she would be a naked Korean. I stole her coat. I touched 8 points, and I had one the game. At that point, I was notified of my victory, and Nabe asked if I would like to continue playing, which I agreed to. Once receiving word, Nabe informed me of the next phase of my game. As a continuation of my character description, I realized that coats weren't the only thing of value in the world, and that I transcended my former ideologies; sacrificing my role to become a vanilla townperson in exchange for a bunch of information pertaining to the game, which I had the option of sharing with you. I know you all will be slow to trust me after several of my lies had been brought to light by Kary or myself, so I won't blame you all if you choose to lynch me out of fear. That's a reasonable thing to do. It also might give reason to not lynch Opossum; however, I still hate the fact that he is avoiding answering questions that are supposedly "unimportant to us", which strikes me off in a time where we are all confessing our roles to the town.

I have information about how many scum are left, as well as the statuses of players who are Primed for ignition tonight.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
This seems like a big stretch coming right off of replacing Marisa Kirisame, to be honest. I think you're bluffing. Kill me if I'm wrong.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I also want to clear up what I was lying about in the past, and what I wasn't, and why. As I just confessed, I was against the town wincon up until last night, so there were some things that I had to hide. First off, the story about my friend was actually the truth. I was just trolling around in the chat.
Damn, okay. Didn't realize that we were actually PLAYING now.
I got really offended when it was suggested that I wasn't contributing, which while it was true, I also thought that people were taking my joking around seriously.

Coat hangerish, however stupid it may sound in hindsight, was a real thing that was suggested. It would be me just only talking in clothing emojis.

Me saying that cold was mentioned in a previous post was a lie. I forced myself believe that it was already known to the town, even if it wasn't true, so I could include it in my list of elements already known, coupled with Fire, Poison, Walls, and Clothing. I really wanted to compile a list so somebody who knows about them could explain it to me.

I already mentioned it, but I never inspected. I stole. I can no longer do either now.

Me saying that I was immune to cold was also untrue. I was only immune for a night whenever I successfully stole somebody's clothing.

Effectively, me giving others an immunity to cold after "inspecting" clothing was also untrue.

Me saying that I acted as a "doctor of sorts" was after Kary told me that Cold was the NK mechanism was me trying to tie in the previous thing I said, along with my new knowledge of nightkilling provided by Kary, to bring my role more intertwined with the workings of the game. I hadn't heard anybody claim to be the doctor at that point, so I claimed myself as one "of sorts".

Let me know if there is anything confusing I have ever said, and I'd be happy to clear the air before I get lynched.

Oh yeah, I never said what I recieved. You all might distrust me further for not giving it immediately, but I was using this as an incentive for trusting me. I'd happily tell you guys if I felt comfortable, but me spoiling all my information right before I die seems a bit pointless and not a great way to go out.

Ah well.

There are three minus one scum remaining in the game, the negative one being me after I transcended, as I aligned myself with the town instead of the mafia after I won my game. This was mentioned by Nabe, so I mentioned it to you. There are also 2 players Primed for ignition for tonight. Take that as you will. We have one more day maybe, and a 5/2 town/scum requires that we make the right lynch tonight.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
JTB: I'm an indy
This I don't actually trust. I would be glad to lynch JTB, because me knowing that I'm indy means that it is less likely that he is, along with his sabotage(?) of my claim saying that I shouldn't have gotten the cute hat from him, as well as his outlandish bluff(?) claiming that he is Soupamario and can investigate a dead player's ability(?), while trying to strike fear into me(?) for some reason telling me how I'm going to die(?) before I'm actually dead, as well as claiming this:

I achieve a specific win condition (which I already have).
without anymore knowledge past this, as well as his reluctance to share his role until everybody else has, but shares his role anyway.

Actually I'm just going to do it. Actions speak louder than words.

Vote: JTB

Request votecount #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Before you met your win condittion, were you considered a threat to the town?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
wait so town lost twice already and now we're just competing for 3rd? lol why are we still playing

We need to hit the arsonist today. Can we assume that arsonist and mafia aren't aligned? If so, based on Utopian's info, there's not only two mafia, but also an arsonist chilling around?

We have 3 anti town, 2 indy's turned town, and 2 townies left if we believe everyone... lol

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
wait so town lost twice already and now we're just competing for 3rd? lol why are we still playing

We need to hit the arsonist today. Can we assume that arsonist and mafia aren't aligned? If so, based on Utopian's info, there's not only two mafia, but also an arsonist chilling around?

We have 3 anti town, 2 indy's turned town, and 2 townies left if we believe everyone... lol
There's an arsonist? Where'd we hear this?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Opinion, give.

That's my bad, I misread Opo as UPo.

If Opossum is mafia, who with?
Wasn't thinking that far ahead, tbh. The Poyzin/JTB claimwar is weird and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I really need to re-read Opo too... I'll do that before end of Day. Opo being able to use his power on sho/fe/bardull suggests very much to me that it's probably Dooms, though.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Wasn't thinking that far ahead, tbh. The Poyzin/JTB claimwar is weird and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I really need to re-read Opo too... I'll do that before end of Day. Opo being able to use his power on sho/fe/bardull suggests very much to me that it's probably Dooms, though.
OK fair enough.
What part of Oppo's claim is he lying about? Choosing a target during the Day? I want more information on this whether from you or Oppo at some point.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
OK fair enough.
What part of Oppo's claim is he lying about? Choosing a target during the Day? I want more information on this whether from you or Oppo at some point.
It's not prudent for me to reveal what I know or why until he revises his claim. If he doesn't give it, that should be proof positive we need to lynch him, no?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It's not prudent for me to reveal what I know or why until he revises his claim. If he doesn't give it, that should be proof positive we need to lynch him, no?
I don't see why I should lynch him over what could just be a misunderstanding.
I would like to agree with you, but given this game so far, being blatantly anti-town doesn't mean anything.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't see why I should lynch him over what could just be a misunderstanding.
I would like to agree with you, but given this game so far, being blatantly anti-town doesn't mean anything.
I suppose that's true. I have proof positive he's lying about his claim, though, and it would be super weird for him to be all "this is my full claim" and then get cagey about details when he's just making **** up.

The small chance he is just another fakeclaiming townie is why I want to give him a chance to re-claim, though. I don't think I'll buy it regardless, but I suppose you never know...

If we lose to maven's YOLO play, shish's antics + fakeclaim, and then opo's fakeclaim, I'm actually pretty OK with it, because I can just throw my hands up. There's just nothing I can do to carry that much weight.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Gasoline + 2 people ignited tonight.
OHHhhhh, you're right. Things are starting to click into place now; I'm really not that great at this. I never would have linked the burning and the "priming for ignition"

In that case there is one mafia left. I never considered an arsonist, and I was told that there are two remaining players who are threats to the town. I interpreted this as two mafia. That means its one mafia and one arsonist instead.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
or, in sensible land, that there are two mafia and one of them just has arsonist powers.

i don't see a set-up where the main mafia party is just one player. That kind of ruins the whole point and concept of "informed minority", and it also makes no sense considering that Shish was able to remove daytalk from the mafia. If there were only one main mafia, he should've failed to delete the daytalk, because there was no daytalk.

Top Bottom